It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Presidential motorcade SUV. Protesters better watch out if they try to egg the limo.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Tons of firepower to deal with anybody who attempts to attack the Presidential limousine either with small arms or just egging it.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, Americans beware, after all if you protest our dictator, I mean president you must be a dissenter and possible terrorist.

Thanks for the pic, delta, it sure makes me feel proud and warm about my elected leaders.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes, Americans beware, after all if you protest our dictator, I mean president you must be a dissenter and possible terrorist.

Thanks for the pic, delta, it sure makes me feel proud and warm about my elected leaders.

No problem Marg, you should be glad to see taxpayers money doing its work to provide the best protection available for the leader you hate.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

you should be glad to see taxpayers money doing its work to provide the best protection available for the leader you hate.

Well at least is used to help keep him safe even if our bridges are falling down.

I think that if he was loved he will not have any need to feel scare of the people he was elected to serve.

Actually he may be a littler paranoid, hummm.

Still nice pic.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
thats a lot of power.
I might go out and get a couple of cartons of eggs now.
and work on an gattlin style egg launcher moo-who-haha

In reality I think thats way too much if that were to be his ride.
Reminds me of the punisher comics.

I'd hate to be a by stander when they use that thing.

Even if they put rubber bullets in it that would still inflict a lot of pain
to the people that weren't "egging"

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
i want one for my birthday

yo delta you want to hook a brother up with some wheels

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They could add missles to it for all I care. But one IED and there goes thier little toy.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Heavens. What a fantastic piece of kit. I've always wondered what's in those black coloured vehicles in the Presidential motorcade. I never thought it'd be a machine gun cannon.

And to think Queen Elizabeth travels the streets of London in the state coach, built in 1762 & pulled by horses. Wow. American taxes helped pay for it ! Yay for the USA - cheers guys !

I saw Tony Blair's motorcade once when I was driving through Glasgow. Nowhere near as smart as the US equivalent. Two police outriders, two police cars and for reasons unknown a Ford Galaxy, with police officers on all the overhead motorway bridges to stop the natives from dropping bricks on his car. He himself was in a Jaguar, sitting tapping away on a laptop as he went past. A lot taller in real life than on tv. Even though he was seated. If you know what I mean.

But don't you Americans feel a bit intimidated knowing that thing is trundling around DC ?

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's against the law to throw anything at a moving vehicle - egg, water balloon, ketchup package, bomb, etc. Doesn't matter whether the president is in the vehicle or not.

[edit on 8-15-2007 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thats exactly what I need when stuck in rush hour. I would love to have that Gatling gun for all kinds of fun at home. Hope that guy was shooting blanks (no punt intended). Enjoyed the video greatly thanks.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My concern is that the Presidential motorcade generally travels through extremely populated areas. Kind of makes me wonder if the use of a minigun is such a smart idea. I'd kind of prefer a .50 machine gun. More bang per bullet, but firing less of them so you're less likely to hit lot's of civilians while trying to hit one protester.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
It's against the law to throw anything at a moving vehicle - egg, water balloon, ketchup package, bomb, etc. Doesn't matter whether the president is in the vehicle or not.

Do you believe deadly force is required in response to an egg?

Originally posted by cyberdude78
More bang per bullet, but firing less of them so you're less likely to hit lot's of civilians while trying to hit one protester.

Im still laughing at this

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
OMG!A bit of overkill for those egg tossers dont you think?Would be ideal for New York driving though!!

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nothing like being hated. I suppose in the event that someone loses their mind and tosses an egg they'll be blown away taking out about 8 people along with them.
That's the price they will pay for the Dic... I mean Decider. Tell me he works for the people and i'll tell you i'm really Elvis Presley posting all these years from the dead.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah, so most of you are using any excuse to get at the POTUS, fantastic. Never mind that this security SUV in not part of the current presidential motorcade detail, and that it is a custom version offered for entities that provide security in high conflict areas like Iraq. Nor of the fact that it would never be used in an official manner for the situation described by the original poster. Great objective and rational responses here, keep it up.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Still seems like overkill to me. Miniguns are really only good for things like anti-aircraft and clearing out a landing zone, they're really not that practical for ground use. I still think that a .50cal is much more suited to the job.

And come to think of it, why would anyone use an SUV in an area so dangerous that it warrants a minigun? Wouldn't it make more sense to just use a Humvee or an APC? Just seems like attaching an RPG launcher to a parade float to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Great WestPoint23...great.

I'm assuming it's also equipped with run-flats and B7 armor. Looks like a Blackwater vehicle....nice.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A .50 cal would kill an exponentially greater number of civilians than the M134. The bullets go through 4 or 5 people before they stop.

Aww man...the minigun was great, that thing is definately packing...but I am still dissapointed. I was hoping to see stinger missiles or grenade launchers or something more...explosive.

What do they do against long range cruise missiles

I am going to put it more bluntly that some others: I love how there are some people who can only hate...people if you hate the way the president does things, I'm sure that there are hundreds of anti-bush/america forums for you to complain on online. This is not the topic however.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It does give a glimpse into the difference between the UK and US.

UK Prime Ministers have been know to walk from Downing St to Parliament.

Blairs Done it, Major did it, Heath did it.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
When in doubt......SHOOT EVERYONE......that is why we are sooooo great. We can like, kill people.....We are soooooo safe.

I just think that if someone wanted to attack a prime target, this little toy wouldnt really do much since they arent going to run up and try and pick the lock. They would probably use a bomb or rpg or something. It does look cool though...very hollywood.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join