It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

scamming the 419 scam--hehehe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Have any of you ever recieved an e-mail stating that you will recieve a large lump sum of cash....Well my co-worker and i have --and we are going to have fun with it.

Last week we recieved an e-mail (from manila) stating that they have 6.5 million in an idle account . The account holder was deceased and they wanted us to pose as the next of kin . This scam involved numerous quality documents including a passport and certificate of deposite of said MILLIONS (powers)(muhahaha).
All that would be needed was an adress from us and phone #--.Which we provided(muhahahah).They would secure the lawyers to have a probate registery of manila making us the next of kin and a will(muhahahaha).

So now we are stringing them along before they had the chance to ask us for any monies. However we have implied that we are willing to do whatever it takes to recieve the said money.

Here is a copy of documents---The quality of these document are exceptional

i152.photobucket.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

So now that you seen the photo's and the documents we are wondering what to do next to scam the scammer's--

We have already completed a trace of their e-mail and found that it's origin's are from NIGERA as expected because we know of the 419 scam(muhahahahah)

How dare they think they can outsmart a couple of AMERICAN'S who subscribe to ATS and are in the know..

We have a couple of idea's that involve webcam's and plane ticket's and cash delivery --so if you have any idea's please advise...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
HEHE This reminds me of this one gig these guys pulled.

They got taken for a ride by some scammer on a flat screen tv or something a few yrs ago..

Anyway needless to say they got back at the guy with cameras and such..

This is going to be cool as hell if you guys finish it off..
Ohh and you know how many stupid Americans actually fall for that scam??

Its actually pretty alarming to say the least.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I almost fell victim to one of these scams last year,there is a website called 419 eaters that does the same thing you speak about.There are some funny stories there about how they mess with these guys,but beware they can be dangerous people.Google 419 eaters and you should find the site.Good luck and keep us posted.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Your post reminded me of this - pretty funny stuff.

419 Scam

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Thich Headed said:

Ohh and you know how many stupid Americans actually fall for that scam??
I wouldn't exactly call them stupid,these scammers can be very convincing.Especially to those who never heard of the 419 scams.I thank God that I checked into it before I gave them any info on me or else i too would have been a victim.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
this 419 is my favorite. it's a long read but worth every second of it, down to the video they ended up making.

www.419eater.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
there was a special on Dateline / NBC recently,

Chris Hansen, actually flew to London and convinced some of these guys to come and meet with him and he "busted" them on camera.

One guy took off running.. it was funny.

six

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I saw the same Dateline.......I think that they did another one earlier in the year.....If more people started to mess with the scammers...hmmmmm....just a thought...lmao

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If you're giving your name, address and telephone number aren't you afraid of repercussions

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A person I know well actually went for this scam.
She is 73 years old, very well off, but a greedy old bag and it's never enough. All she could think about was the cash.
When she went to BOA to bank the cheque from them, the teller recognised it as fake.
The FBI were called in and they threatened to charge her with fraud for trying to cash the fake cheque.
Of course all she kept going on about was the $800 she had already spent and how was she going to get that back.
I think of it as a stupidity tax.
Anyway, the FBI said they have an ongoing investigation and confiscated her computer hard drive and all details relevant to the case and thats the last we heard about it.
Of course she pulled the 'I'm just an innocent old lady' card with the FBI and wasn't charged. Instead she went around bragging to everyone that she knew it was a scam all along (oh please).

Surprisingly enough, two days later a bunch of agents raided her rival store for fake handbags and closed it down. Yes, the world is safe from fake fendis, good job boys.
Anyway, if the FBI and not so Secret Service have been looking into the millions of hoax emails for years how come we're still getting them ALL the time? answered my own question really, that would be assuming that the mission was to protect the public and not just their own interests.

So IF they are watching this board and IF they are that interested maybe they'll contact you.
Oh, thats right,forget it. You're probably on your own,they'll only get involved if it all goes horribly wrong. Of course I hope it doesn't.
Good luck, and good on you mate, you've got a brass pair alright.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
an associate of mine has a client who has sent these clowns tons of cash and even met with them once. My associate told the guy, repeatedly, that it is a scam but some people just won't listen.

I had a client call me about two business opportunities. One was one of these kind of scams, the other was something similar, only it wasn't originating from Nigeria, it was from the states. A guy name Darney Butler or something was his contact. I googled the guy and his arrest record was the first thing I found. I called my client and told him this and he was still going ahead with the deal. He said the guy was on the up and up and he sent him money for a plane ticket to come see him. If you were working a deal that would net you millions of dollars, would you need to ask for plane fare? Anyway, my client opened up an account at his bank and put $25,000 or $50,000 into it and the dude was supposed to start wiring in money. I haven't heard from the client since. I'm guessing he was too humiliated to come see me this year.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Ah yes.

I've always wanted to take up 419 "eating". I signed up for a mentor on their site but I've yet to actually go after one of these scammers yet. Maybe I'll get around to it one of these days. Sounds like a ton of fun.

By the way, if your browsing the 419 eater site, read over the newest one where the guy has to record Hitchhikers Guide for an audio book!

Priceless.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The last time I got one of these, I responded back saying something along the lines of "I have decoded your message with the new secret handbook. To answer your question, the bombs will be detonated in Nigeria by week's end. Praise Allah" and the guy answered back all panicking and saying he was going to report me to the police...It was absolutely hilarious.

And no, the "secret service" or whatever has not contacted me.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
At the moment we have notified them that we were unavailable for about a week.So we have a week to put things together---

We are thinking about having them meet us in manila and to look for a guy in a green JOHN DEER hat. But we won't be in manila we will be in front of our monitor looking at a web cam from the manila airport,and hopefully watching them look for us---we do have his cell# lololol MORON

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DazedDave
The last time I got one of these, I responded back saying something along the lines of "I have decoded your message with the new secret handbook. To answer your question, the bombs will be detonated in Nigeria by week's end. Praise Allah" and the guy answered back all panicking and saying he was going to report me to the police...It was absolutely hilarious.

And no, the "secret service" or whatever has not contacted me.

One can only hope that they did contact him!!

My dear departed Mom-in-law would have loved this......she delighted in tormenting tele-markerters , always telling them some tall tale or trying to get them to buy into what she was 'selling'.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just a word of warning..

I'd be careful too, although it may seem funny to con the con artists there may be a very serious criminal aspect to hese organised gangs. Many people have met with these people and some have been found dead once home addresses and the like have been exchanged.

Just don't give any personal info and never dream of meeting with any of these people.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Anyone who gives out their REAL information is just asking for it as far as I'm concerned.

You've got to use a little common sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Anyone who gives out their REAL information is just asking for it as far as I'm concerned.

You've got to use a little common sense.

Oh definitely. I once watched a programme where a television crew decided to wind up several con artists and met them in Amsterdam (I've since forgotten what programme it was!). It annoyed me how they made a mockery of something which should have been taken very seriously. I just hope to God others have more sence on this matter!

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Just been looking into the 419eaters website.. I've been laughing for 2 hours so far.

Good stuff

419eaters.com

CT

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Heh, you mean people fall for this?

By the way the site is funny

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join