It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planning another Area 51 trip

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleveroneIf this is your attempt at trying to find someone on here who knows a less gaurded entrance to get closer without being detected, then I'd say too late.

I have noted all possible "obvious" entrances to the entire Nellis range, and plan on doing the loop and checking them all out. Obviously there won't be an entrance road they forgot about
but it still will be interesting. Many strange looking areas along the way I have found with Google Earth, that I will be checking out and taking pictures.

My youngest son and I will be camping out on the Groom Lake road, apparently there is a spot there that other people have used. We'll be setup with binoculars, cameras, etc. I even have a wireless video camera with infrared nightvision, that I will setup and record the range overnight.

re: other threads about infiltrating the base. After playing a bit with this cheapass wireless video camera with infrared nightvision - I wonder how far it would get attached to a remote controlled tank, just drive it down the road, over the hill, past the gates... how long before someone noticed and crushed it

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Infrared NV doesn't really do much. It has a very limited range. I have gen 2 Soviet era NV. I pulled the IR off it. Check out the bottom of this page:
www.lazygranch.com...

Most planes in the range will have an IR marker for safety.

If you camp near a little used border crossing, you will get a camo dude nanny. Either they will park near you and watch, or set up a camera to watch you. The dudes need to get your license plate number for their logs. I camped out once at what turned out to be one of the dude's spots. My truck was hidden by a tree, so the dudes got really close before they spotted me and had to quickly retreat. As soon as I was moving in the morning, they showed up and waited for me to drive by so they could get my plate.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oh boy guess you didnt read my post people ATV's/Quads/Dirt Bikes are all heavily scrutinized on GLR and The North Gate back road due to me and my buddies screwing around out there numerous times throughout the years...

I honestly think its because once you go cross country the Cammo Dudes have noway of going after you they simply cant get to places a dirt bike can...

If you do decide to push it on a dirt bike ect #1-You will be met at the GLR boarder by at 2 or 3 security vehicles at which point they will chase you halfway back to 375 #2-If you decide to ditch cross country they will call out the Black hawks to patrol the boarder #3 Once you get back out on the Highway more than not the Sheriff will have already been notified and will be waiting for you to give you a fat ticket for trespassing supposedly the public land surrounding the facility is ranch land the fine for trespassing is usually 735 after a court appearance...

If you have the balls and no brains many of the gates on some of the back roads west out of Rachel are not not manned and a few stand wide open due to vandals but I can be sure that if you decide to screw around out there you are screwing around with Military Police then cause at this point you are on U.S.A.F Property and there are numerous low flying jets out there on any given day that will report you...

If youve never had an encounter with M.P.'s they are not nice and a 100 dollar fine for under a ounce of marijuana cost me close to 4,500 for getting pulled over on the Presidio in Frisco years ago when it was still an active base whatever you do do not get caught by M.P.'s they have authorization to shoot on contact where as the Cammo Dudes are trained to avoid contact and confrontation with the general public...

Even though the Cammo Dudes are authorized to carry weapons I honestly do not think they are authorized to use Lethal Force unless you yourself also have a weapon and draw on them the weapons are more for effect and detainment of trespassers...

Also one last tidbit for you daredevils to think about screwing with the Cammo Dudes is a local law enforcement issue that can carry up to a 5000 dollar fine and a misdermenor trespassing charge screwing around with Base M.P.'s can get you a Federal trespassing charge and up to 10 years in Federal Prison...

On that my friends I hope to see many of you out there very soon doing the same thing we do at best its a rush my son will be joining us on his first ride out there in November Im sure the Cammo Dudes will be pleased to see 4 riding up now....

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Lets get some m4's with high powered scopes with alot of ammo, and 2 flashlights with extra batteries, and Ill go with you. *Edit* I meant to say ill go with you and not after you lol.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by jca2005]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Ha, try maybe three or four AC-130s...and then I would only feel really comfortable flying at treetop level at night.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by jca2005

Ha, try maybe three or four AC-130s...and then I would only feel really comfortable flying at treetop level at night.

Could use those to!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by INTERNETENEMY
..due to me and my buddies screwing around out there numerous times throughout the years...

Gee, thanks for that.

On that my friends I hope to see many of you out there very soon doing the same thing we do at best its a rush my son will be joining us on his first ride out there in November Im sure the Cammo Dudes will be pleased to see 4 riding up now....

It appears you still go out there and ride from this statement. Since you have the experience, maybe you could give the rest of us some tips. Surely you can ride somewhere near the border area, on public land, without getting into the trouble you described? The last thing I want is to get fined or imprisoned due to "innocent" mistakes.

FYI - I wasn't able to make the trip I described in my first post. I managed to get a bad case of bronchitis a few days before we were to leave. We are now planning a trip at the end of March 2008.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join