It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Ceremonies! Masonry: Behind Closed Doors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Colloneh7

"What kind of religion is it? (They don't like that question) "

I think I asked that question before and it was ignored. Interesting.....

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Appak

What is the Golden Dawn Appak?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
What is the Golden Dawn Appak?

Official web-site here:

www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

It's quite explanatory.

While the organization draws some of its symbolism from Masonry, and certainly there are some members who are also Masons, there is not official "connection" per se. In other words, it's not a "Masonic" organization. It is similar in some aspects and vastly different in others.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

While the organization draws some of its symbolism from Masonry, and certainly there are some members who are also Masons, there is not official "connection" per se. In other words, it's not a "Masonic" organization. It is similar in some aspects and vastly different in others.

Interestingly, when the G.'.D.'. was formed in London in the late 1800's by members of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England, they adopted the exact same degree system as was used by the SRIA (and SRICF), but the actual degree ceremonies are different (even though they use the same titles for them).

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Interestingly, when the G.'.D.'. was formed in London in the late 1800's by members of the Masonic Rosicrucian Society of England, they adopted the exact same degree system as was used by the SRIA (and SRICF), but the actual degree ceremonies are different (even though they use the same titles for them).

ML,

That is interesting indeed.

Do you happen to know if they used all 10 Degrees/Grades as the Masonic Rosicrucian system originally was to be?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Do you happen to know if they used all 10 Degrees/Grades as the Masonic Rosicrucian system originally was to be?

Yes. The Order was divided into three sections. The Outer Order consisted of the degrees of Neophyte through Philosophus, with an additional degree of Theoricus. In the G.'.D.'., Neophyte was given as a Zero Degree, while the First was designated Zelator.

There was a sub-degree between the Outer and Inner Orders called the Portal. After the Portal, the degrees of Adeptus Minor, Adeptus Major, and Adeptus Exemptus were conferred by the Inner Order of the RR et AC.

After these, the degrees of Magister Templi, Magus, and Ipsisimus were controlled by the A.'.A.'., which, theoretically, were the Hidden Masters and Mahatmas of Theosophy, the "Great White Brotherhood" being the so-called Ascended Masters.

Aleister Crowley was the first to claim a Grade higher than Adeptus Exemptus, although he eventually recognized several of his students as Magisters Templi.

The rituals used by the G.'.D.'. were eventually published in "The Golden Dawn" by Dr. Israel Regardie and throughout the first volume of Aleister Crowley's "The Equinox" in Crowley's serial "The Temple of Solomon the King".

The G.'.D.'. assigned each grade to the Qabalistic Tree of Life, with both Neophyte and Zelator being assigned to Malkuth, and culminating in the Grade of Ipsisimus corresponding with Kether. Crowley darkly hinted that there were also hidden grades correspomding to the Veils of the Negative above Kether.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ML,

That's very interesting indeed. Many thanks.

I had heard of the "Zero" Grade, etc., but have never gotten deeply involved in reading about the Golden Dawn...in fact I think the only book I have on the subject is "The Secret Rituals of the Golden Dawn" but I've never really never looked at it.

That also explains some books I recently found in my piles and piles of unsorted "stuff" that pertain to "The Great White Brotherhood"

In reading the Masonic Rosicrucian rituals, it became patently obvious that there should be a "X Grade" and later in talking with a friend who's "IX" I found that there had been one at one time.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
LOOK in the video at 1.07hours the masonic bloke gets his Devil horns hand symbol out when confronted. Its like putting exorcising on demons the truth was making the the curruption within his soul stand out. To me if you look at the video the oath descusion is like what the devil would say to get out of a mess he is in. Looking at it from a spiritual point of view thats all and I too strife for bettering one self in life.

[edit on 18-8-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colloneh7
ETA: I would say differently, but the Admin staff at ATS has told me not to. Therefore, I LOVE freemasonry.
[edit on 11-8-2007 by Colloneh7]

I realize that you're banned. However, I find it extremely funny that you'd say something like that. If anything, the mods of this forum have come down VERY hard on several of the Freemasons here, including banning a few of them. I actually took a 2 year break from this forum because of the apparent double standard. Odd that you'd be here complaining of the opposite!

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I think I asked that question before and it was ignored. Interesting.....

Sorry for overlooking your question. It may have been ignored because it is answered almost every week in one thread or another.

1. Freemasonry is not a religion.

2. The founders of Freemasonry did not intend for it to be a religion

3. The initiation ritual (which every Mason must participate in) specifically states to the new candidate that the fraternity shouldn't supplant a man's religious beliefs.

4. If a Mason claims that his religion is Freemasonry, he's missed the point.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74

Originally posted by Colloneh7
ETA: I would say differently, but the Admin staff at ATS has told me not to. Therefore, I LOVE freemasonry.
[edit on 11-8-2007 by Colloneh7]

I realize that you're banned. However, I find it extremely funny that you'd say something like that. If anything, the mods of this forum have come down VERY hard on several of the Freemasons here, including banning a few of them. I actually took a 2 year break from this forum because of the apparent double standard. Odd that you'd be here complaining of the opposite!

Good point JustMe74.

Interestingly in my travels through Kentucky I met one member who was banned from this list (whom I'd LOVE to see back here because of his contributions). Also, it's ironic to me that in one of my posts I told Colloneh7 that he..."wouldn't last long" here. Funny that I was rigth. Too bad for him and those like him. It's really too bad that so many members find it impossible to DISCUSS, rather than ARGUE or INSULT.

Oh well, maybe some day.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Another sect worth a look..

OTO=Orto Templi Orientis

Ive seen many documentaries on this speciffic group. Look it up guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
Another sect worth a look..

OTO=Orto Templi Orientis

Ive seen many documentaries on this speciffic group. Look it up guys.

OTO has actually been discussed here at length. I am a former Associate Member of OTO, and Cug was looking in to becoming a member of OTO a while back (not sure if he did, you'll have to ask him).

OTO has become highly controversial in the occult community. For those interested in learning more, the US Grand Lodge of the OTO has a website here. The US Grand Master, Frater Sabazius, has a page here.

John L. Crow, a former member of OTO, was recently expelled from that Order due, in part, to his podcasts, which are often critical of OTO leadership. John's podcasts, called Thelema Coast To Coast, can be heard here. These are great shows, and I recommend them highly.

John's LJ is located here.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Everyone of you talking about what goes on and revelaing the secrets of the 3 degrees are all guilty of breaking your obligation where you swore not to reveal the secrets of Freemasonry.

Master Mason - 3rd Degree

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Masonry IS NOT a religion and it certainly IS NOT my religion. Anyone who thinks it is is sadly mistaken and has missed the point of FreeMasonry

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Level_Head]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Everyone of you talking about what goes on and revelaing the secrets of the 3 degrees are all guilty of breaking your obligation where you swore not to reveal the secrets of Freemasonry.

Master Mason - 3rd Degree

The "secrets" of freemasonry are simply the signs, words, and tokens. No mason has revealed those that I see here. However, the oath to keep those things secret is NOT because they are really secret - they have been in print for a few hundred years and online since the 1990s. The point is not that these things are really secret, but rather that the mason is a man of his word and will nevertheless not discuss or reveal them, even though anyone can find them in mere minutes.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey, I'm a new member, and this is my first post on this website. Thought I'd let you know, haha. Anyways, as my user name states, I am a Zoroastrian. If you don't know what it is, google it. I am almost 18, and plan on becoming a Mason when i turn 18. Samuel Chase, a Judge in the earlt post Revolutionary period was one of the Free Masons to sign the Declaration of Independence. My great grandmother was the last Chase on that side of the family, and she turned Catholic. So Free Masonry family ties to my family were severed. it was only recently within the last few years I had ties to FreeMasonry when my father showed me a medallion that had a Chase's name on it, and it was a Free Mason medallion. very old. I thought it was very cool. Also, my next door neighbor is the "Grand Master" at the Lodge in my town. Over the last 4 years I've done A LOT of independent research, and thus I was raised a Lutheran and became Zoroastrian when I was 14 upon discovering my own religious truths. A month after I was confirmed. Oh the irony. Anyways, the purpose of me telling you this is so that you know where i'm coming from. I am very pro-Masonry. Politically I am a Liberitarian, leaning conservative. I've read the whole thread thus far and when Colloneh7 brought up Ron Paul I became even more interested in this whole topic. Anyways, I've read all 4 pages and personally I have some questions for these "Masons" on this site, if in fact they are even Masons. You never know, some people love to pretend, haha. Anyways, I'd love to hear the Masons on this site's take on my religion (Zoroastrianism), if you've ever heard of it before and how it correlates to the origin of the Templars and King Solomons Temple. I'm hoping you have even heard of half the thigns I will bring up. But there is a link between your spiritualism of Masonry and Zoroastrianism. And that is...the Mystery Schools. Schools of mysticism that connect our two religions (dare I say the god damn word). And yes, even though Masonry proffesses it is not a religion, it sure does act like one. Also, on the revelatins topic, what about the theories of revelations being copied off of the missing books of Daniel, and the ancient books of the apocalyse in Hinduism and Zoroastrianism? Hm? I'd like to hear anyone's take on that. If your confused on any of this, let me know, i'll be more specific. I have a lot of opinions on what all of you have already said.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join