It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon to implant microchips in soldier's brains

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You think that's bad:

The Human Assisted Neural Devices (HAND) program at DARPA has provided the basis for a number of assistive devices controlled, in part, by neural signals provided by the user. There is continued interest in discovering the underlying processing structures the brain uses to perform tasks, with the eventual goal of leveraging these processes with algorithms and models that can control external assistive devices. An approach that takes into account the distributed nature of neural functioning, the dynamics of neural plasticity and changes to functional networks, as well as analysis that encompass the wide spatial and temporal scales of neural processing is more appropriately descriptive of the underlying information processes of the brain. Consequently, a new experimental and theoretical paradigm is needed if we are to advance beyond incremental advances in development.

www.fbodaily.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente
Because "monitoring vital signs" is just the official reason - the list of unofficial reasons for implanting those chips to people is quite bigger ..

Absolutely, just like in the movie "Virtuosity" with Denzel Washington. He was released from prison and had a chip put in his brain. If he broke his release agreement or went after anyone, they could release the poison in the capsule through satellite technology that would kill him in 30 seconds. I am pretty sure the chip they put in these soldiers' brains will have some form of "poison pill" as well as GPS tracking.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They're not putting chips IN soldiers' brains.

And no, even if they were, there's no chance of "GPS tracking".

The article is bunk. The actual project is pretty interesting, but I think the idea probably won't fly as is for several reasons.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bassistchris
What i don't get is why it needs to be a micro chip?

Well, to put it simply into reality, know well that Cheney is the real President and it is he, that does the plotting behind the scenes. Cheney just fitted a new battery to his old water-pump and wants everyone to do the same. Read this article about how Cheney operates, like a jackal.

www.mg.co.za.../insight/insight__international/

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So....i wonder if these would be active RFID's that use the hosts current to power them for transmission, or if they would be passive using entry of field to transmit?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
But i think in their case do they even have a choice in the matter?

From what I remember from my military career is, if you decided that you do not want this then you are allowed not to get it, but be prepared to pack your bags and leave. Honestly I don’t think they do have a choice IF it becomes effective. It is a good way to monitor your platoon, but the privacy issue when you’re off work is what interests me. Also how about if and when you decided to leave the service? Do they take it out or are you stuck with it permanently?

As for the whole “once you join the military your inventory” comment yeah I remember stuff being said like that but damn I wouldn’t trade my military memories for anything in the world.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Active RFID uses batteries.

The lactate and glucose sensor they're talking about is wired. They don't have any sort of radio link as of yet, they're still developing the sensor bits.

But it would be nuts to have batteries in it, so most likely it will be passive.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
They have to control (or have the feeling of control) everything down to the single soldier.

The key word here is soldier.

Of course, how many of us would tell the corpsman, "Keep the chip, I'll just bleed to death here on the desert floor 10,000 miles from home."

“We now lose a large percentage of patients to bleeding, and getting vital information such as how much oxygen is in the tissue back to ER physicians and medical personnel can often mean the difference between life and death,” said Guiseppi-Elie. “Our goal is to improve the quality and expediency of care for fallen soldiers and civilian trauma victims.”

rinf.com

They're still another five years away from human trials, so I don't see much reason to get too worked up over this.

[edit on 2007/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If it acts as a processor for info on vital signs then what else could it process? Is it able to read the electronic signals in our brains and interpret them, or is it not connected to any of the nerves and only there to measure pulse, blood pressure, and all that jazz?

What I'm getting at is it really something that could save a soldiers life, or is it more on the line of being able to read peoples mind by learning to interpret electrical patters?

The first thing i saw (in my head) was it being placed in babies after birth, after they take it from the mother they do a secret little surgery and bam, baby under surveillance for life.

though I'm probably just utterly paranoid XD

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Tibris]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
If it acts as a processor for info on vital signs then what else could it process?

Well you never know with new technology, they could advance it without telling the public.

So they could tell people that they are for medical purposes then once most of the population is chipped they announce martial law with curfews, etc and mention that they can actually keep track of the population through the chips!

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
Is it able to read the electronic signals in our brains and interpret them, or is it not connected to any of the nerves?

It's not in the head at all. The drawings show it in the muscle, but to really read some of the blood chemistry they want you'll need to have the thing in a blood vessel. The problem is with it being free-floating, it will plug something up just like a blood clot.

You'll also want to get it out at some point, because the sensor technology they're looking at using is temporary and will eventually stop working when the coatings run out.

So my guess is that it will end up being easier all around to insert it like a gelco on a wire attachment so you can remove it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
So they could tell people that they are for medical purposes then once most of the population is chipped they announce martial law with curfews, etc and mention that they can actually keep track of the population through the chips!

"They" could, could "they"? Do you realize what it would take to chip most of the population? Implicit co-operation from the majority of physicians, for starters. And all the while, the details of this grand plan will have to be kept secret from the public. And all of this, for what purpose? To track everyone's every move? Why?

I won't even address the technical challenges involved, but suffice it to say that just because it can be done in the pages of a comic book do not mean it can be done in real life. In the meantime, may I suggest that you familiarize yourself with the basics of RFID technology. There is plenty of info available out there.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wonder how the chip reacts to electricity or EMP. if a power supply near a soldiers home goes off. then i would this its bye bye soldier.

All our enemies would have to do is blow up every pole in there country and rebuild later. saves on millions spent for war. Don't you think?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
About time, we need to know where our soldiers are, especially when they are captured or wounded. Terrific.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Look guys...anyone got a cell phone? Do you get a bill? WIth yout name on it? They know where you are.

I thought the 'chip' Idea was part of the Land Warrior system and was actually tested by Spec ops? I remember reading it and cannot find a link? Can anyone add to the fact that they are already used but not as brain implants, but under the skin. like a dog fron the SPCA....

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Tom,
You were definitely trying

So this is how Myths get started. This is one of the most confused threads I've ever seen. Only one person who checked the source of the information and most of the posts have nothing to do with the reality. Go figure

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
As " wetware" or biological hardware interfaces become more sophisticated it is only natural that todays military seek to control the fundamental computer the human mind. Rats have all ready proven that stimulating the right and left sides of the brain where the whiskers interface produces a remote control biological rat. Capable of moving through a complex maze via human or computer control. It is not too far fetched to believe that a human version of this chip and technology has been invented and implanted with some success.
The perfect spy with a chip in his head may all ready be moving through Pakistan carrying a payload and an interface to receive and carry out tasks without thought or memory of doing so. A drone of epic proportions.
The military are always the first line of lab rats...the American Public are next..and as goes the military so goes the country.
Can the brain withstand an EMP PULSE..perhaps it can ...Weep for tomorrow
We may be seeing the last frontier of human freedom being slowly whittled away the Neo Luddites among will cast a jaundiced eye and say BLASPHEMY as they always have..but in this case they would be right.. WHY DO WE NEED A CHIP IN THE BRAIN? Because that is where the seat of the soul resides and to control the soul and mind of a man makes any General or politician or scientist who controls the technology a GOD able to remove Opposition and Free will with a keystroke or a buttons push...
The final assault on the ultimate frontier has indeed begun woe is me

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hokay, So think about the movie iRobot and how every single robot had the programming to do evil built into it.(MicroChip in brain!?) No think about the how everyone was told they "Had" to exchange their old robot for a new NS-5 robot because it was better and could do more.(MicroChip in Brain!?) Then think about if today,tommorow, next week, next month....etc the soldiers sworn to protect you and uphold the constitution start kill you without even thinking about(MicroChip in Brain!?) well my friends, I dont know the answer to everything, but I can give a good guess along the way..... Just remember, the next time someone asked you if you want a chip tell them your doctor told you that you cant have one!

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
"i know this isnt real.......yet"

as far as implementing it into service members. they'd pry give it to them on Immunization day. within the first week of basic or so. they give you all the shots you are out of date on and ones you need but have never had. my rear still hurts when i think of the penicilin shot....

then for current members there'd be some date that you'd have to have it by, within like 3 years....(that's what they do with uniforms at least)

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Before I ETSed I had a friend who on the day he ETSed used a knife to cut out his chip. It was close to the surface on his shoulder blade.

That was sixteen years ago. I am certain they are way beyond what would be considered today "old tech". A good look at the technology curve and chemical markers seems to be the next stage. Havn't been in for so long I really can't say much more, but that is my guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join