It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Archive Website/War On Terror Being Called WW III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
For those of you who were always wanting to dig through old stories online, I found this site to the Internet Archive. I thought I'd share it with ATS. While it didn't help Me this particular time, since it takes them a while to update stuff, it may help someone else, so I'm pasing it on.

Internet Archive

I was attempting to find the Yahoo News story from this link :

Bush Calls War On Terror Equivalent To World War III

The Yahoo News story was yanked down due to being expired and I had forgotten to copy and paste the whole story so that I could read it again later. While the link doesn't work, I will say this about it so that you may attempt to find it on the Internet elsewhere if you want.

This news story was a whammy. It started out from a family member of someone who went down on Flight 93 in the Pennsylvannia field that was on the way supposedly to the White House. This person was stating how it was about time that the American people finally took the initiative to strike back at the terrorist's, in the War on Terror, which is equivalent to World War III.

What's unique about this story besides that it linked the War on Terror with World War III, was that within the same exact news story, within the same border between designation differentiating different stories, there was a quote from George W Bush, in essence backing up that extremely bold statement from this not so average citizen, someone who was directly affected by the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center Towers, the Pentagon, and the supposed and attempted attack on the White House.

I say supposed and attempted, because we all know the plane didn't actually hit the White House, since George W Bush has been publicly speaking out against terrorists since September 11th of 2001.

It sure seemed to me, that the White House was trying to not call the War on Terror a third World War, but to have a citizen do it, so that deniabilty was there by an indirect backing up of the citizen by George W Bush.

This is an interesting way for "the public" to be backed up by our government, without a direct quote from George W Bush.

This in essence to Me is like you, John Q Public being a little boy standing up to a rather large bully and your "Big Brother" walking up behind you and you not seemingly knowing it and the bully is supposed to run away.

Interesting. Wouldn't you say so?

[edit on 30-7-2007 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone had read the original Yahoo News Story I was talking about here. Anyone else find it or readt it? Let Me know.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I did this thread last year, about this time. The news link has since expired, but the fact that it tells you it's expired and it is not an "Error 404" message, states it was legitimate as a news source, at one time.

Anyone know how to track an Internet Archive story?

join