It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bomb in the WTC basement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
in 1993 there was a bomb in the basement of the WTC that..."If the van had been parked a few feet closer to one of the pillars," writes James Bovard, a policy analyst for The Future of Freedom Foundation, "it could have collapsed an entire tower of the Trade Center, killing tens of thousands."
www.pointoflaw.com...

the point here of Ramzi Yousef was to literally topple one tower into another....he was not caught until 2 years later when he set his house on fire on accident, while making bombs...."to blow up eleven U.S. commercial aircraft in one spectacular day of terrorist rage. The bombs were to be made of a liquid explosive designed to pass through airport metal detectors. But while mixing his chemical brew in a Manila apartment, Yousef started a fire. He was forced to flee, leaving behind a computer that contained the information that led to his arrest a month later in Pakistan"
www.fas.org...

fast forward 8 years....4 planes are hijacked and crashed one of which was reported to have a bomb...

with one person reporting that seconds before the first plane hit there was an explosion in the basement...."While checking in at an office on sub-level one, he heard and felt, along with 20 others, a massive explosion — from below. Seconds later, he heard another--from above (Flight 11).
en.wikipedia.org...

very few people bring up the 1993 attacks.....so i'm just putting it out there as a possibility that, terrorists knew that a car bomb alone would not take out the buildings....but what about a one two punch?...hit it from below...then above?

you could have a remote detonation when you have visual confirmation of the inbound flight....or even one inside one outside in constant radio contact...

firefighter lt. B. becker..

about halfway down page 15

We saw an arrest being made of some Arab-looking type
guy. I think he had a blue uniform type World Trade
Center type maintenance type person. It was my
impression. It didn't seem important to me. It seemed
like he was being arrested by a Port Authority type
policeman. That's my impression. I remember them
putting cuffs on him, and I remember one of the firemen
saying, "Look, they're arresting the guy," and I said,
"Never mind that. Never mind that."

just throwing that out there...

EDIT:it was to add the testimony of the firefighter....

[edit on 23-7-2007 by wenfieldsecret]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's a possibility, but if it was the case then why is the government hiding so much?

I think if the US gov had nothing to do with the attacks then they would have done a proper investigation.

Also a bomb in the basement still doesn't explain the way the towers collapsed.
Just a bomb in the basement would not take out individual floors, pulverizing the concrete and allowing them to collapse with no resistance.
It also doesn't explain the expulsion of the outer structure. Huge pieces weighing tons were thrown laterally up to 600ft.
The building was reduced to steel and dust, it takes a lot of energy to do that.
A bomb in the basement alone wouldn't do it imo. There had to be something taking out the individual floors to allow them to completely collapse to their foundations with no resistance or slowing of the collapse.

What about building 7? An obvious conventional demolition...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
So, you're admiting to explosions. Thats step one. Now, in addition to getting past airport security and hijacking 4 planes. You want us to belive that they also able to get past the WTC security with a huge bomb? All within an hour or so? Then setting it off remotey within seconds of impact. This sure sounds like the work of terrorists.

So lets just say that this is possible... just for a second. The fact that they could pull off such a coridinated stunt. Arent you totally pissed off to the fact that we spend billions of dollars in defence and inteligence but we cant stop a few terriorsts. I mean what if we had an enemy that had actual firepower and actual military trained solders. Wouldnt you be worried about how we can defend ourselfs?

But lets not bring up the fact that the 1993 bombing also has ties back to our goverment.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
see...i think the government was involved...but not to the extent of planning everything....even if it was just one agency, as is the case of the '93 bombing.....the fbi had an informant...he was supposed to mix a powder that would make the bomb a dud...and the fbi was supposed to bust the group when they planted the bomb....but for some reason....that powder was never added....and the people got to set it off...they were going to arrest the informant...but he busted out tapes...he had recorded every conversation he had with either side....

i read an article earlier this week that talks about the possibility of the terrorists having possible connections with the ground crews...and having them put the weapons and needed items on the jet.....but i dont remember what i was searching for when i stumbled across it....and i cant find it looking for it directly.....

and the easiest way to win a fight is thru gorrila warfare....the american revolution....we pulled outta viet nam because we couldnt handle it...the philipines....current war on terrorism....

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
[quotee]So lets just say that this is possible... just for a second. The fact that they could pull off such a coridinated stunt. Arent you totally pissed off to the fact that we spend billions of dollars in defence and inteligence but we cant stop a few terriorsts. I mean what if we had an enemy that had actual firepower and actual military trained solders. Wouldnt you be worried about how we can defend ourselfs?[/quotee]

Can i state that i am still divided on the 9/11 conspiracy idea, but like most people here believe that the whole truth has not been made available.

I was just about to post quoting nearly the same idea as the OP, but rather than being planned to be simultaneous, the basement bombs were a contigency plan incase the hijacking went wrong and they were set off for greater effect.

As for the quote, maybe the only coverup that the US goverment is guilty of is the fact that they failed. With all the manpower and technology available to them, a group of 3rd world goat herders managed to hijack 4 planes, smuggle high explosive's under both towers and bring down two of the symbols of Western power?
I feel that they did know something but failed to act on it. I don't think that any Goverment would admit to failings of that magnitude.

As for WTC7 i believe that was an intentional demolition due to the fact that 1&2 had fallen, that was a way to wipe out the Enron fraud evidence plus others as discussed in another thread, despicable though the act was (no fatalities or injuries as far as i know, please correct me) Kudos to the decision maker for timing.
``````````````````````````````
Changed 'code' tags for 'quote' tags

[edit on 26/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by aquarius3733
I mean what if we had an enemy that had actual firepower and actual military trained solders. Wouldnt you be worried about how we can defend ourselfs?

Like China? If China were to invade, we'd be speaking Chinese and eating Peaking duck for dinner.

But lets not bring up the fact that the 1993 bombing also has ties back to our goverment.

Especially since it has been proven. He taped the phone conversations with his handlers. I wish they'd release those tapes though and we could really see how corrupt our intelegence agencies are.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
it twas the fbi that dropped the ball here....they didnt share info...(just like 9-11...i believe one of the intel agencies are CYAing)....because if they had saved the world and stopped the the bomb...they woulda got booku bucks....(major funding)....but had they shared and the CIA or NSA had stopped it...they'd recieve the funding....if the FBI got any money it'd be very little...and since they failed they can share the blame that the others didnt step up to the plate...

could 9-11 have been preventd...IMO no....could the extent of the damage and death have been greatly reduced....IMO if people didnt care about the money....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
To give you more ammo for your theory. Have you come across this yet?

Who signed Sakher Hammad's WTC basement level pass?

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A general question re: the '93 bomb--just what was it? Anyone have any solid links about what went off down there? I've seen some photos, that thing took out a huge amount of the floor it was detonated on, but the columns were intact.

There's also the theory that whatever the FBI supplied was not what went off, something else was planted and piggybacked, a la OKC & 9/11--the "terror daisy chain."

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Yousef was assisted by Iraqi bomb maker Abdul Rahman Yasin [1] . Yasin's complex 1310 lb (600 kg) bomb was made of urea pellets, nitroglycerin, sulfuric acid, aluminum azide, magnesium azide, and bottled hydrogen. He added sodium cyanide to the mix as the vapors could go through the ventilation shafts and elevators of the towers.

The Ryder van used in the bombing had 295 ft³ (8.3 m³) of space, which would hold up to a ton (907 kg) of explosives. However, the van was not filled to capacity. Yousef used four 20 ft (6 m) long fuses, all covered in surgical tubing. Yasin calculated that the fuse would trigger the bomb in twelve minutes after he had used a cigarette lighter to light the fuse.

Yousef wanted the smoke to remain in the tower, therefore catching the public eye by smothering people inside, killing them slowly. He anticipated Tower One collapsing onto Tower Two after the blast. The materials to build the bomb cost approximately US$129[citation needed].

that is the bomb.....now the fbi "powder" was to be added by the egyptian informant...however....a dispute took place between salem and an unnamed supervisor...and the powder was never recieved...(the powder was supposedly going to make the entire bomb a dud...but be presented as a super explosive material)

griff thanks for that link....while no smoking gun....it is extremely valuable towards this specific theory.....

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Bought the tanks of hydrogen right down RT 46 from me at AGL in
Clifton NJ. Know several people worked there and were interviewed and
testified at trial of the bombers. Also one of the bombers worked for
Allied Signal in Morristown, woman friend was paralegal there. Told me
how FBI showed up and "perp walked" him out of building. No need for
mythical "FBI powder". Bombers had everything necessary to create
bomb with common materials. Yousef added cyanide to the bomb in hope
fumes would poison everyone in building.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Salem, initially believing that this was to be a sting operation, claimed that the FBI's original plan was for Salem to supply the conspirators with a harmless powder instead of actual explosive to build their bomb, but that the FBI chose to use him for other purposes instead. [10] He secretly recorded hundreds of hours of telephone conversations with his FBI handlers; reported by Ralph Blumenthal in the New York Times, Oct. 28, 1993, section A,Page 1.[11]

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

The informer was to have helped the plotters build the bomb and supply the fake powder, but the plan was called off by an F.B.I. supervisor who had other ideas about how the informer, Emad Salem, should be used, the informer said.

more?...google fbi was to supply powder for the bomb...

and incase this is a misunderstanding....the "FBI powder" was supposed to be a dud....however it never happened....it was an idea that was going to be pitched to yousef as a super explosive....

top topics

join