It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spanish royal sex cartoon banned

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Spanish royal sex cartoon banned

news.bbc.co.uk

Spain's High Court has ordered the seizure of all copies of a magazine that carried a cartoon of Crown Prince Felipe and his wife having sex.

The cartoon on the front page of the weekly satirical magazine El Jueves depicted Prince Felipe saying sex was the closest he would come to working.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.euronews.net

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
After all the talking, writing and menacing regarding the banning of the infamous Muhammad cartoons, I wonder why I haven't seen any reactions to this new banning of a cartoon...

I understand the reason behind the judge's decision, as I understood the idea behind the banning of the Muhammad cartoons, our liberties must stop where the rights of other people start.

I even understand the order to apprehend all magazines.

What I don't understand is the order to shut down the "El Jueves" web site, I think that is going a little too far in a democratic country.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

SR

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well the admin could of pulled the site down himself as the first thing people are going to do after reading the story is go to the website to see the cartoon so the levels of oncoming traffic 'may' have caused it to crash anyway.

If not it's quite common for sites to receive desist orders these days if they don't adhere to the rules that seem to be slowly eroding the freedom of the internet as time goes by and more are made.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
People need a sense of humor. Toob ad they dont have any.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just going through all the trouble of trying to get all those magizines back says a lot.
There must be some truth there or it wouldnt be such a bother.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I've heard from numerous sources that modern Spain is...well at least by new world standards, extremely perverse; sexually that is.

Thats what my friend from Chile says. ._.;

But, well, I'd imagine why mocking royalty would cause such a fuss.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The last (?) phase of this case was reached today, when the judge decided that the cartoonists "had vilified the crown in the most gratuitous and unnecessary way" and condemned them to a 3000 Euro fine each.

Source

top topics

join