It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Gundam/Transformers be real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I enjoy transformers very much, I have since I was a kid, I grew up on it. I saw the new movie, I loved it. But it did get my ATS gears turning.

What would be the possiblility of transformers/gundam being real? Now the two are completely different as one is alien, and one is human piloted. However, with all the alien technology out there potentially, and all of the talk of greys/reptillians, etc., I think it could be very likely that their crafts work much like transformers, not necessarily changing into talking robots, but independantly changing shape to suit their environment. There have been numerous reports of alien sightings changing shape, could this be a result of the "pilot"?, or could it be completely independantly controlled drones?

Maybe I'm going into more of a RoboTech direction here, but what are the possibilities of alien tech having a mind of it's own, or directly controlled by the thoughts of said beings? I don't think it's too far fetched mainly because most of the things we have "imagined" in our futuristic movies has either come true, or is well on it's way.

I would think that if we are able to create AI smart enough to walk, recognize objects, and transform into a small car, then someone/something has to be centuries ahead of us. (Thanks to the Japanese)

On a second note, could our own government be using this tech to create a mobile battle suit? Private citizens have already tried to do it, so somewhere the Japanese has had to try it, and our government had to have tried it sometime. I don't know the feasability of it, knowing full well that the cost would probably out weight the usefullness said "suits" since we are still bickering aroud with each other only here on the surface.

So I guess I've diverged into a few different areas, mostly the possibilty of alien crafts being self-transforming independant AI, and our governments ability to manufacture this same kind of tech, or one that could be human controlled.

King.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've always wondered about this, and think that sometime in the future it only seems logical.

I'd say more in the form of gundam than transformers.

They really coudln't be that hard to make. I'd say they'd be very effective once we sort out how to integrate ourselves with machines properly, as they do in gundam ( Just sit in the seat and it reads the thoughts/motions )

I dont think a control stick airplane type setup would be that fluid and useful for combat. Well it would be okay I guess, but more prone to error.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Definetly, It would have to be a mind controlled machine, as a stick would still rely on human relfex, which is still based on muscle control and concentration, wheras the mind is instantanious, and can be trained to respond to things accordingly in a much faster way.

What do you think about the possibility of Current alien craft having this kind of telepathic link or smart shape-shifting ability?

My best example would be an old 80's movie "Flight of the Navigator"
It changes shape based on it's speed requirements and special abilities, I.E. Time travel. This same priciple could be applied to other alien craft traveling countless light years to reach our little dirtwad.

But do you think these ships could/would be capable of intelligent self-shifting? Maybe completely "un-manned"?

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well who knows if aliens even have invented A.I right. But if they have it would definately be more advanced then ours. A.I now adays is even getting pretty real its almost scary.They could probably easily program intelligence into a craft and have it man itself and if it could think on its own it could very easily change it self accordingly.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't have the links.

I have read some articles on others sites and ATS about materials that can act like muscles, they respond to charges, to expand and contrast. The original problem with designing biped mechs/gundams, was that the legs ended up too heavy and complicated from trying to mimic human legs, using servos and motors. With these new materials, the problem is pretty much solved.

With the rate of technological advancement in AI, CPUs(note the new prototype 100Ghz CPU), digital cameras/recorders and image recognizing software, it will be very soon that we humans could create effective stand alone AI for scouting and battle.

If we are about to obtain this level of tech with in a few decades, I am sure the advanced ETs had it for a while.

With nano technology, I can easy see self resembling micro sized pieces making up whole shift changing structures. It my not end up as clean as the transformers in the movies, but it may be practical enough.

The only problem really remaining is a power source, would need a light device able to meet the power demands of such products and able to send the power through these systems effectively. Humans would need to get more advancements done in this area first(as far as I know). ETs probably already have this one solved too.

Really it is just a matter of time.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by halfmask]

[edit on 18-7-2007 by halfmask]

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just don't and have never gotten what would be the advantage of a giant bipedal machine. I think a spider-like design would be a better solution.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
no, i don't think there is the slightest chance, sorry.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
I just don't and have never gotten what would be the advantage of a giant bipedal machine. I think a spider-like design would be a better solution.

On earth you are right, a spider design would be better. This is actually mentioned in the gundam series. In gundam seed, some of the characters comment that a bokua (spelling pending, is a for legged mech with tracks/wheels for feet) is better then a mobile suit (gundam) on the ground. The actual application of a biped mech/gundam is in space. In space, in order to stay on the surface of large artificial bodies and space craft/stations, they need magnets or clamps. Having these clamps on a biped is theorized to be very effective, picks up one leg unclamped, puts in down, clamps, unclamps the other leg, lifts it up and so on. This is also shown in the alien movie series, note the construction suit Ridely uses. A spider design might work for this too but, it would take/cost more to build multiple legs over two(maybe).

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This might be a little off topic but as to the matrrials that could be used for these type of machines check out what they are doing herenano armor

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sorry, wrong link. Try this
nano body armor

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm getting a dead link for that nano armor, Sounds like a fantastic idea though. Nanobite mind controlled armor. Now if that could be applied to a ship of our own, think of the possibilites of the craft we could design. I wonder if you could go faster just by thinking it--ala "matrix style"

Maybe allow for inter-galactic flight? Speed of light travel? Not necessarily combat driven (as I'm sure most will be)

The only problem I forsee is the restriction of the human body. Maybe some kind of magnetic force field nullifying G force?

*Edited for clarity*

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Kingalbrect79]

top topics

join