It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Videos: Posting Guidelines **Read before Posting**

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
YouTube has become a popular – and growing – source for Bigfoot clips, aptly dubbed “Tubesquash”. This has its positive sides, and negative sides.

The positive side is that people can upload their Bigfoot clips anonymously because they don’t want to be ridiculed by doing so publicly. It is a great source for clips we wouldn’t have seen otherwise, or at least not without great effort.

The bad side is that the quality of YouTube videos is horrible. And many of the clips are recorded with cellphones so by the time we get to see them, we can’t see anything, so to speak. And hoaxers have Carte Blanche, of course.

We get at least one YouTube Bigfoot a week, and more than often these threads are called “Another Youtube Bigfoot”, “Yet Another YouTube Bigfoot” and so on. Which makes it a bit difficult to refer back to these videos after a month or two – because there are no usable key words in these titles or even the rest of the threads. Thus a posting convention would be in order. When posting a YouTube Bigfoot video (or even other material of sorts) use sighting specific detail in the title. Date and location would be a great start, for example:
YouTube Bigfoot video: 1/2/2012 – London, England

If neither of these two details is available the video clip looses credibility and usability. You can still be a bit creative like giving the sighting a name. We all know the “Patterson-Gimlin Footage”, but very few people know the date and location the film was made. Thus if a Bigfoot video was posted by Peter Pan, you can always call it the “Peter Pan Bigfoot Footage”. There is no reason to call it “Another blurry Bigfoot behind a tree video”. If we can use these guidelines, referring back to threads after a couple of months, would be much easier.

[edit on 15-7-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Very good idea Gemwolf, perhaps this should be implemented in the alien UFO forum as well.I've seen so many orb vids I can't keep them straight.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I can't get any YouTube videos to actually work in my posts, I have tried every combination of vid # I can see. verything from the last backslah on to just what comes after the equals signnone of them work. I just posta HTML link to the YouTube video currently. But this is great information for posting any video I would think as I assume all would start to be linked back to and we could have the same problems on the other services.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Cheers

I have run across this many times when trying to refer back to a vid that has been posted.

As I suggested ealier on another thread, having an originating date would even be a plus.

(ps. is the 'PeterPan Bigfoot Video' on YouTube right now?)

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
since i am new to this ats thing could someone please tell me what i have to do to post a link with like the pics and articles
. your help is most appreciated

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You can embed videos, you can show .jpgs and standard graphic files, and you can post links to articles.

To show a picture, get an account at a free image site like photobucket, then paste in the image tagged link.

To embed videos, click the google or youtube buttons.

To link to articles paste the URL from your location bar.

Hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'm tryin to post a youtube video (i rarely do and it seems there is an error with the pre-made tags developed by ats webmasters

example:

1) Correct link coming from youtube:
h.t.t.p://3w.youtube.com/watch?v=AuDEEkL9YMU

2) Expected value in between [yvid] value [*yvid] tags :
AuDEEkL9YMU

RESULT:
Nothing >>> error

But that doesn't work (here)

[edit on 29-8-2007 by themaster1]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Themaster1, let's try it...

*** Tried YouTube Video here ***

You're quite right. Not working... I'll alert the powers that be.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
friggin SWEET!!!! I figured it out

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Hey, to embed a YouTube! video you have to go to the "more share options" on the youtube screen and copy everything after the = sign...

Then in your post, you have to click the "Add Youtube Video" button which pulls down a box. That's where you paste the copied info and it SHOULD embed the video.

I only learned this a week ago, or so and I haven't had a problem with it yet.
Hope this helps.

HAHA I see others beat me to it. Disregard.

Disregard the video... Just checking it on my end. Seems to still work.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I guess that in an effort to be on topic with this thread, I should tell the author that I flagged his efforts.

I think that is a good idea for YouTube! videos across the board.
S&F

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm just testing how to embed video.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Oatmeal]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

This group of youtube researchers are finding important evidence and have formed an organization. Don't be so quick to dismiss what is being done in the field by dedicated people.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Tampa Tim]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Testing!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

test

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hi I'm testing Youtube embedment.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by 7minds]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM