It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has heard this one before?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls

Originally posted by zysin5
Yes I have heard this from many sources.. David Icke with his interveiw with Credo Mutwa said that many of the charaters from starwars are infact real..

Is there any chance you could find a reference (like a transcript of the interview) for this. I have some problems with some of David's ideas, and this just really does sound like things going a little too far.

Here you go, this is the best source I could find other than the video which I will look into later to get the link..
Now understand when this post first came up, I thought the OP meant that the aliens where based on real aliens, not real aliens in the movie..
I will say 99.99% Lucas didnt use real aliens, unless your talking about the humans he hired for the parts, in essence we are aliens also, but only to other life..

Here is what I found today about Darthmaul charater...

A South Africa Zulu Shaman by the name of Credo Mutwa says some of the Reptilians look like "Darth Maul" in the movie "Phantom Menace" Hear 3 hour 14-Oct-99 radio show about what the Reptilians look like, go to: www.broadcast.com...

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And not to go off subject but David Icke sure has been labled as a nutter..
But if you check out was he right, you might change your mind a little bit.
And the whole shape shifting thing, those who know how to read between the lines, know not to take him litterally on this.. Its a metaphore!!
And he cant come right out and say its a metaphore, becasue he then treads in murky waters, that could be dangerous.. So he gets the message out, while keeping him and his family safe, and just labed a nutter or rubbish.. Dont take the reptile part litterally!!! Metaphore!!

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Sounds like a fun concept - but I can't take it seriously, no matter how hard I try...

The problem I have with this is that the costumes used by the aliens in the first Star Wars installments particularly, were actually pretty shabby. If you look close you can see lots of foam rubber, excessive make-up, and accessories that are obvious props and accoutrements.

Those that may remember early sci-fi movies and shows (like Lost in Space, Outer Limits, etc.) can recall the terrible costumes of aliens with chunks of firehose and coiled wire hanging of ill-fitting robes, etc.

Sci-fi alien depiction in the media goes through an evolution of sorts and Star Wars is no exception. The six movies gradually removed some of the blue bulbous noses, "pizza-the-hut" drool, and other embellishments and replaced them with floppy ears, "cuter" appendages, and more 'standard' alien appearances.

IMO Spielberg tried to get the closest in CE3, and some speculate he was influenced more directly and 'intimately' than Lucas could ever hope to be.

Anyway - like Barney, the teletubbies, BigBird or any number of other fictional characters designed by humans to entertain other humans, I believe the Star Wars characters will ultimately resemble aliens very little if at all (except for maybe the Kaminoans) Of course, I have nothing to back that up except my gut feeling, but that's just what I think. You don't have to share that view but these guys just don't do it for me:

Now --which one is real again??

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In regards to the producer of The Philadelphia Experiment movie, an even greater curiosity abounds. According to the official scribe for the Montauk investigation, Peter Moon, the actor Mark Hamill--who played Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars Trilogy--is the actual producer of the film, though he chooses to keep this fact hidden from the public. It has been hinted at by Moon that a gentleman named Mark Knight (aka Mark Hamill) was a childhood friend of Montauk experiencer Preston Nichols, and that Hamill was instrumental in securing work for Nichols as a sound engineer on The Empire Strikes Back. It should also be noted that Hamill's father was an officer with Naval Intelligence, an agency long rumored to be mired in mind control conspiracies and assorted covert operations, one of which was, allegedly, the Montauk Project. Furthermore, Moon contends that Mark Hamill worked at Montauk during its halcyon days of time travel shenanigans and mind control meddlings.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow Outrageo, that pic montage was cool! Forgotten how good some of the star wars creations were.

The first trilogy has to be THE best sci fi story/action film(s) (TESB is my fav) of all time.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The only real alien in the star wars trilogy was the blue elephant looking alien (Max Rebo)

www.clubdesmonstres.com...

[edit on 13-7-2007 by enrage]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Here is what I found today about Darthmaul charater...

That's the only mention of it I can recall... I think it was actually during a Rense.com interview with Mutwa....and it wasn't just similar, he claimed it was exact....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
As for alien species reported in our real world being in Star Wars, there are some reptilian species, reports Wookiepedia -- namely the Trandoshan and the Barabel. In episode V or VI there is a glimpse of one particular bounty hunter -- the Trandoshan Bossk -- who I noticed with a bit of interest after I had read about reptilian aliens on the Internet.

Optimist

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh - I thought you meant that you thought there were actual aliens playing the parts of their characters in the movie(s). Do you mean instead that one or more of the fictional characters were MODELED after actual aliens?

In that case, as I indicated previously, my vote goes to the Kiminoans, e.g. :

(though I still-think the costumes, make-up, and accoutrements are still overdone... (but that's Hollywood - lots of bling, eh Paris?)

[edit-fix link]

[edit on 7/13/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
To further point out about Spielberg and his extensive knowledge or possible exposure to similar facts based in his movie CE3, remember, Steven and George are the best of friends. So, it would be safe to say that if one was exposed to such facts, so would the other, since they are both very powerful people in the industry. Again, all speculative

It any of it was true, I would be more inclined to believe the fact that they were based on real aliens and not that they were actual participants..

Either way, great fun to think about it..

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Speilberg mention is an interesting connection. His first movie was based on the Battle of LA incident, then there is his fascination with ET related movies, both in a good and villain light... Still though, even if Lucas is a virtual alien authority...the chances of an actual alien being in the movie are (pardon the pun) infinitely astronomical....

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think when you used as much variety of species design as George Lucas did, you're bound to luck out and get something close to something that would actually exist.

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
As both a conspiracy fan and a HUGE star wars fan, I can tell you I have never heard this rumor, nor think it to be true.
Doest mean to you can continue to search, however.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
When you say real, do you mean real in the movie? or that the characters are based on real aliens out there?

I mean real aliens in the movie.

[edit on 12-7-2007 by Frankenchrist]

Can I please see their SAG (Screen Actor's Guild) cards? I sure hope they are being paid normal SAG wages and aren't getting paid as poorly as illegal aliens do.
But if they don't have their visas then I guess they would be illegal aliens. Maybe we should check the strawberry fields for traces of any extra-terrestrial carcases.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This has been a really interesting thread, thank you for all your info on the subject. Like I said before, this was just an article that I had read about 20 years ago. I cant even remember where I read it from. I myself do not think that there where any real aliens in the movie..... but if people think that George Bush is a reptillian then anything is possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This has been a really interesting thread, thank you for all your info on the subject. Like I said before, this was just an article that I had read about 20 years ago. I cant even remember where I read it from. I myself do not think that there where any real aliens in the movie..... but if people think that George Bush is a reptillian then anything is possible.

I think a possible theory is that the costumes are BASED off of real aliens, whether intentional or not.

Real aliens as the actors? Please...

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yeah right.

I think my mate went out with Jabba The Hutt, well she looked like him

Of all the reasons for visiting planet Earth I must confess I never suspected that wanting to act in movies was one.

I can see the Oscar acceptance speech...

"I would like to thank Emperor Thrag of Planet Anthrax and David Icke. With special thanks to our Reptilian Brothers George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld!!! Oh and how I can I forget Elvis for giving me the idea"

Yeah sure its true. We are really existing in the Matrix, Schwarzenegger really did fight that Predator in South America and "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was actually a documentary

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god
Yeah right.

I think my mate went out with Jabba The Hutt, well she looked like him

Of all the reasons for visiting planet Earth I must confess I never suspected that wanting to act in movies was one.

I can see the Oscar acceptance speech...

"I would like to thank Emperor Thrag of Planet Anthrax and David Icke. With special thanks to our Reptilian Brothers George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld!!! Oh and how I can I forget Elvis for giving me the idea"

Yeah sure its true. We are really existing in the Matrix, Schwarzenegger really did fight that Predator in South America and "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was actually a documentary

You guys dont quit do you?

Well anyways... Here is another one that I think you should take REALLY seriously. Has any of you seen the movie "Arlington Road"? Well there is a scene where Tim Robbins and Jeff Bridges are arguing in the back yard and you can clearly see a UFO fly real slow in the background. It looks like a white cigar shaped object. You cant miss it. Clear as day.

I wish I had that DVD or knew how to upload it to the internet. If anyone knows how, please please upload so you can check it out.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I also watch a video about Credo Mutwa and how astonished he was about Darth Maul! Another interesting thing about the Darth Maul character, they use one as the main "demon" in the movie Insidious! I don't see how the makers of the movie wouldn't have thought anyone would notice this!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

At least 20 years ago, I remember reading that some of the aliens in "Return of the Jedi" were real. Specificly the scene where Jabba has Luke, Han, Chewy etc over the pit in the sand dunes. I remember reading in the article that there was a book to be written about it. Has any one else read somthing about this? I know it sounds crazy and stupid, but I'm dead serious, so please give this thread a chance.

If you mean that creature in the sand pit that they were going to throw Luke and Han into, then you are probably thinking of the Sand Worms form the Frank Herbert novel "Dune".

George Lucas was a big fan of that book, and he wanted to pay homage by including something like a sand worm. Besides "Return of the Jedi", I heard that in the first Star wars movie (now re-named "A New Hope") he tried to include a skeleton of a sand worm in the background somewhere on Tatooine, but for some reason or another it did not make it into that film.

So, no. That creature in Return of the Jedi isn't based on a "real" creature, but it was based on something else from the "real" non-Star Wars world -- albeit it came from another fictional story.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see now that the original post is from 4 years ago. I don't necessarily expect the OP to be reading this, but the information is still valid for anyone else reading this thread.
edit on 4/26/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join