It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
People need to list there sources! not just over the first claim but all it's
arguments to the contrary are utterly meaningless if you don't say where
your getting your information. read one of the translations of the Egyptian
book of the dead if you want to know about Horus or about any possible
connection to Jesus. As a starter go to wikipedia and look up Horus. the
info I got... personally reminds me nothing of Jesus, so... idk.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I haven't read this thread, but I liked the OP and the last couple of pages. These ATS threads are truly ponderous --especially the good ones! But Skeptic and crew are trying to change things so that good ideas rise to the top, or at least I am percieving that personally.

Original Poster NJE777 says:

I have just finished reading The Pagan Christ by Tom Harpur. There are too many similarities between Horus and Christ to reject the author's claim that the story of Jesus Christ was plagiarised from much earlier Egyptian mythology.

Is this just a case of history repeating itself? Are we doing an Egyptian re run? If so, why?

I think what is interesting is that Jesus has more power than even Horus, on this Earth at this time. Oh that's not to say that some folks don't worship Horus and these older Egyptian gods, but their power is all in their minds (and their banks). Jesus is the one who has the hearts and minds of the "meek" as he termed them. They are waiting for him to return or somehow deliver Earth into their hands.

Now in relation to this, is a theme which seems to recur, in cycles, irresistably. It is the theme of a man being offered (perfect, unblemished) and then being bled-out (sacrificed) on behalf of the tribe. Personally, I think that whole concept, though historically valid up to this point, is now totally and fully rendered obsolete.

I will refer you to a great story, not really publicised, but known:

wiki/The_Lottery

en.wikipedia.org...

Though it is arguable that the "primary themes are scapegoating, man's inherent evil, and the destructive nature of observing ancient, outdated rituals" this is a common misconception. The actual theme of the short story is that man creates philosophical existences that he is unable to fulfill. This is shown through Tessie Hutchinson. Throughout the story she is joking around about the lottery and carrying on like all the other townspeople, but as soon as her family name is chosen from the black box her perspective takes quite the turn. Suddenly this "isn't fair" when in all reality a lottery is by definition the most fair method of chance. When Hutchinson exclaims, "It isn't fair!" this is a prime example of dramatic irony. While it is obvious that Tessie believes it was not fair that she was chosen, Jackson is also trying to express that human nature is unfair. It is in human nature to kill and that is unfair.

People worship the tortured Jesus, but if asked to also be tortured, shall they endure it and go forward? Yes, I believe the faith of those who follow the tortured Christ has merit, and they whip themselves or mentally beat themselves so as to follow his way. They shall have complete and utter feeling of their God, the alnmighty God of Personal Torture.

But shall we say that the other meme of the non-tortured, out-the-backdoor Jesus is not also meritorious?

Shall we say both mental creations (and possibly even dualistically in history also) do not co-exist in the mind of each human and also their neighbor?

Also the third Christ who is completely "fabricated and who really has no true value", represented by Nihilism and Atheism and so on. This Christ is meant to be as powerless an impotent as possible, and is envisioned mentally by many, in service to their own "Jeus/Messianic" figure. So we have the tortured Jesus, the sneak-and-and-make-babies Jesus, and the non-existant, impotent "historical fabrication" Jesus. --All three exist as thought forms, one or two (and others of their alignment) may have also physically existed, been Godlike, etc.

But why the need for the shedding of blood? That's my main question. The lesson of the story above, is that Horus when re-assembled, might similarly try to overturn a code of bloodshed, like Jesus did.

As for Horus himself, that's just all made up by early Egyptians who held all of Egypt in their mental prison. Horus was made up. Anubis was formed from the cult of the dog, which is fully ancient. Lots of the imagery and such which predated the 18th dynasty was taken from obver the mountains to the East (assyria/babylon and also Mittani). en.wikipedia.org... ...The idea of one Creator was not original to Akhenaten though he had Horus in his sights when he shut down the temples. But perhaps he didn't realize that the old gods carried power in the people's minds? ...Did Akhenaten understand meme theory?

Zech. Sitchin is wrong to say that Mesopotamia was the nexus of truth/science/etc because also there were celtic and nordic african indian and all other shades of humans whom the Creator guided to keep truth at root in the human race. There are many wanderers, now, then, and all through time. People like Sitchin and others may often give themselves away by their comlete belief in one theory but also perhaps more importantly deconstructing another? Now tell me am I deconstructing Jesus in this post here, or deconstructing his "meek" whom he said wil inherit the Earth?

Before Horus was fleshed out and pimped out to the priests and all others in Egypt, there existed a sub-concious and true understandng of the unity of Earth and its creation, similar to wha all native peoples believe now. The Creator is One. I personally do not believe the Creator wanted Horus to be ripped up or Jesus to be torture/killed/lotteried.

But hey, Horus had his balls ripped off and Jesus' corpse only got pierced by a sword, so who's to say we haven't made progress, right?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is as straight forward as one can get to the decline in human intelligence. Speculation without research, adotion of similarities to be proof instead of solid, sound research. This is the challenge facing all Christians of today and the future christians of tomorrow. Speculative or nominal understanding of un-biblioographied works of literature, being used by modern day Pastors and Christian theologeons.

1. even god considered the animals in his judgement of the earth. Where was that in Revelations version of what is to come...what happened to the animals. How could jesus have missed that if he were God?

2. The name "Almighty" actually was first used in reference to Gideon...not God.

3. I have more answers to what is really going on with religion...

Hit me up with questions...I'll open your eyes. *Edit*

mod edit to remove personal information

[edit on 21-2-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BugZyZuncle
You mean horus, the god of the sky to ancient Egyptians?
The one who was half man and half falcon?

To compare horus to Christ is simply laughable, and some of you will believe anything rather than believe the truth.

HOw can anyone, in their right mind, compare horus with Christ, really?

The reality is, Christ was the Son of God, and horus was a myth made up by the Egyptians which constantly changed throughout the years. There is plenty of evidence to support Christ if people would actually take the time to investigate his life on earth.

However, most people don't want to admit the existance of Christ because they would then be required to adjust their life accordingly.

I've read some crap here on ATS but this has got to be the most laughable subject matter yet.

The Hebrews descendend from Abraham 28 generations from Adam. They were enslaved by Egypt for four hundred years and did pick up some of their religious practices. However, after the exodus, they were purified and were allowed to enter into the promised land where Christ was ultimately born 2000 years later.

An excerpt from Manly P. Hall's - Secret Teachings of All Ages

WHEN confronted with a problem involving the use of the reasoning faculties, individuals of strong intellect keep their poise, and seek to reach a solution by obtaining facts bearing upon the question. Those of immature mentality, on the other hand, when similarly confronted, are overwhelmed. While the former may be qualified to solve the riddle of their own destiny, the latter must be led like a flock of sheep and taught in simple language. They depend almost entirely upon the ministrations of the shepherd. The Apostle Paul said that these little ones must be fed with milk, but that meat is the food of strong men. Thoughtlessness is almost synonymous with childishness, while thoughtfulness is symbolic of maturity.

There are, however, but few mature minds in the world; and thus it was that the philosophic-religious doctrines of the pagans were divided to meet the needs of these two fundamental groups of human intellect--one philosophic, the other incapable of appreciating the deeper mysteries of life. To the discerning few were revealed the esoteric, or spiritual, teachings, while the unqualified many received only the literal, or exoteric, interpretations. In order to make simple the great truths of Nature and the abstract principles of natural law, the vital forces of the universe were personified, becoming the gods and goddesses of the ancient mythologies. While the ignorant multitudes brought their offerings to the altars of Priapus and Pan (deities representing the procreative energies), the wise recognized in these marble statues only symbolic concretions of great abstract truths.

This book is a good read...for the open minded.

What is your interpretation of this???

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Bible it self is explanatory when it comes to this issue, it describes its copycat religions in the Bible like the Tower of Babel story and with other Baal worships and sacrifices to the Gods. It predicts copycat future distortions of people's reaction to the Gospels who are to come as false prophets and counterfeit versions of the Bible.
This along with the Christ saviour figure being known since the dawn of time which is why there have been so many fake similarities in ancient empires along with Giant and fallen Angel worship of the Gods seen evident in all acient societies.

But man paints the picture the otherway round as ancient findings being before the Bible records and tries to tie this with the evolution of the earth to billions of years and of course since the two ideas don't fit it must assume the facts are the evloution of the Bible to be of other influences rather than a seperate message.

In the end only you can decide what is real here by faith, by spiritual connections to God or some historical evidence to inspire. Experts have chosen faith by understanding more and seeing deeper evidence whist priest and Bishops have discredited the actual Gospels and decide its something else.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

Thanks for posting such supposition about whether Jesus is Hours or not which i see very important to tackle with reference to Ancient Egyptian religion and Mythology; it is really a very important topic to discuss here in the lobby.

What I know is that most of the Egyptian myths are "motivated by the ancient Egyptian desire to know the origin of the universe".

Source

source2

And I really agree on some evident resemblance . Because both were born of virgins of royal descent and the other points you mentioned
Source2

I also got interested to know more about the battle between good and evil at Hours' time and recognized such a resemblance more and more

The battle between Horus and Seth

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
How come it's fine and dandy to slam Jesus, say evil things about him, but do not dare criticize Zionism, the Talmud and Cabala books of hate and sorcery? If you do, you get censored, your thread closed for "hate speech?"

But go ahead and throw mud all over Jesus and Christianity.

Have at it all you people with your avatars of half naked women and demons and sadistic torturers and all the rest of the evil stuff you think is so cool.

But don't let anybody talk about what's really evil here.

Just keep the mudslinging flowing to the Christians and Jesus.

Don't worry --the antichrist is coming SOON and you guys are all going to love him to death -- literally to death.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Any religions that believe God requires a sacrifice, of blood, for sins....is misleading the masses.

It is this primal concept that keeps the masses here.

LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just to note...I am not slamming any man (Jesus)...but many keys to wisdom are misunderstood.

Religions can actually be what keeps the soul bonded to the flesh.

Faith is good...personal relations to Thee is good....but people really need to be careful of originised beliefs based on following a material 'one' way. Its like putting limits on divintiy, putting Holiness in a box (which cant be done) impo.

Some people speak out of concern and care for others...not to bash them or debunk them.

LV

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Any religions that believe God requires a sacrifice, of blood, for sins....is misleading the masses.

It is this primal concept that keeps the masses here.

LV

Whatever blood sacrifice God requires for sin he took care of Himself when he came to earth as a man and gave his own blood, when he suffered and died for us as our suffering Messiah.

I don't understand why God does, but it has to do with justice somehow.

But it's all over. Jesus did it all, and it is finished.

God requires no more blood sacrifice, no more sacrifice at all. It was all completely taken care of at the cross.

So calling Jesus Horus is a terrible blasphemy against the God who made you, who loved you and gave himself for you.

But it's encouraged on these threads, but just don't criticize the murdering Zionists. And I know many Christians are duped Zionists themselves. But they should know better, and the scriptures teach otherwise, to beware the Synagogue of Satan, spells it out that God is not a respecter of persons, is looking for people to love him, cares nothing about DNA or who one's parents were. Believing in the Talmud and Cabala means siding with Satan, not God. Jesus condemned the writings, the traditions of men, the Jewish fables and superstitions that we now know as the Talmud. If you knew what was in that book you would know why Jesus condemned it. It is wicked. The Cabala is the book of sorcery, straight out of Babylon.

We cannot have any threads discussing Zionism. They will be shut down as hate speech. But it is allowed to blaspheme Jesus all kinds of ways.

It's just so wrong. The very title of this thread is a travesty to the Creator who made you and died for you, a shame to Above Top Secret to have this kind of stuff going on.

But make sure all the threads are closed down that discuss Zionism, the religion behind the NWO, seeking the antichrist to rule in Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem. To criticize this evil satanic thing is called hate speech.

So continue on spitting on the Righteous Creator of the Universe who came to earth as a man to walk among us and die for us. Continue. Call him Horus. (btw, Horus is a myth, and Jesus actually walked this earth, and our calendars are dated by him. Not only the Bible but other historians ackowledge his existence.)

So don't be comparing mythological figures to historical ones. Jesus did walk this earth, he did die, and he did rise from the grave. And he IS coming again. SOON.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Since you talk so sure of yourself...I will feel free to do the same.

It is a danger to society and our species to keep placing a need of blood in the hands of the Divine One. This is why the duration of time is so long, so many fall behind is gaining the wisdom of the stories.

Death/bloodshed gives power to the ruler of the flesh....not to God.

A wrathful, jealous, prideful force came and presented itself as God....made people believe in it out of fear....continued the bloodletting's of the ancients and made a scenario of a special land and people and a required blood sacrifice so the killing would continue long through time. It has been the biggest fall of man.

I have read the book and continue to use it as my main study. Just see differently now then I use to.

I wasnt equating Horus with Jesus...I went off topic due to your talk of the 'Antichrist is coming' ect....But it is interesting...Jesus's stories and Horus's stories are similar in many ways. There is nothing wrong with admitting that. Does that make them one in the same...no. But history may be speaking louder then what most like to hear it as.

Sorry for the derail...but some things need noted.

LV

The biggest blasphemy is that God required blood shed by man....ever.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So here is my two cents:

A truth table:

Jesus and God are real.

1. Christian believes, dies, goes to heaven.
2. Atheist dies, goes to hell.

Jesus and God are not real.

1. Christian believes, dies, pushes up daisy's
2. Atheist dies, pushes up daisy's

Either way the Christian always comes out equal or ahead. Since no-one can prove that God doesn't exist, a smart atheist might want to hedge his bet or remain stupid.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The biggest blasphemy is that God required blood shed by man....ever.

God required animal sacrifice. Animals were given to man for food and clothing. God said how the animal was to be killed, and it was killed quickly, humanely, not tortured.

Then God came and offered himself, his own blood. He took care of it.

It has to do with justice, that our sins might be forgiven. God doesn't sweep sin under the rug, doesn't wink at it. It must be balanced out some way. God found a way to do it. He gave Himself for us. We need to thank Him, not mock Him for what he did.

He did it for us. It requires nothing of us, does not hurt us in any way. It spares us from God's judgment and justice if we take refuge under that sacrifice. It has transforming power to the soul of those who come to Jesus, and makes a way for any man to walk with God, without coming through some guru or shaman or, God forbid and I agree with you, the murder of innocent people to appease a satanic God named Lucifer.

If the counterfeit god requires a blood sacrifice, it is a different kind of sacrifice, that of little children, horribly tortured, with sexual orgy, and monstrous deeds, of shock and awe, of blowing up tunnels filled with cowering Palestinian women and children, of taking children and crucifying them upside down, things like that.

The Bible says God hates the shedding of innocent blood (murder). Animal sacrifice, humanely done, is not murder. It is not even atoning or covering blood, but was a picture, kind of an IOU, that God gave the Jews so they would understand when the Messiah came to die for them.

Now they have taken it to mean let's start a war on Purim, or let's blow up some villages on Hanukkah, lots of blood flowing.

Zionism. Evil Zionism.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

These stories are a parable to the true offering. The Holy Spirit that filled and fattened the Earth and the heavens. Ever thing after this is a repetitive reflection to learn...we are spirit in matter....two polarities in one body....light and darkness intertwined. Its not about sins....and blood sacrifice. Its not about force and obeying. Its about will and offering. Just as the Holy Spirits will offered herself to matter....we, our spirits, offer ourselves back to the source.

To believe Jesus had to die, then you must believe part of Gods plan to come to us and bring wisdom to us involved man killing man. If man refused to kill man back then, then Jesus wouldnt have died and we would not be forgiven....right?

Jesus's life is wisdom because he showed how to offer, and what life to fight for. He showed how to remain righteous in the world of darkness. He showed the key to the father and I are one.

Thee only needs a pure, humbled heart....seeking Thee through ones own will of seeking the divine nature. God is not primal like us...God does not need blood shed for wrong doings. Thee only needs...your conscious awareness.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

These stories are a parable to the true offering.

To believe Jesus had to die, then you must believe part of Gods plan to come to us and bring wisdom to us involved man killing man. If man refused to kill man back then, then Jesus wouldnt have died and we would not be forgiven....right?

God knew. Maybe that's why he picked the Jews to reveal himself to intimately, because he knew they were a proud and stubborn people who would not love and respect a suffering Messiah come to die for them, only a conquering judge to rule with a rod of iron.

Jesus' life wasn't a parable. And his sacrifice as the Lamb of God is foreshadowed in the Old Testament, with Passover, with Cain and Abel, with even Adam and Eve when God killed the first animal to cover their nakedness.

God is just and holy, and does not let sin go unanswered.

This is why Jesus, God himself came to earth, the Creator of the Universe made himself to be a man born of woman, so that he could give himself for us, the perfect sacrifice.

Jesus loved us and gave himself for us, and his goodness, unselfishness and kindness to us is our example, not Satan's "Do as thou wilt," and Darwin's survival of the fittest, the Nazi Zionist racism that says a few people are special by way of their DNA or family history.

Jesus said the meek would inherit the earth, blessed are the peacemakers, and those who mourn, who hunger and thirst after righteousness, those who receive a love of the truth.

There is power in the cleansing blood of Jesus, power to make somebody a new creature, a child of God. It is the only way. Being born a Jew doesn't cut it, being a Roman Catholic, or any other religion. It's Jesus' blood that makes us new, changes us, takes away our guilty sin.

Jesus said, He who comes to me I will in no wise cast out. Anybody who is sorry and wants a new start, he is waiting to forgive.

Those who hate him and love Satan will go to their death with their sins piled up upon them, and we only get one chance. There is no coming back as a bird or a frog or whatever. The Bible says it's appointed once to die and then the judgment. If we did in our sins, we take our sins with us to judgment.

The time to live for God is now --

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

And another paraphrase of the masses following the masses.

There is no need for blood shed....we can continue to disagree. I only respond to open eyes of others who arent trapped in the box of blood letting and the power in the blood.

You are very right....there is power in the blood....God and man arent the only ones who know this trick.

There is power in death just as there is life. But one outweighs the other.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Just to note...you are correct, Jesus can be a way, a path for understanding and wisdom. But its not about a forceful sacrifice...its about offering of the will. Its about remaining unblemished...to live the 'real' life that we are to live for.

I believe though, Jesus got tied to a tradition/ritual that he wasnt meant to be tied to....which is the blood sacrifice. Cultures have practiced this primal ritual for centuries.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Just to note...you are correct, Jesus can be a way, a path for understanding and wisdom. But its not about a forceful sacrifice...its about offering of the will. Its about remaining unblemished...to live the 'real' life that we are to live for.

I believe though, Jesus got tied to a tradition/ritual that he wasnt meant to be tied to....which is the blood sacrifice. Cultures have practiced this primal ritual for centuries.

Jesus came here to die. It's all prophesied in the Old Testament, in Isaiah 53, did you ever read that? There are many prophecies in the Old Testament, the Torah, of Jesus death, his crucifixion, that he'd be buried in a rich man's tomb, that his clothes would be gambled over, that he would be crucified, his beard plucked out, his bones out of joint, people mocking him, etcetera, that he would be born of a virgin in Bethlehem.

Jesus said, Nobody takes my life. I lay it down and take it up again.

Jesus came here because he had a job to do for us, because he loves us and wanted to save us from our sin. Jesus blood is the only blood that saves or cleanses because Jesus is God, and because Jesus never sinned, ever, not one time. His blood is extremely wonderfully special, which is why it is able to save people. Animal blood, other human blood does nil.

Jesus is the only one who can save us, and that's why he came here, to do just that.

God came to earth, born of a woman, grew up owning nothing, and gave himself for us.

I don't understand the blood thing, but the Bible says "by his stripes we are healed," and "without the shedding of blood is no remission of sin," and that Jesus "bought us by his precious blood."

The Bible says the life is in the blood, and since Jesus is the author and finisher of life, that he would bleed and die for us as a man has special significance. Jesus spoke the worlds into existence, yet became like us, and sacrificed himself to make us clean, so we could have a fresh start and not be cut off from God.

Jesus can't be caught in a tradition of men, because Jesus is God himself.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It is a fine trick to take a man a make him God so the worship of the Spirit becomes worship of a man, son of God.

What does it mean to you when Jesus says...my blood is your blood?

Why would God create something that would fall away and need to be saved?

The entire idea that we are fallen is wrong. Its mans explanation for all the things they couldnt explain...us being in a world of suffering, hate, greed, pride...man thinks....we must be in a fallen state.

This world is supposed to be this way....its not wrong and its not a mistake, as hard as that may be to believe. Its about learning patients, tolerance, forgiveness and mercy.

Even when someone is trying to take your life.....now that is hard to do isnt it?

I have followed the way you follow for many years. I argued in forums the same argument you argue till I was blue in the face.

I realized one day...well it actually took a couple years for me to twist the knots out of my head....that the predictions didnt come from God...they came from a ruler who feared the masses would learn the truth and that the ruler would then not rule man anymore. What better way to trick the masses then to place the bringer of light with a blood letting that was required by the Divine God? The ruler of flesh has the masses in his pocket.

Jesus came to teach how to remain righteous in this darkness. No sacrifice...but an offering. No force or requirement...but a choice of free will.
It takes a strong spirit to do what Jesus did and even forgive them for it before he died.

The ruler of flesh does not want man to know that God is love and is waiting on you.

There are two natures in the Bible...one is the ruling nature of flesh, it is primal and hopeless. It represents man at its worst in the ego of pride and greed and jealousy. This is not a mistake either....it is the nature of us, we are to know ourselves...to know the natures....to decide which one we are to live for.

The other is nurturing and unconditional. The primal nature works with the divine nature. The title of 'adversary' fits its purpose perfectly. How is the divine to know what we think, would do, choices we are to make...if we are not given both dark and light to choose from? If everything was all good, we would have no way to discern light from dark and God would have no way to discern our dark thoughts from our divine thoughts. Its a way to weigh and measure. Some choose not to weigh and measure...and just accept. I did this for many years. The day I decided to weigh the natures and raise my voice to the havens that I couldn't except this anymore was the first day I felt as if I could fly to the heavens.

If we are given all the answers of what God is..there would be no reason to know a vine by its seed because God has already told us.

Its all about 2 natures, spirit and flesh. Divine and primal. Choose which nature you want to live for.

LV

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join