It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is based on Egyptian Myths - Jesus Christ is Horus

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Actually Tammuz is not a myth but a real person. BTW, Greek Adonis is Babylonian Tammuz, as is Egyptian Horus. Two minutes of research should prove this.

then please, do that 2 minutes of research and show us how you got it all.

[edit on 8/18/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Actually Tammuz is not a myth but a real person. BTW, Greek Adonis is Babylonian Tammuz, as is Egyptian Horus. Two minutes of research should prove this.

then please, do that 2 minutes of research and show us how you got it all.

[edit on 8/18/07 by madnessinmysoul]

Do you need me to hold your hand. Just google Adonis and Tammuz. Those that want to know the truth...........seek the truth. Those that don't......DON'T.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Do you need me to hold your hand. Just google Adonis and Tammuz. Those that want to know the truth...........seek the truth. Those that don't......DON'T.

i didn't think you'd accept my challenge... but i'll be the bigger person and follow your advice....
i didn't find anything...
i honestly and earnestly tried, i was open minded enough to do it, now could you show us where we can find this for i have been unable to....
oh, and i spent a lot more than 2 minutes trying to find it

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

i didn't think you'd accept my challenge... but i'll be the bigger person and follow your advice....
i didn't find anything...
i honestly and earnestly tried, i was open minded enough to do it, now could you show us where we can find this for i have been unable to....
oh, and i spent a lot more than 2 minutes trying to find it

Fair enough.......always willing to help the person that makes an effort.

Similarly, and probably the same origin of this Eos and Eostre, we find in Hindu mythology the goddess of dawn to be Ushas, daughter of Heaven. Other spring festivals were celebrated, with the rites of Adonis or of Tammus (well known as the youthful Sun-deity) which were held in summer in some places, but held in spring in others, such as in Sicily and Syria, our dead and risen Messiah being assimilated to the pagan celebration of the dead and risen Adonis (Tammuz). This "weeping for Tammuz" is exactly what Yahuweh included amongst His verdict of "wicked abominations," as we read in Eze. 8:9, 14.

www.thewordsofeternallife.com...

Worshiped in other areas under the name Adonis, Tammuz was honored with an annual celebration by a cult that "mourned his death and rejoiced at his resurrection. The cult worked its way into the folkways of Christian peasants, who wept over the lost Adonis and participated in lewd festivities" (Harper's, "Tammuz").

www.gnmagazine.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

(from your source) Similarly, and probably the same origin of this Eos and Eostre, we find in Hindu mythology the goddess of dawn to be Ushas, daughter of Heaven.

That and the following paragraphs indicate that your source is very untrustworthy. He's using the old "this sort of sounds like this so these two concepts are related" patchwork that falls apart on the first poke. While some of it is correct, much isn't and the whole fabric then becomes a boat of many leaks that sinks when you try to use it to carry an idea forward.

I know you're very interested in these topics, and have often suggested that you reinvestigate using Wikipedia (flawed as it can be) as a starting point instead.

Astarte was Aphrodite (same attributes, many of the same symbols) but they were not Eos/Ushas.
en.wikipedia.org...

Oestre is *possibly* a medieval fiction and there never was such a goddess. The name certainly isn't germanic, for one thing, in spite of her being a supposedly Germanic goddess. (this article also mentions the bad assumptions made by tying names in a "gosh, if you mumble it just right, this name sounds like THAT name" link):
en.wikipedia.org...

The link of Oestre and Astarte is well known as "Fakelore" and has been demonstrated to be false many times :
en.wikipedia.org...

The name, Easter, comes from the Jewish word for Passover, Peseach -- there's good strong evidence for this:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NJE777

Did you ever think it could be the other way around?

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I know you're very interested in these topics, and have often suggested that you reinvestigate using Wikipedia (flawed as it can be) as a starting point instead.

Astarte was Aphrodite (same attributes, many of the same symbols) but they were not Eos/Ushas.
en.wikipedia.org...

Astarte, Aphrodite, Venus, Ishtar, Isis etc are all the same.....the Babylonian Semiramis.

There is plenty of sources the confirm that Adonis is Tammuz. I wonder how Adonis died?

The problem with all these so called Myths is the evolution of the story. Real person Tammuz is the son of Semiramis. Semiramis marries Nimrod her earlier son. After his death he becomes Baal the sun god.........the bringer of light. Semiramis at her death becomes mythical Ishtar the moon and marries her now mythical son Tammuz.

But to get down to brass tacks.........Greek Adonis is Babylonian Tammuz.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The name, Easter, comes from the Jewish word for Passover, Peseach -- there's good strong evidence for this: .....en.wikipedia.org...

Easter is actually from the name of a pagan vernal festival almost coincident in date with paschal (Passover). (Source Webster's College Edition Dictionary). They worshipped the fertility goddess Ishtar by rolling eggs, representing fertility. Some had been dipped in the blood of infants slaughtered on the altar. It was an orgy held in what the Bible refers to as "high places". They were abominations to him.

Passover is a time set by God when the angel of death was to passover those that believed in Him. Jesus became our Passover, He became our Lamb at the same time as when the sacrificial lamb was to be killed in the temple. His crucifixion was chosen for that day and religion found it necessary to change God's date and replace it with a pagan, fertility festival. They are not the same.

So.....easter doesn't come from the Jewish word Passover but many celebrate it, unknowingly, as having taken it's place.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Horus is a figure of great power (understood) and wisdom. ho, and also understood, wait......... yah, pretty much. Wisdom too. Wait, most hero/SALVATION figures have wisdom and power, ......wait, could..... nooooooooooooooooo.... could all the male hero figures of religion be the same damned guy.................... ummm , whats going on here? and uh, jeez, did most of them die first, wot the hell is going on? why have all of the hero figures of ALL religions died and been reborn? Could it have been because they spoke to the gods and become god:? hmm, unlikely.help me I am so majorely confused I know wot foreof I speak of.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
Easter is actually from the name of a pagan vernal festival almost coincident in date with paschal (Passover). (Source Webster's College Edition Dictionary).

I did some additional research on it, trying to find the origin of it...went to some scholarly papers.

They worshipped the fertility goddess Ishtar by rolling eggs, representing fertility. Some had been dipped in the blood of infants slaughtered on the altar. It was an orgy held in what the Bible refers to as "high places". They were abominations to him.

Actually, none of that was done. Ishtar wasn't worshipped with any egg sacrifice, nor was she the one that human sacrifices were made to -- her temple records showed she got grain and money as sacrifices. There were temple maidens who engaged in sexual rites -- but not orgies. Orgiastic rites are Greek and come from a much later time period -- the Dionysian mystery school religions involving Dionysus and Cybele.
www.theoi.com...

There are a number of traditions and festivals associated with eggs. The Passover seder (Peseach, from which comes the name, "Easter") has a ritual involving eggs and dipping them in water and salt. Eggs were painted by the Persians for their "new Year", which begins on the spring equinox... a date close to Passover:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidself
Horus is a figure of great power (understood) and wisdom.

Actually, he wasn't known for his wisdom. That was Thoth and Isis.

Wait, most hero/SALVATION figures have wisdom and power,

Actually, no. Salvation figures, yes, Hero figures, no. Hercules comes to mind (he's really quite stupid... plays were written making fun of his stupidity) and so does Thor and an endless stream of heroes. There are not many salvation figures among the deities because most of them have heaven concepts that judge the humans on their character and not on worship of some particular being.

and uh, jeez, did most of them die first,

The heroes, yes. The gods, mostly no. There are only a handful of dying gods... and Horus isn't one of them.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

Liquidself,
please go to this link and actually read it.
CS

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wonder if you have ever considered the smartness of the crack of thunder on the earth? Otherwise you just plain missed it.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Ishtar wasn't worshipped with any egg sacrifice, nor was she the one that human sacrifices were made to -- her temple records showed she got grain and money as sacrifices. There were temple maidens who engaged in sexual rites -- but not orgies. Orgiastic rites are Greek and come from a much later time period -- the Dionysian mystery school religions involving Dionysus and Cybele. ...

Sorry, I'm afraid I lumped them all together, which is the way I feel about all of that mythological mumbo-jumbo. Ishtar, Isis, Tammuz, Thor, Marduk, etc., etc. all mythology which it appears had it's beginning in Babylon. All of it is an abomination to God.

The point I was making was that easter, a pagan spring festival, which has developed over the years to include rolling eggs (which at one time were dipped in the blood of infants), along with the bunny rabbit (fertility, like a rabbit) have all been worked into the holiest of God's days. A day He set aside to crucify His Son so our sins could be forgiven.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Viewers can read a critical review of "Zeitgeist" here:

www.preventingtruthdecay.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

The phrase Born of a Virgin has yet again an astrological meaning:

"Born of a Virgin"

This makes reference to another sidereal phenomena happening at the same time. On the eastern horizon on the morning of the 25th of December, the ancients noticed the sign of Virgo. This was always known as being associated with Isis, the divine and archetypal Mother. So it ......virgin. And we read that Mary came into the Inn upon a donkey or ass. This refers again to Cancer, as one of the largest and most well known of the constellations in Cancer was and is called the Ass. This constellation and that of the Manger can be seen on any planispheres. In the art-work of the Medieval and Renaissance periods, four animals are commonly seen around the cot of Jesus. There is the donkey, the bull, the .....meant "unmarried mother." The mistranslation occurred purposely to align the concoction of the "biography" of Jesus to ancient cosmological and mythic motifs. The Christian should realize that if the Gospels were .....heeded by the founding fathers, who pretended to be so conscientious in their veracity?

The great star in the Virgin, appearing on the eastern edge of the horizon, at the moment of midnight, between the 24th and 25th of December, when the sun gains his first ascension, was said to preside over his nativity, and gave occasion to the fable of Christ, i.e., the sun being born of a Virgin.

It has to do with the stellar constellation of VIRGO - in which the SUN (Jesus) was born in the midnight from 24th to 25th of December; thus the meaning that the Sun was born of a Virgin. And if you look at the Zodiac sign of Virgo, it kind of looks like an M - therefore the expression VIRGIN MARY.

***Quote shortened
Perhaps December 25 has Virgo in it because the LORD put it there. You know a lot of things tie together in the bible and in life.
A scale leans both ways dude.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Motion-Man]

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
...like it is now at my location, in itself is significant to me on a very personal level. The Seeker in me is telling me to pay attention to this information that's been presented here so far -- so once again.. thanks for the info!

[edit on 8-7-2007 by Palasheea]

What would that be? Maybe the devil?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motion-Man
It has to do with the stellar constellation of VIRGO - in which the SUN (Jesus) was born in the midnight from 24th to 25th of December; thus the meaning that the Sun was born of a Virgin. And if you look at the Zodiac sign of Virgo, it kind of looks like an M - therefore the expression VIRGIN MARY.

Got some news.........Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th, Jesus is not the sun, but is the Son.

The birthday of Jesus was put on Dec 25th in the 4th century. This occured after Roman Emperor Constantine started the Catholic Church.

The Zodiac comes out of Babylon.........from the Deceiver. And many are deceived.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sun Matrix

Got some news.........Jesus was not born on Dec. 25th, Jesus is not the sun, but is the Son.

The birthday of Jesus was put on Dec 25th in the 4th century. This occured after Roman Emperor Constantine started the Catholic Church.

The Zodiac comes out of Babylon.........from the Deceiver. And many are deceived.

MANY are deceived and will be deceived. Some read these ideas put forth and believe them over the Word of God. When the end of days arrives and Satan stands before us, pretending to be Christ - they will follow him.

........Whirlwind

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join