It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaos as Iran Starts Fuel Rations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm thinking a major oil exporter being short of cash doesn't make a lot of sense, especially with the price of a barrel around 68 USD.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

2. They plan on blocking the straight of Hormuz and want to have enough oil to be bale to
sell at first for obscene amounts of money and also have enough to run their country for the duration of it.

Some variation of this plan sounds more like what could be happening here, or just preparing for all out war, in any event I just dont buy the budget excuse.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This rationing allows them to save up gasoline to make it through an embargo, or to fuel their armies as they march.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What is wrong with these fools? I am always reading that they are starting infrastructure projects in their neighboring countries, singing export deals and have quite a regionally prolific manufacturing base.

Why in the heck can they not build themselves the refineries they need? Are they stupid or something? I mean if they started in 05' when the rhetoric against them began to build-up, they could have easily built themselves a moderate refining capactity by now and even began exporting?

Seriously, what gives?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I am told by iranians who now live inthe U.S. as citizens that petroleum engineers are in short supply inside Iran. Seems that the more educated professional classes don't like the heavy-handed culture that is now dominating that country. Both of the people I know are retired oil workers so I'm tempted to believe them.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I see the conspiracies are flowing again! It's simple, the Iranian government has tried to keep its population "happy" by subsidising fuel imports and distracting all problems as the cause of an "evil west". Unfortunately this kind of tactic doesn't last forever and in the case of Iran that time has now come.

What is dangerous is how the government will respond in trying to deflect criticism of its failure to avert the crisis. A common method is to pick a fight with old (as in current) enemy, in this case Isreal or the west.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I can see your point. If the Iranian government can save up enough gas to feed a mechanized thrust in to iraq, they might do it if they can sell it to their people as a necessary fight with America.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I can see your point. If the Iranian government can save up enough gas to feed a mechanized thrust in to iraq, they might do it if they can sell it to their people as a necessary fight with America.

You might find this old thread of mine to be of interest.
Iran is seeing the fruits of suppressing peoples freedom and thus there ideas and willingness to contribute to the economy.
At some point Iran is going to have to under go reforms like China did in the 1980s and 90s. We cant wait and see if Iran suffers an economic melt down like the Soviet Union did I don't trust the leaders of Iran with any kind of Nuclear Technology. Iran's oil refines should be added to the list of targets to be bombed along with that country's Nuclear program , military and the Iraqi insurgents supply lines.

Destroying Iran capability to refine oil might just be enough to cause an economic melt down. If Iran does implement reforms and there economy improves the influence in the region will only increase on top of what it is now.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
What amazes me is the reaction of some of the Iranian people. Riots, fires, gas stations blown up?!?

I remember the fuel crisis in the US back in the 70's...dont remember any firebombings.

I thought that government had a noose around their citizens' necks?

Could this be the start of a revolution?

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think that the problem with the refineries is due to something that US have an only allow certain countries to buy from them.

I read somewhere that US is the only country that manufacture certain equipment needed to sustain and maintain refineries.

Because Iran has been in sanctions for many years their refineries are in bad shape and with no way to buy the parts the needs to keep them running and China was suppose to be investing in building some in Iran.

I will try to find the article but so far I can not find it.

Now about the riots, I can only imagine that perhaps outsides forces may be fueling the riots to speed a regime change.

I think that a time like this will be great for that, I hope the people in Iran will raise to the chance to make a change.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic
I thought that government had a noose around their citizens' necks?

Interesting point bombing Iran could either cause an economic melt down or be the cause of the Iranian people rallying behind there leaders. Either way Iran's Nuclear program needs to be taken out. If the US could win the media otherwise known as the propaganda war then bombing Iran could cause an economic melt down without the people rallying behind there leaders.

Could this be the start of a revolution?

IF it is the start of an revolution as you put it lets hope the leaders that come to power are better then the current nut jobs. My guess is that the Iranian government will crack down further on peoples freedoms in order to hang on to power.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Even if we can spark a revolt inside iran, it'll still take 10-20 years of raging economic progress to break the hold that the Mulahs have on their society. In this case, i think that consumerism might be one of our more effective weapons...if we're still in a position to wield it when the time comes.

posted on Jun, 27 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good find Gools

I don't have time spare at the mo to look more in-depth, although I did find a fairly comprehensive site on Iran's Oil/Gas/Petrochemical infrastructure perhaps one of the many links from that page will turn up something interesting?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join