It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Isaac CARET - Drones [HOAX]

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
As for the blacking out, couldn't Issac do that after the fact or am I missing a point here?

My point was he said he'd smuggled it out in chunks, which would mean it was unbound and loose since you can't get a report to fit neatly into your socks can you?

Then, if that is the case, the pages would probably be unaltered, since people forget stuff, and it'd be weird to read half way and then find a chunk blacked out.

IF he managed to somehow smuggle out a 300 page document in his pants, I want to see how big this guys is that something that unweildy and straight could fit down his pants without raising alarm.

Normally, stuff is blacked out when its moved to someone without NTK or filed, which would facilitate the binding. Why if you go to the trouble of smuggling stuff out, take a bound document with no technical details and blacked out parts?

Originally, he made no mention on who had blacked out the reports so that's why it was weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Can we get past the CGI or not phase !

I have posted an argument that debates the validity of any comment whatsoever about CGI.

Unless you first address that argument why bother even mentioning CGI ?

Sorry to keep banging on about the same point, just seems that the CGI advocates are ignoring it and people are still posting !

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
In Myst there is a race of scholars called the D'nai, they discovered that there language when written on the proper parchment created worlds (called "Ages" in the game). All they had to do was describe the world in writing in one of their "linking books" and it was created. If that wasn't enough, once the book was complete they could go to the world they just created by placing their hand on the linking page of the book.

Pretty striking to me. Obviously this could be pure coincidence but it's interesting none the less.

Holy crap! That is quite striking indeed!

I think you may have hit on something here Springer. Even if it's not viral marketing it still could be the basis for the story.

Give yourself 1000 pts. my good man!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi;
Just had to throw in my two cents worth.

I'm of the belief that this is viral marketing/ARG, mostly likely achieved through CGI, but, most curiously, few if any HALO ARG players seem to be interested. From the boards, quite a few seem to think it is a distraction. Thus if it is ARG for HALO, it's something of a bust... little mention on the discussion board ##.### leads to. Still, the word "drone" seems to have a connection to ilovebees...

My other curiosity is why the first renders/photos seem to be cgi/real photo composites rather than 100% cgi, where one would have been able to control the environment completely... maybe in the end dreamworks/microsoft et al can claim it was for entertainment purposes and not fraud.

The Isaac gismo looks rendered in yafray... but I realize that point is becoming moot

I have other ideas, but I don't want to throw out too many with my first post. I will say this: if most of the elements in the Star Wars universe are trademarked, sooner or later these "craft" and font will be trademarked somewhere... otherwise they're liable to become public domain... I found a few amusing leads doing a trademark search on "dragonfly" fer instance...

www.trekaerospace.com...

...although I consider it an amazing co-incidence

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamâshtu
yea i was talking about the chad et al photos ... is the exif info in the jpeg's as well?

I'm an eeeevil suspicious graduate of the Bastrd school of management, so I checked everything on links that were posted here, even on the LMH site (they were picks, she can't sensationalise them), and I couldn't find anything so they look to have been altered.

Without the originals or saves without removing it from them, no EXIF. If someone knows where saved copies of the originals are, I'll download and open em and find out if the cameras or something weird matches.

EDIT: LMH comment:

The words "Chad" and "Drone" at the beginning of my image file names are only an organizational effort for Earthfiles. I work on a Mac G-5 and re-size images for Earthfiles formats. I downloaded the Chad images from the COAST website, which I understand were also re-sized there. So, the only May 6, 2007, original images would be with Chad. Same applies to the May 5, 2007, Lake Tahoe Submitter 7013; and May 16, 2007, Capitola rajman1977 images.

So, I doubt anything remains unwell Chad posts copies somewhere else himself from his originals.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by ejsaunders]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
picture of symbols from the Myst URU game.

alphabet

[edit on 29-6-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
hmmm that myst link doesn't feel hot to me as it totally wasn't about ufo's etc as far as i can remember (only played the 1st one though) ... but the symbol/language connection is still a nice find. something else i remembered was a strange book about a guy who claimed he built a machine that was still working even when he replaced the "innards" with a piece of paper with the schematics ... the whole thing was rather lunatic, i'll try to find the link of that thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doubtful
Hi;
Just had to throw in my two cents worth.

So you're thinking it was partially an unmanned remote vehicle with a prop in the center that's CGi'd out for the pic's?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Along the "Myst" lines again, the D'nai did not understand how or why their written word created the ages (worlds) much like Isaac doesn't understand how the symbols create anti-gravity and power.

Regarding the report:

Isaac says in his "intro" that he snuck the documents out 20 pages at a time so as not cause suspicion of bulging clothes.

I guess he took the papers to Kinkos and had them bound after he snuck them out.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow guys!

After Springers revelation and looking at those Myst symbols from Hii, I think this may be getting close!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
yeah it does read alittle bit like Iaasac is a fan of the Myst game and perhaps spawned some of his inspiration for the current story from that source....?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok, I rechecked the EXIF from the C2C pics (for anyone doing it themselves, drag the image from the Internet (IE or whatever you know what I mean) to the desktop if in XP otherwise straight copy to clipboard won't give it).

It as someone else said, only mentions Adobe Photoshop Elements, but since I rarely use Elephants to edit anything I don't know if its usual for it to overwrite the EXIF info or not, can anyone more advanced in Adobe software comment?

While it's possible, its unlike a digi cam took the image at 72 pixel, so its been edited down (as C2C themselves say), but its still quite detailed which is odd. Almost looks like its been created in an image program rather than edited from a photo but that's just my take on it (since I generally only take photos of my models, I leave all pics in the biggest DPI and original sizes until I'm done for good with them and then covert them down).

It also says that the date and time were in the afternoon, now that picture looks a bit bright for 5ish for me.

Image from C2C: www.coasttocoastam.com...

Orientation - Top left
XResolution - 72
YResolution - 72
ResolutionUnit - Inch
Software - Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0
DateTime - 2007:05:06 17:20:08
ExifOffset - 164
ColorSpace - Uncalibrated
ExifImageWidth - 792
ExifImageHeight - 518

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
If you can provide evidence that the only way these pictures can have been produced is through CGI then you will have a point.

Ok here it is chunder, proof that this is CGI, and can only be CGI:

Look at this picture, it has blob shadows that can only be created with mutliple lights above the object, yet there are no "highlights" on the ultra reflective surface. How do you have shadows, but no "highlights" on such a reflective surface??

Highlights are Basic Art 101, even cartoon balloons with zero lighting have "highlights":

www.photoshopdigest.com...

..in Basic Art 101 you are even taught about how to put "highlights" when you are creating eyes, to give the eyes "life".

The object should show highlights of each light around it. If this is such a reflective surface enought to act like a mirror, it should be mirroring the actual light source, but it isn't. This is because CGI rendering software tend to ignore the actual highlight of the light source.

Besides the obvious lighting, and mirror reflecting errors, this object just so happens to be using blob shadows and a default white background used by many many many rendering software packages...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I don't agree. A lot of symbols can be compared to those. To me, they honestly look more like the Daedric symbols (modified) from The Elder Scrolls series, one being extremely famous (Oblivion) currently.

This is the alphabet. There are characters that look like ones from other games and the ones from the Chad photos. The symbol with the dot in between the upside down U for example. That is in Isaac's photos except the dot is taken from the inside and placed next to it. That is an easy comparison. There's also the L symbol upside down and mirrored that looks like the frequent one in all the close up photos.

Edit: If you'd like to know more:

til.gamingsource.net...

This site has the font ready to download and the history behind it. It also has a conversation table to modern English.

[edit on 29-6-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaundersonly mentions Adobe Photoshop Elements

very odd for someone as good at cg to use elements instead of the real photoshop (i personally hate elements with a a passion)

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

This is the alphabet. There are characters that look EXACTLY like ones from other games and the ones from the Chad photos.

I respectfully disagree, the characters look NOTHING like the Chad photo symbols, nor does the Myst alphabet create a match. I have been studying the symbols for some time now and myself and several others researching this have still failed to find a common matching alphabet for these symbols. The Isaac pictures are the first clear exact matches we have with the Chad photos.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I can find flaws on this CGI render all day...

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I can't help but notice that the CARET site was started last Friday and Ghost Raven started posting here at AboveTopSecret.com, you guessed it, last Friday.

Is there a connection?

Springer...

Hmmmmm - that is pretty ironic about the date, definitely makes you wonder.

Way too much weird stuff going on lately!

S

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Isaac says in his "intro" that he snuck the documents out 20 pages at a time so as not cause suspicion of bulging clothes.

I guess he took the papers to Kinkos and had them bound after he snuck them out.

Dat's exactly what I mean mate. Someone who's making a well packaged hoax would bind it to give it authenticity (along with page# even though he's giving it to us out of context and numbering), but then wouldn't think about his probably pre-written backstory of 20 pages a time.

The thing has been bound somewhere for it to have fold creases on the edges of the copies, so who bound it and why?

I suppose if it was originally bound and he copied it in work and THEN took them out, but either I remember him saying he didn't/couldn't or he did it outside of 'work' so that gimps that up.

Anyone got free longdistance calling? We could call all the 'docshops' and find one who remembers binding some 'weird alien #' for some dude!

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I can't help but notice that the CARET site was started last Friday and Ghost Raven started posting here at AboveTopSecret.com, you guessed it, last Friday.

Is there a connection?

Springer...

allow me to direct you to October's thread on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join