It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Really no written law saying we have to file taxes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I was watching this video that was posted on abovetopsecret I was wondering this. It was stated on the video that there is no law for the filing taxes.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
There is no law, there is however a gigantic confusing tax code book. It's a fact that income taxes are used to pay the interest on the fiat currency issued by the federal reserve (which is a PRIVATE bank). Many argue that the 16th amendment was not ratified. Once thing is clear however; Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, and John Kennedy were fervently opposed to a private central bank issuing the U.S. currency.

John Kennedy
"The biggest threat to American democracy is corporate power," Kennedy told us. "There is vogue in the White House to talk about the threat of big government. But since the beginning of our national history, our most visionary political leaders have warned the American public against the domination of government by corporate power. That warning is missing in the national debate right now. Because so much corporate money is going into politics, the Democratic Party itself has dropped the ball. They just quash discussion about the corrosive impact of excessive corporate power on American democracy."

Woodrow Wilson
I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

Abraham Lincoln
Corporations have been enthroned .... An era of corruption in high places will follow and the money power will endeavor to prolong its reign by working on the prejudices of the people... until wealth is aggregated in a few hands ... and the Republic is destroyed.

Benjamin Franklin
The refusal of King George III to allow the colonies to operate an honest money system, which freed the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators was probably the prime cause of the revolution.

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ok you must have seen the video so wont those peopel get in trouble for saying that they will not do tax returns it was that zeistgiest video

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This article is out today and explains everything...

www.unionleader.com... %27

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This document is actually very good at dismantling the various anti-income tax arguments.

Frankly, I think the anti-income tax community would be better served trying to amend the Constitution or passing appropriate statutes to ease their tax burden.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You do know that if you're single and you make under 8400 dollars a year, you are not required to file income tax, don't you? I didn't realize that until I went to H&R Block this year to file, and because I didn't make much last year, the tax filer said that I shouldn't even bother.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
yea I know there is a certain amount you have to make. but im just wondering that video was disturbing

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
This article is out today and explains everything...

www.unionleader.com... %27

\
Thanks for the link I appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you make less than $8400, taxes are still taken out of your paycheck. If you don't file you won't get any money back, making that much money you're likely to get a few hundred dollars back.

Here's a good documentary that explains this whole tax scenario in great detail
Money Masters

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Money Masters is essential watching, The most important 3 hours you'll ever spend. I'm pro income tax, but we shouldn't have to pay because it's voluntary. The Irwin Schiff videos are good to, even though he's in jail.

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Amelie]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just let your common sense prevail if you are thinking of skipping out on paying taxes. Let us assume for arguments sake you have a pretty convincing argument in your favor that the Income tax laws are invalid and/or unconstitutional, so you should not have to pay taxes. Do you think that for one second, even if your argument is convincing, the government is going to let you get away with not paying taxes? I

t would be self destructive for the government to give up its major source of revenue, so there is not way it is going to let anybody get away with not paying taxes.

top topics

join