It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings....or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
On wednesday this week I witnessed something extremely interesting (to me at least). First off I live just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. To set the stage, the Moon, Saturn, Regulus, and Venus were in fairly straight line in the western sky. That in itself is kinda neat to look at. However, on Wednesday here in Pittsburgh, the International Space Station and Shuttle were visible. You can type HSF (Human Space Flight) in google to get websites detailing the time and location where flights will be seen in your area.

Now, I thought the Shuttle was to be docked with the ISS, but it was not. It actually trailed a few seconds behind the Station which again was pretty cool for me to see. These two fairly bright objects actually traveled a degree or so below the "line" of the planets and moon. They almost travelled parrallel to them. Very interesting!

I was in this forum and thought to myself, how many people who did not know about the ISS would have interpreted that as a UFO? Two bright high speed dots moving through the sky in perfect unison. Following the "Line of planets". No noise. Just what seems as perfect movement. I know there were no sharp angles and such but I can guarantee there are a lot of people out there who would interpret something like that wrong.

How many UFO sightings are of similar situations? I bet there are many.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I agree. That's why it's so important people note the exact date, time and circumstances of their sighting. Knowing those variables we can easily go back and make a reasonable assumption as to the objects identity as you well know.

..... Take my frustration with the Alleged spacecraft/objects on moon thread for example. A few pieces of extra info on John's part and we could be making better headway in that thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Oh, I hear ya! I was watching them the other night, here by Chicago, and at one point in their trail across the sky, they would reflect the sun and get really bright for a few seconds. It almost felt like that reflection was my connection to our space program. Like I was connected. And, funny enough, I did think to myself that if someone didn't know what they were looking at, they'd freak a bit. It got REALLY bright for a bit.

So yeah, I agree.
Cuhail

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There were many reports submitted to MUFON on 6/19 of two lights that were traveling in tandem. Basically the same report for all and here are the states where the sightings were seen: Oregon, Michigan, Wyoming, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Nevada and others. Here is a link to the last 20 reports and you can still see some of the reports:
mufoncms.com...

Here is a link to the MUFON search engine so that you can search by date:
www.mufon.com...

This is one of the largest multiple sightings I have seen in awhile. Some people said it was two objects and some said one object with two lights. Who knows.

top topics

join