It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA to declassify its 'family jewels'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
theyre probably jus gonna put out the watered down stuff that most of us already knew, i highly doubt they'll let out the juicy cold-war stuff or anything with the mk-ultra project. just for kicks when its released i should forward a copy back to them with a memo stating something like "you forgot the jfk chapter, please include and forward back"

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Another related link, also mentions the CIA declassing a bunch of files and info on past activities.

CIA Declassifies 10 million records!

Source site;

CIA Declassified Records Available

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well...i guess its an occasion whenever the cia voluntarily release any info.should be interesting but not world shaking info

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
this may not be earth shattering, but it certainly floored me. Whitehouse memo of conversation between President Ford and Secretary of State Kissinger.

Kissinger warned that if other operations were divulged, "blood will flow," saying, "For example, Robert Kennedy personally managed the operation on the assassination of [Cuban President Fidel] Castro." Kennedy was the attorney general from 1961 to 1964.

whitehouse memo found here
www.gwu.edu...

link to national security archives
www.gwu.edu...

So why was the leading lawman and civil rights proponent in charge of a CIA covert assasination Operation.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grailkeeper

This, to me anyways, seems like some unknown ploy at this time.

Why release ANY incriminating evidence at all. For Decades the CIA has held many secrets and preformed many 'distasteful' tasks- this is common knowledge to most people.

Could there be another reason they are coming clean on many of the escapades over the years?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sure there's a reason for it. It's because they are coming clean because they know there's nothing the U.S. people let alone the World's population can do about it now, years after it's happened. Besides, they know the future atrocities are going to be far worse.

When Guantanamo Bay, Cuba closes, it will be closed on paper only, you know hiding it in paperwork, where it is "officially closed" and even possibly close off above ground part of it, as every single person in the U.S. knows that the majority of military bases have underground facilities.

"Closing" a military base, especially like Gitmo only means that it is only closed for "public viewing." So, do you think the Christians In Action are afraid of the public? I think not.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have to wonder how long this has been in the making?

The CIA would of had to had mega time to analyze all the information before releasing it to the general public. They would go over it with a 'fine tooth comb', which would take vast amounts of time considering the amount of documents purported to be released.

It could be possible, they may inadvertently miss something that could somehow connect them to something else, in which they didn't see coming.

Myself excluded, many researchers ( on ATS alone ) have the capability of weeding through the garbage and finding that piece of evidence which could tie a lot of things together.... or of course, just cause more questions, in which answers would be released 50+ years from now

top topics

<< 1   >>

join