It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

looking for a job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey my friend and I are trying to set up some kind of "paranormal hunting" business/service and were wondering if anybody knew some good gigs or hunts or anything to get us started. I know this is a pretty short post, but thanks for reading and any comments or suggestions would help.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
er... as far as I'm aware, most 'ghost hunting' agencies don't charge, since what they're doing is basically a hobby... I mean, if you want to get paid, you probably should provide a service... and unless you bring video cameras along and tape it, and thusly provide entertainment, ghost hunting isn't really a service unless you can get rid of unwanted ghosts.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You could probably get a few ideas from the movie Ghost Busters

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
USA are still looking for bin laden(though hes probably dead). So theres a job for you guys.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Don't let the naysayers get you down. Sylvia Browne makes a pretty good living and it's obvious she has no idea what she's doing.

Get some equipment that looks vaguely scientific - volt meters, metal detectors, stuff like that. Oh, and a cassette recorder. Maybe a video cam.

Run an ad stating you can help people with their paranormal concerns.

Go to the location, turn on your "equipment" and wander around looking for "evidence". At some point, act like you've found something. With the client present, tell the "apparition" to "go into the light". Maybe light some candles or incense or something. Tell the client it's handled and the area is "clear".

Charge whatever you can get.

Repeat.

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
er... as far as I'm aware, most 'ghost hunting' agencies don't charge, since what they're doing is basically a hobby...

I'm not too concerned about the pay, it would be nice, but like you said its a hobby and I'm not looking to get loaded off of it. We just want to be known, to be able to help people, stop some "evil"
and just basically do what needs to be done.

You know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
if you're looking to stop real 'evil' and you don't want to be a confidence trickster like one poster stated above, I strongly suggest you search the net and read the life stories of some demonists and exorcist types. they rarely have pleasant lives; evil's the kind of work that follows you home.

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
evil's the kind of work that follows you home.

Yah..... I think my friend and I have started to realize that...

Not to sound crazy or suicidal, but its the point where it feels as if this is a responsibility. We got depressed a little bit ago and tried to stop (I wasn't even on ATS for months) but we still had something screwing with us, so realizing that it won't leave us alone; we're striking back.

Does that make sense??

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
To get rid of evil entities you must have the proper smudge sticks that have been blessed by an ordained shaman.

I may have what you need to effectively "strike back"

Satisfaction Guaranteed!!

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I may have what you need to effectively "strike back"

Satisfaction Guaranteed!!

Ok... I'm listening, what are these smudge sticks, how do they work, and how to I get them?

posted on Jun, 19 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well the easiest would be to interview if possible people who do this for a living. Trying to determine what is haunted and what is not, and if people are in need is not an easy. Smudge sticks is sage and you can get such at any metaphysical shop. Ghost hunting is not easy and there is alot of studying to do. I would say start it as a hobby and refine your tenichque before you offer it on a professional basis. There is alot more than what meets the eye.

new topics

top topics

join