It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Christians against united world?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
After checking out Google Video and regular pages i must admit, i never saw so much hatred and fear against New Age and United Nations as i see it within (fundamental) Christian groups. They even distrust each other, argue which Bible is the "real one" and they won't accept any new translation except King James Version of 1611, yes, 400 years old version.

I understand fears against NWO, but at same time you must understand it's Christian groups who spread most disinformation about United Nations and NWO in general. At same time they forget to acknowledge any good united world would bring. They all see it as propaganda from enemy and work inspired by Satan himself and his buddy Lucifer.

Of course that's double standard, they will never acknowledge pedophilia in churches for example or they simply attribute it to the works of Satan. How convenient to have a scapegoat when you are accused of something, eh?

I am wondering, why are they so much opposed to united world idea and tolerance towards other religions? Same goes for Islam, they too oppose united world unless it's under Islamic rule, which is nonsense and call for violence, as usual. Jews are silent more or less because their leaders hope they will rule united world, which doesn't surprise me at all.

How hard is to see any advanced civilization needs to unite and cooperate and develop tolerance or perish. I would expect them to embrace this idea first, since they proclaim themselves to be close to God and spiritual. But instead of that all i see is fear mongering, spreading disinformation and trying to convert people with brainwashing or circular-thinking (using holy book to prove holy book/religion is the correct one).

They do it organized and produce a lot of material, for example, recently i saw 36 DVD-set (!!) "exposing" NWO and New Age. And this is just one production. Can't they see it's time to abandon old ways of thinking, which was responsible for so much violence in the past? Oh yea, it was Satan, not them, i forgot about scapegoat.

It is also possible all this material and "warnings" are conspiracy to use New Age and United Nations (NWO) as an excuse to spread fear of progress and to convert and brainwash people. Islam does the same thing, they just talk how evil Zion/US is. And from what i see on forums, both are doing very good job. Now millions fear united world. Think about it - you fear united, non-violent society?

[edit on 15-6-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have also wondered this same thing. It seems to be a predominately American phenomenon to "fear" a one world Government. They always paint any attempt or suggestion of a OWG as an evil, satanic thing who'll bring in the "Anti-christ" or other religious clap trap.

Don't see a problem in the idea myself, as long as it was a free, democratic Government.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The attempt at a United Earth will be of a satanic origin of deception. satan wants you dead and eternally seperated from God.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ok.....

But why do you believe this?

For those of us who aren't swept up in religious dogma and 2000 year old stories by illiterate goat herders, what is the problem with a one world Government?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Ok.....

But why do you believe this?

For those of us who aren't swept up in religious dogma and 2000 year old stories by illiterate goat herders, what is the problem with a one world Government?
The christians believe that the Antichrist will bring peace in a time of global terror through a worldwide nation. This nation would then become it's own religon and massacre anyone who does not worship the antichrist. May I suggest the "Left Behind" sries? It's an interesting read, even for non-christians.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I know what they believe will happen, my question really is "why".

Because the Bible says so? So because some old book written by bigoted Goat herders thousands of years ago said so, we have to remain divided as a species and fight all the time?

To me, it seems only logical that the concept of Nation States has to be done away with at some point. Especially if we are to move off this rock and attempt to colonise new worlds or advance as a species.

Again, it seems odd that the only people I hear complain about a OWG are American. Why is this?

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
People love to follow prophesies. That is why they follow such beliefs. Another thing is that Americans do not want to follow a New World Order because they wish to remain independent. This is makes them feel like they are above all other nations.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I do have to say that I am Christian and so far from what I have learned, I support the NWO. It's goals seem justified and may lead to a next step in human life. Anyway, if it really is of Satan, aren't all the Christians gonna be taken off the Earth before it happens?

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Rapture is new belief among fundamental Christian groups. It's heavily promoted in new Left Behind and other series, i think in more than 10 Christian movies about End Times. A lot of them are on Google Video, for free.

Well, about Satan and Lucifer... It's not like they want you to believe, but yes, there is immense force behind all this. It happens when humanity experiences big changes, usually every 2000 years when in primitive societies. It happened with Jesus and destruction of Roman empire and it is happening today too.

Can you believe it, they abandoned Jupiter worship and respect to all other beautiful Gods. Replaced it with one invisible God. Bastards... They say it's good for development of humanity. Yea sure...

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It just isn't Christians who don't want a NWO.

It's also non-believers who don't trust Politicians and Governments of which there are many. Most leaders can't run their own countries properly let alone the whole world as a collective. Who would trust the modern day Politicians with such a huge task?

Besides, if we are warned in the Bible that it may not be in our best interests to partake in this NWO, it would depend on if you're a gambling person to see if the prophecy is true or not.

Some people are high stake gamblers, some aren't.

It reminds me of a line from that Clint Eastwood movie...."okay punk, are you feeling lucky?".....

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Actually, I want a "new world order."

Rev.21
[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
[4] And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
[6] And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
[7] He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Only God(Jesus) can bring about this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The pedophile scandals originate from Catholicism. Catholicism is vastly different from Christianity. A world government is a bad idea, it couldn't function as a democracy because people still vary in their ideology's. When human beings reach a level that would make a democratic world government possible, we won't need it.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
argue which Bible is the "real one" and they won't accept any new translation except King James Version of 1611, yes, 400 years old version.

I am not sure where you got this information from, but its very incorrect. The Roman Catholics tend toward the “New American Bible”, many others use the “Revised Standard Version”, and the “King James” is also accepted by most. The only major difference in many of these translations is simple grammatical ones. This is just to make it easier for the modern person to read and understand the bible, but there is nothing to keep you from comparing different versions of the bible against each other, and it is supported by software such as E-Sword, due to its popularity to do so.

Of course that's double standard, they will never acknowledge pedophilia in churches for example or they simply attribute it to the works of Satan. How convenient to have a scapegoat when you are accused of something, eh?

And what Christian Organization has had this issue other then the Roman Catholic Church? So how is it that you are applying things that occurred in the RCC to other Christian faiths, and yet you got their version of the bible incorrect? Is it maybe that you just want to lump everything bad about Christians into a post to incite hatred against them?

I am wondering, why are they so much opposed to united world idea and tolerance towards other religions?

Other then the persecution of the Jews and the Crusades, both done by the Roman Catholic Church, what other Christian organization has shown this type of intolerance against other religions. Now its true that we do not accept folks who have not accepted Christ as being considered saved under the rules given in the Bible, but we also are not told to show intolerance toward those of other beliefs, quite the contrary:

Mark 6:11, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them."
Matthew 7:6, "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Basically if you try and convert someone and they resist, you’re not supposed to go to war with them, you’re not supposed to persecute them, and you’re not supposed to keep trying to convert them, but rather you are to leave them alone. The reason is that Christians don’t believe that they are the ones who do the actual conversion, but rather the Holy Spirit does, and if the person does not convert because their heart is moved to, then its not going to happen no matter how hard you press them to do so.

Now on to your main questions:

They do it organized and produce a lot of material, for example, recently i saw 36 DVD-set (!!) "exposing" NWO and New Age. And this is just one production.
Now millions fear united world. Think about it - you fear united, non-violent society?

The reason that Christians are generally against the idea of a ‘New World Order’ stems from the prophecies that in the “End Times” a single last world empire would come into existence and be against God. Now there are several different interpretations of that set of prophecy, four to be exact, and two of them don’t believe that there will be a NWO. Its simply that the most vocal of Fundamentalist and Independent Christian groups believe in a school of eschatology called Futurism, which teaches that the in the end, a single Antichrist figure would form a “One World Government”, declare himself god, enforce a “big brother style” Mark of the Beast, persecute the saints, and make war against God. That is why most Christians will not allow a single world government.

Now, I believe in a different type of interpretation which teaches that a final “World Empire” will enforce a “Mark” right before the “End of the World”. Now I don’t believe in an Antichrist figure, nor do I believe that it must be a single government. Rather I believe that it will be a group of governments that never truly merge but are allied under a single controlling source, like the nation states of the old Roman Empire. This system pretty well exists right now, IMHO, so these fundamentalists are going on about something that is most likely never going to occur.

I hope that clears up some of that for you…

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Catholicism and Christianity are same thing for almost anyone, we may know the difference but most people don't.

About One World Government, it is possible. Look at European Union, 490 million of people living in a super-state and without communism, but still much more social than USA. Heck, look at USA, 300 million of people from all the world living united. It's only a matter of time before whole world unites and removes remaining borders and language barriers.

I supported this idea since i was a kid, for simple reason - it always seemed completely normal thing to do. Now i see a lot of adults are scared about it for no reason or mostly because of negative propaganda around it. Stop being so scared. World unity means peace, progress, prosperity and much more.

About Jerusalem rebuilt. Bible study is not my topic, but it's obvious Jerusalem they talk about is from heaven and it's a metaphor for something new.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Catholicism and Christianity are same thing for almost anyone, we may know the difference but most people don't.

ABSOLUTLY NOT!!!!
As a matter of fact many Protestant faiths consider the Roman Catholic Church to be one of the Beasts in Revelations and the Pope to be the Antichrist. If you find this hard to believe, then I suggest reading on the ‘Westminster Confession of Faith”:

Even more controversially, it states that the Pope is the Antichrist, that the Roman Catholic mass is a form of idolatry, and rules out marriage with non-Christians.

This is accepted by a large number of none-catholic Christian faiths. Besides this, are you trying to tell me that just because the majority of folks are ignorant about something it makes it Ok to act as though it is correct?

About One World Government, it is possible. Look at European Union, 490 million of people living in a super-state and without communism, but still much more social than USA. Heck, look at USA, 300 million of people from all the world living united. It's only a matter of time before whole world unites and removes remaining borders and language barriers.

Its never going to happen as the powers and governments themselves will never allow it to occur. No one wants to give up their slice of the pie and be out of a job, now do they? What is much more likely is that one single group that operates in the background will exert influence over those existing governments to make them dance to their agenda. It’s already happening, look at how all of the Allied nations in the “Coalition of the willing” suddenly started passing legislation at the same time for National ID Cards. You think that was simply a coincidence?

It will be just like it was after the fall of the Roman Empire Proper, Rome still was running everything from the background, but they let each country maintain its own local government. The Roman Empire found out that it was much easier to handle a large territory in that way, as having one government try and police the entire thing stretched the resources thin, and caused constant revolts. What I mean by Rome was still running everything, is that every King had a Bishop assigned to him who explained what Rome’s policy was going to be for that Nation, and threatened excommunication on any who disobeyed. As Rome taught there was no salvation outside the Church, no King wanted his people to turn on him for having their whole country sent to Hell. So Rome kept the Royalty under control up until Napoleon.

In the present days, it’s not so much who controls the souls of the masses, as it is who controls the money. That is the real group to be reckoned with, and you can guarantee they will stay nicely hidden in the background, and enforce their policy on the existing nations while letting us think we are not under their control, and are actually free.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
They do argue a lot about Bible translations, just one example: Are the Modern Bible Translations Trustworthy? A lot more on the web. In short - among fundamental Christians KJV from 1611 is the ONLY version they accept.

About Catholicism and Christians, i meant how masses perceive it. People associate both together. They associate the Bible, church, priests, scandals and Christians all together. This is destroying church and attacking believers all around the world right now. Scandals are real and in great numbers. If church doesn't clean itself inside out it will soon go to hell where it belongs. I have nothing else to say about church when they rape children. To hell with church!

About NWO, it is happening and USA is driving towards NAU and after that they will work on uniting NAU, EU and some kind of Asian union. Also Middle East may reach boiling point and WW3 may speedup whole process. With millions of dead, as usual.

Roman empire was destroyed by Christianity in form of church for politics and because of converted people. Empire was weak and faith is a brainwashing virus, so even great empires go away when people are not content and you show them some light.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

They do argue a lot about Bible translations, just one example: Are the Modern Bible Translations Trustworthy? A lot more on the web. In short - among fundamental Christians KJV from 1611 is the ONLY version they accept.

I am guessing that you have never been a Christian of a normal Protestant Faith, or you would realize what a non-factor this is. You are trying to blow this into something that it’s not in order to show dissension between Churches. Mainly it’s the more Cultish Fundamentalist groups that have these types of arguments.

About Catholicism and Christians, i meant how masses perceive it. People associate both together. They associate the Bible, church, priests, scandals and Christians all together.

Yeah they do, but that does not make it correct. In fact I am the first person who will admit that the damage that the Roman Catholic Church has done to all Christianity is phenomenal. Almost every bad thing that the Church is accused of is something that the Roman Catholic Church did. Including:

Empire was weak and faith is a brainwashing virus

Accusing Christianity of being a control factor for the masses.
This is also something that only really exists in the Roman Catholic Church. The Idea that you can control the masses through religion only exists in a groups that:

A) Pushes faith through works.
B) Claims there is no salvation outside that Church.

Both of these things were done by Rome, there is no mainline Protestant faith which teaches either of these things. Protestants teach Salvation through Grace alone, which was why once Luther started the Reformation, all kinds of other groups were able to also stand up to Rome.

About NWO, it is happening and USA is driving towards NAU and after that they will work on uniting NAU, EU and some kind of Asian union. Also Middle East may reach boiling point and WW3 may speedup whole process. With millions of dead, as usual.

Again, read above why this will not happen. There is no reason for the group who is already in control to make itself known and start revolts in every country they now peacefully control. This was the problem with Rome, the reason that their army was stretched so thin was because they had outside forces to fight against, but at the same time they kept having to commit forces to squash rebellions by people who did not want to be ruled by an outside force. A prime example being the Revolt of the Jews in 70 AD, why do you think that they totally destroyed them at that point? Because they had allowed the Jewish people to self rule to a point under Jewish administration such as Herod, but the folks were still not content with the Emperor being the one calling the shots. This is also why the Roman Catholic Church was able to successfully run Europe for so long, because they ruled through influence and not direct intervention while the people were able to still cling to their national pride. What do you think would happen in the US if someone said that we were going to submit to the rule of an outside force?

Again, don’t plan on ever seeing a One World Government beyond what already exists in secret.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
As a Christian i want the NWO to come, that means the beginning of the end for my faith. We are closer to heaven.

As a Non-Christian i do NOT want the NWO. My reasoning is exactly the same reasoning i have against my town. We have ONE supermarket in this town, it is poorly run, poorly looked after and the service is terrible. The problem? There is nowhere else to go, they have the monopoly, we just have to suck it up and put up with it.

A little competition is healthy and keeps everything in check.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The only good NWO is No World Organizations.

posted on Jun, 17 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It's is the seperation of the Love of God that makes most fill confused on this subject, but that's just satan the scapgoat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join