It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is some scary stuff......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
First let me say that i'm all for peace and loving god but it should come from you not anyone else.

That being i couldn't stop laughing at this video even tho it's scarley true this is how some cults operate.....www.youtube.com...

[edit on 13-6-2007 by WhatIsWhat]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I love that video, I have had it bookmarked for a while.Psychology and neural functions are big interests of mine.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yea some people tried this act on me, they tried to induce fear and horror into me, tried to show me there power by spray painting stars all over the place then i see a bunch of them falling from the sky when i walk at night they also tried to use reverse psychology.

My thing is this, if you wanna have a straight up face to face with me and say i'm a sinner and i need to repent at least you were man enough to say it plain and simple as oppose to these kind of tricks, am i perfect heck no i'v sinned so many times i lost count, but when i ask forgivness it's between me and my god and nobody else, do i want peace and love and happiness for all, of course i do and i know there's good in everyone but i wouldn't use tactics like that EVER, everyone in life strives to be a better person and not because of cult/illuminati type tactics.

[edit on 13-6-2007 by WhatIsWhat]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It is scary stuff.

The thing about God and sinning is, and this is my interpretation alone, Jesus came to Earth, and was crucified to cleanse us ALL of our sins. In my belief, Jesus say's I'm already forgiven for what I've done and what I will do before my time is up. No sweat to Jesus, eh?
Here's the rub.
It is also my belief that my Judgement before God, Jesus, all the Saints and everyone ever involved someway in my life, will be the hardest thing to witness because the Judgement will have to come from myself. I have to forgive myself of all my sins.
That is going to be very difficult because at this time, there are sins I've commited that I don't think I can forgive myself for.
Now, since coming to this realization, I've conducted my life very differently. I clutch tightly to The Golden Rule. I conduct myself in a manner that I think would make Jesus say "Right on! That was class!" And maybe, just maybe, I can weigh these all out in Judgement, when it comes, and say "Yeah, that was bad. But, I recognized it AS bad and changed my life to where it wouldn't happen again." I hope, when it becomes time, I CAN forgive myself. As it stands, I've received forgiveness from the individuals I've hurt. I've received forgiveness from God, through his Son's sacrifice.
I'm a harsh Judge though. I'm known to my friends and family as a person with NO problem telling it like it is, as I see it. So, when it comes time, I'm gonna crash my own party, so to speak.
Then, if I pass muster, I can contemplate all of life's mysteries because if I pass the muster, I'll have all those answers.

"The decisions we make, dictate the life we lead".

Danny DeVito said that in the movie "Renaissance Man". It always stuck with me because it's a good analogy. I'm interested in the subject matter in ATS. It intrigues me. I have family ties with all sorts of actual conspiracies. I notice more and more stuff that makes so much sense it truely scares the bejeesus out of me. But if Douglas Adams taught me anything, it was "Don't Panic". I'm not going to go freaking out on anything like the End of the World or Foriegn Invasions or Big Brother because it went on before, and it will go on long after I'm gone and frankly it's fun to watch some of the skittish folk here panic instead. Saves me the energy.
Hang out on ATS. Take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt. Maybe investigate on your own, some of the stuff that really pulls at you. And just don't freak out.
Be cool brother,
Cuhail

P.S. Secret Societies DO exist. And I think 90% of what you hear about ANY secret society is probably exaggerated or fabricated. If they told, it would just be a "Society". Am I right?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yea i agree with ya bro 90 percent are more then likely overexagerated perceptions of such, but not then one i was dealing with, unlike most cults my thing happened on a web site they acted super nice and then tryed to break me down but not only from the web, when the break down process began they started spray painting nasty stuff, and of course like the status quo they did it at my weakest moment when my dad was dying.

Now not all i saw was bad (who knows maybe there were two different groups), but after words like i said i saw some paranormal activity, i was always a believer in the unknown, always believed in god (still do) and conspiracys and such but i liked it better when i just knew rather then seeing some of it.

But i'm like you in that i took a moment of clarity and then said wow look at all this stuff going on, and your right some of it can nag at you if you let it but sometimes it's tuff.

As far as religion gos i'm a believer in that Jesus was the son of god and he did die for our sins, as far as the rest i'm not really sure yet still doing alot of thinking but i do believe god forgives.

top topics

join