It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk pie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You've had a decent meal. Coffee's coming but so is pie. It ends the meal. What pie do you want?

Apple's good, with ice cream or cheese. What else?
Strawberry/rhubarb.
Mincemeat.
Pumpkin.
Blueberry.
Cherry.
Lemon merange.
Kiwi/lime.

You can't go wrong with apple but it isn't my fav. Hot straw/rhub with ice cream is sooooooooooooooooooo good.

On it's own you can't beat blueberry.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
No decent American would touch anything other than Apple pie.

But my favorite is French Silk pie.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Let's see, lemon meringue is my top fave.

But Nation's Burgers had a very brief affair with a peaches and cream pie that was like nothing I'd ever tasted before -- it was so decadently creamy.

Hot apple or cherry pie a la mode is also good in a pinch.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Fruit pies all the way -- I get whatever looks sweet and ripe and put it into a homemade all-butter shell with minimal added stuff. Usually turns out great. I've made some weird fruit combinations too!

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think we should invite our own expert to join this discussion, and enlighten us all on everything pie.

Someone, please invite ThePieMaN.

My favorite is apple, however just about any pie will do, if made the old fashioned way. Except for bird pie, or meat pie, or pot pie.

Does Pizza pie count?

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh! Pot pie! Van de Kamp's used to make the most delectable chicken pot pie. It had nothing in it but chicken and gravy.

The kinds of dinner pies they serve in AUS and NZ are wonderful, too. There's a Kiwi pub in Alameda that imports all the ingredients and makes them according to recipe. Steak and cheese is my favorite!

Uh ... are we supposed to just be discussing dessert?

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My personal favorite is Bumbleberry pie. I assume everyone knows what that is. If not , it is mixed wild berries and apples. Topped with cool whip. MMMM Delicious.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ohh a thread near and dear to my heart. Pie was my late mom's specialty. I haven't had a pie to rival hers since she passed away. She made a pie crust that was just heaven. And over many years she tried to teach others to duplicate it, including my sister and wife, to no avail.

My favorites in no particular order - apple, cherry, peach, gooseberry, rhubarb (no strawberries), strawberry, blueberry, pumpkin, butterscotch, pecan, lemon meringue, key lime. Those were Tier One.

Second tier and still great were mincemeat, blackberry, sugar cream, chocolate.

Rumor had it her banana cream and coconut cream were terriffic, but not being a banana or coconut guy, I couldn't say. She usually made a couple of different pies on Sunday, so there was always one I liked.

Now I want gooseberry pie. Real bad.

[Edit for typo - "micemeat" umm...no]

[edit on 6/12/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm gonna go with peach. I try to stay away from sweets altogether, but when I do eat pie I like peach.

I can eat a peach for hours.

Peace

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
all pie is good, how dare yo all sully the name of pie with this thread, joking i like apple all the way

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All pie is not created equal. There is royalty among them. The pie of highest and most deserving honor is naturally Mincemeat.

Now I have to leave ATS and hit the fridge, 'cause you all have made me hungry.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Thanks so much Intrepid.I just came back from the store with 2 fresh apple pies.Now I know not to read the food forum before going shopping!:shk:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Cheesecake > pie

however The House of Pies is awesome I mean I can get a pie @ 3 am!!!!!

oh how I miss Houston.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It seems as though Key Lime Pie has somehow slipped thru the cracks.

Best served chilled, in Marathon, washed down with a pitcher of Hurricanes.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
GUH!! What did you do that Intrepid!!! Now I'm hungry.... And.. there's no pie for miles.

Blueberry/strawberry/cherry cheese cake yum!! Any of those 3.

Blackberry cobbler with ice cream I'm hooked.

Like peach and apple too.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Oh Leyla, you just reminded me of one. Not really pie though. My grandmother is British. She made this thing called Blueberry Grunt. It's a light pastry with blueberry's and cream, with a little white sugar. ahhhhhhh.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
pecan pie

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Oh Leyla, you just reminded me of one. Not really pie though. My grandmother is British. She made this thing called Blueberry Grunt. It's a light pastry with blueberry's and cream, with a little white sugar. ahhhhhhh.

Stop your gonna make me cry lol...(Me and my big mouth):shk:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
dude no way i WAS JUST thinking about key lime pie hahaha i havent had pie for a looong time though. maybe ill have key lime next month. damn it's so good that and cherry are my fave

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I can almost guarantee that if you try this one; all that fruity stuff will fall by the wayside.

www.bettycrocker.com...

This is what they serve in Heaven!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join