It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albania Welcomes President Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Albanians welcome Dubya

Mr Bush's visit, the first by a US leader to the Balkan state, will have none of the protests that greeted his visits to Germany and Italy.

Tirana was festooned with US flags, welcome banners and posters of a smiling Mr Bush.

During the seven-hour visit, he will get a medal, a street named after him and his picture on stamps.

source

Well that knocks a good few misconceptions on the head. The world over hates the USA?

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I read this earlier and luaghed. I guess they're still under the impression that the USA toppled the USSR.

Remember the Balkin States!

And then they played their national anthem for GW on their new 8 track audio players.

AAC

[edit on 10-6-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There's more.

This has so tickled me.

At home, Bush's job approval rating stands at its all-time low. But here, Prime Minister Sali Berisha said Bush was Albania's "greatest and most distinguished guest we have ever had in all times."

Throngs of people grasped Bush's hands, arms and fingers on the streets of Fushe Kruje, a small town near the airport where he stopped to chat in a cafe with business owners. Unused to such adoring crowds in America, Bush reveled in the attention. He kissed women on the cheek, posed for pictures and signed autographs. Someone reached out and rubbed his gray hair.

"Bushie, Bushie," people shouted.

source

Asked why he is including Albania in his trip, Bush said, "That is a fascinating question. First of all, I want to make sure the Albania people understand that America knows that you exist"

source

[edit on 11/6/07 by SteveR]

[edit on 11/6/07 by SteveR]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Asked why he is including Albania in his trip, Bush said, "That is a fascinating question.

Is it?

First of all, I want to make sure the Albania people

Funniest thing I've ever heard. Rolling. Seriously.

understand that America knows that you exist"

Wait a second. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

AAC

[edit on 11-6-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
His arrogance and ignorance is unprecedented. He went to Albania becasue his administration knew he was popular there, and probobley wanted to make him feel better (and distract him) about the fact he is not in control that his administration has been hijacked by a certain slap head.

[edit on 11-6-2007 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
His arrogance and ignorance is unprecedented. He waent to Albanis becasue his administration knew he was popular there, and probobley wanted to make him feel better (and distract him) about the fact he is not in control that his administration has been hijacked by a certain slap head.

I agree...!

also, he is popular because Albanian media is efficiant just like US MSM in spreading disinfo to their dumb citizens...

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Now I hope US will give Greencards to everyone Albanian citizen.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Bush Watch Stolen in Albania?

The crowd in Albania loved President Bush. But look closely at the video -- what happened to his wristwatch? You can see it on his left arm seconds before he begins to shake hands. Seconds later it is gone. The White House is denying a robbery, saying the President took the watch off himself. But some reports say he didn't notice that the watch was missing until after he returned to his vehicle. Mr. Bush normally wears a $50 Timex.

What a Welcome!

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Can we trade a hundred Albanians for Bush? He can go there, run for office, screw up, and they'll understand America better.

That would help educate the world.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There is a little youtube about his watch beeing stolen

Embedding somehow did not work correctly for me so here is the link

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 12-6-2007 by Zantee]

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In that video, as shocking as it is, a young boy gets ushered into the truck, almost concealed by secret service. Can someone check this out and let me know you opinion. It is toward the very end on the back left of the suberban, two ss agents usher in a small boy.

AAC

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
His watch wasn't stolen, he took it off and put it in his pocket.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I see someone unlocking it from his wrist. He doesn't seem to react. Hilarious.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
In that video, as shocking as it is, a young boy gets ushered into the truck, almost concealed by secret service. Can someone check this out and let me know you opinion. It is toward the very end on the back left of the suberban, two ss agents usher in a small boy.

AAC

Dear God I do see what you are talking about!
How odd is that?

Its a shame Bush cant mingle with his own people like that.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
" Bush dropped his watch, time 00:54!
As you may notice in the video, Bush's wristwatch fell off at some point, but it has been confirmed by media (VizionPlus TV) that it was found by the bodyguards who handed it over to Lady Bush later on. And you will see in many other videos Bush wearing his watch again while entering Air Force One during departure as he waives back to us. If he had a spare watch, most likely it would have been inside the airplane, therefore, there is no doubt that Bush got his original watch back and everything was accidental. So, don't worry, be happy, time is still ticking on and everything is in Bush's hands! Kosovo will be Independent soon, think of 4th July 2007 as the day of happening, where we can celebrate together with Americans, The Independence Day."

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am impress that is actually a place in the world that love Bush, I guess that will be one of the first places that he may consider when he retired after been a president.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am impress that is actually a place in the world that love Bush, I guess that will be one of the first places that he may consider when he retired after been a president.

My thoughts exactly Marg. I bet he is taken with the place and is considering it.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No, no, and no! Bush did not go to Albania because he is popular there...the Balkans are about to be reshaped...Albania will be extended, Kossovo will be a new country, etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No offense, but now we know where they keep "them"

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Can he stay there?

I think they need his "love" more than we need his hate...

He's turned this country into a #hole, let the rest of the world feel our plight (well except Iraq, Afghanistan, and countless other black ops performed during his reign of terror).

Hm...He reminds me of Robespierre during the French Revolution.

"Off with his head."

<<   2 >>

join