It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion SkyQuest XT10 IntelliScope and a SkyScout/ Members List Your TeleScope's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Orion SkyQuest XT10 IntelliScope and a SkyScout.

The SkyScout is a hand held device that tells you what star or planet or deep space object you are looking at.
www.celestron.com...

My good friend and my spiritual father picked up one of these SkyScouts and a Orion SkyQuest XT10 IntelliScope with GPS positioning for over 14,000 deep sky objects.

The moon was our first object and it was magnificant. We looked at the moon for an hour and it was mindblowing.

We next looked at Venus and you could clearly see the cresent shape.

We had some astounding views of Saturn and its rings. We spent a whole hour just staring at Saturn

We went home after that as we had been out for three hours.

We have only gotten out the one time in May with the DOB, But we have been out several times with the SkyScout getting aquainted with the stars as they appear.

We are looking for a whole week this coming week with the DOB. I have a list of deep sky objects we will be looking at and I cannot wait to give back some reports on the different objects to see like M13 in Hercules, the fifth brightest Globular Cluster in the sky.

Some nice conjuctions are coming in June with Saturn and Venus side by side on June 30th in the western sky.

Orion SkyQuest XT10 IntelliScope
www.company7.com...

It was a clear night last night but my friend had family plans so I hit the backyard with my binoculars and caught an Iridium Flare by chance during a psychic experience...here is the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-6-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
*DROOOOOLS*

This is Eric Roels page...

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
he's a dirty dog

Wow what a nice set up
I will visit his page
I am very fortunate to have a friend with a DOB 10inch

Members list your telescopes

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've got a little 3.5" Meade 97D spotting scope.(1000mm)

Not much to look at, but very portable, and still capable of 'wowing' friends and neighbors, with views of Saturns rings, and Jupiters colored bands and moons, even after 20 years.

I'm betting your views are, just a little more detailed, though, JL , with that 10" 'cannon' !

Nice little 'sky grabber' your friend has there.

Here's to clears skies and neck pain relief.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
We got our first pics of Jupitar and its four visible moons.
Also pics of Venus and Saturn too.
The night was awsome and we even seen the ISS/Shuttle in the view finder and eye piece but it flies by real fast.
We also saw some globular clusters ( M13, M4, M44) and some galaxies (M51, M63, M81, M82)
my back was sore, my friends neck was sore, but its worth every second.

Still hoping to see more members gear and favorite deep sky objects

[edit on 15-6-2007 by junglelord]

top topics

join