It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help with a UFO movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I need help locating a UFO movie I saw several years ago on the Sci-Fi Channel. I don't remember the name (obviously!), or any of the actors. I don't know if it was a theatrical release or made-for-TV, although I suspect the latter.

It had to do with a guy who buys an old camera at a yard sale. The camera still has undeveloped film in it; several of the pictures show a landed flying saucer and an attack on the photographer by the saucer's alien crew. The new camera owner begins to investigate; he comes to the attention of some nefarious Men in Black; alarums within, chases and mayhem ensue.

It wasn't a particularly good movie, but I did find it entertaining. The hero of the film was a sort-of Stanton Friedman/Whitley Strieber/Fox Mulder amalgam, wise in the ways of alien incursions and government coverups. He was a real hoot. Like I said, not a classic film, but fun.

Anybody remember this one? Thanks in advance for your help!

Baack

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Did it have the "Lacey Underalls" chick from Caddyshack in it? It might be Out There (in more ways than one).

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Did it have the "Lacey Underalls" chick from Caddyshack in it? It might be Out There (in more ways than one).

Would that it did! Yum Yum. I'll have to put "Out There" in my Netflix queue.

Alas, the movie I'm looking for was not a comedy. It was a straightforward, if not exactly beautifully executed, UFO/alien thriller.

Thanks anyway,
Baack

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
OOooo I was so sure I nailed that one. The plot's virtually identical to what you describe, except for the comedy aspect as I recall. Although I'd guess you'd remember Lacey or at least Billy Bob Thornton. Actually, there are some "names" in that movie you'd likely remember.

Now I'm gonna go nuts trying to find the movie you're talking about.

C'mon film buffs, help us out here.

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
At first I was thinking The Shadow Men, but that was more due to a camping trip....

Honestly, I can't imagine another movie being closer than Out There, that was mentioned. Are you sure this isn't it??? I mean, it's the exact plot you mentioned....

[edit on 19-7-2007 by Gazrok]

top topics

join