It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love the Least and You Will be Rewarded as the Most

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

To be honest, sometimes I learn more from atheists than theists.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
Dudley Field Malone.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
queenannie38, apparently we have two different systems of belief. You seem to support hierarchism, where one individual is "ranked above" another individual.

I support order and organization.
I believe in God.

G ood
O rderly
D irection

I support egalitarianism, where everybody is always equal with everybody else.

On the social level, that is an absolute must. But as far as government and the armed forces is concerned, order is an absolute must. And of course, in business, but that becomes, then, the choice of the business owner.

We are all equal under God and to treat an individual as an unequal is to sin in a way that never goes unpunished. I know this from observation and from 40 years of personal experience.

We are loved the same and treated fairly. We are not all given the same level/degree of responsiblity. You should know this from what the bible says.

We reap what we sow and harvest time is here, my dear. Whether you realize it or not...it is. Firstfruits.

God has never played favorites, never does, and never will.

No doubt.

But HE DOES RUN a TIGHT ship.

Loose ships sink.

Please read this. I think you will find it both interesting and educational.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
queenannie38, thank you for your kind and enlightening criticism. I like criticism when it is kind.

I do, however, believe that hierarchism has many flaws. Taken to extremes, it can cause wars, starvation, racism, prejudice... We all need goals. However, I believe that the goal for all of us should not be to be better than others, but to help everybody equally.

A personal example: I typically received A's in school and college. Later, however, I found out that a lot of students with lower grades than me were more creative. I started eating pieces of humble pie.

Love.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I love that story, The Little Engine That Could. Everyone has moments of being the least. It's when we are loving and kind to the least that we are divine. Some people coming upon a teenage runaway might sell them into slavery, and other's might put them through school. The latter loving the least. Mostly we are called upon to love the least in ourselves. The spirituality of Imperfection where forgiveness is the currency.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
GT - thank you.

I, too, made top grades in school with no effort at all. However, it was a constant thorn in my side because I hated to have it so easy while so many more struggled and strove for less than perfect results.
For this reason I disliked public school - where ONLY the sort of thing I was good at was lauded. I never accepted their system's 'honors' and instead grew up to celebrate the talent in every soul, whatever it may be.

WE ARE ALL special and unique.
And loved.

Clearwater - your words are sublime.

To err is human, to forgive, divine!

God bless you both, I love you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join