This has really been on my mind for a while, why is the school system so F'ed up, i mean we don’t even learn anymore...
Let me just point out some things and later something’s we can do without
- Some schools have a cast system...in the case of columbine it caused 2 boys to go around and shoot up the place.
- Next school is also a place were drugs are sold, i cant tell you how many times i have seen people deal out weed or anything.
- Everyonce in a while we have someone pulling a prank like pulling the fire alarm or getting into a fight, this generally brings out the "mod
mentality" in all of us...For example when there is a fight, no one brakes it up they just yell Fight fight fight"
-Sex, and drinking...oh what a big one do i need to say more.
- the learning system...lets face it how many times have you fallen asleep in class, how many times have you just taken a class not to do anything in
it, sometimes its the teachers that are dicks, sometimes its the way it is taught.
-some teachers don't realize the kids in their class might need extra help, adhd or some stuff
- The cafeteria food is horrible, not to mention that all the socializing and bad rep sometimes happens in the cafeteria.
These are just small segments of how the school system is messed up these days, its not really about learning anymore its about setting up rules for
the kids to follow and busting them.
I think the school and educational system should be changed, I mean there are things we should do without and proven techniques that could help
students be better and learn faster.
I think school should do without the lunch time, it honesty doesn’t do anything, and the food is bad. Also study halls should be taken out, gym or
p.e lets face it it was just a blow off, there should be a more physical aspect to the whole program. Lately I found something interesting called
alpha brain wave learning or speed learning. Basically the whole idea of changing up frequencies so that you go into a learning state,
Just think if we implement these ideas into a school system, if kids were taking Spanish or another language class they could spend about 5 months and
actually learn the language instead of taking up 4 or more years just to be able to understand the basics and what not…some people even after 2-3
years of Spanish still cant even say the Spanish alphabet… I think this will be revolutionary if used in schools, it could help kids that have
problems learning and will be more effective, and I am sure the state can be used in almost every class to understand the criteria better.
So basically what I have is this for the future of the school system
- No more lunch, study halls/free period, useless classes unless you want to get into that field.
- Meditation in school ( just think if this was used since pre-school, kids would have already developed confidence in themselves and learned to
sooth their mind and become one with themselves)
- A more grueling physical class then p.e ( lets face it gym/p.e was a blow off, the future of the people need to be fit and smart…weightlifting,
gymnastics, running, various sports should all be implemented and with the students actually trying)
- Since lunch and the extra periods are gone students will be able to go home early…just like the system in Spain, or school will just be finished
around 1 or 2 and then they could go home
- More individualized attention, guidance counselors should be acquainted with psychology to interact more with the student and get to know them, and
if they need help they will get it.
- Foreign languages should start being taught in elementary school (it is proven that if a child knows more languages that they will learn better)
- Alpha brain wave and other brain wave frequencies should be used in the classroom (this would be helpful for students to understand and know. KNOW
the information because it will be imprinted into their subconscious)
- Better understanding of alcohol, drugs, sex, and these things should be taught as soon as possible, some kids grow up having alcoholic parents and
are abused by this since a young age, so why shouldn’t this be taught at a young age.
- Better security in schools…should I say more you get the idea
I think that if these things are implemented into school systems, they could really have a positive affect on the people of the future. No more will
we see crime and what not in schools, the kids will actually learn better, school will be shorter, and more money will be saved. And we can have a
positive future waiting for us…
[edit on 29-5-2007 by ATSGUY]