It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Lysergical Idea. . .

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I seen the Above Network logo at the bottom.


I dunno if this is part of it, but man.


I'd really love to have a universal log in page, where when I log in, I'm logged into the entire ATSverse....


I get on at work at lot, and I always erase the fact I been here just cuz I dun want co-workers to be like

OMGZ HE IS A LONE WOLF EXTREMIEST


or something like that ya dig?

Is this idea stupid?
Anyone feeling it?

I'd love to see it.



Thoughts?

Por favor, Tres Amigos? Mucho cerveza aqui!!!!







edit: cuz bb size code HATES when you type someting like "He's" cuz apparently apostrophe is a catastrophe

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Lysergic]



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Funny I don't understand what you want, but thanks for pointing out the logo at the end of the page, this is the first time I have seen it.

I guess ATS has grown so much that now is his own network, if is a network why we are still signing to abovetopsecret.com?

It should .net.



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I will second the motion for a central log in/log out point. It is cumbersome to switch back and forth.

Can't we all be just one big happy family?


Like that's gonna' happen!



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm requesting the login procedure is merged, instead of having to log in and out of each individual section of ATS, BTS, PTS....

hell what about DI?



it exists anymore?


central log in would rock is all I am saying I only want to have to type my name once to surf ats and BTS and PTS while I'm on a computer that I dont want saving my internet history.

Does that make sense Marge?



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Does that make sense Marge?


Hell yeah


I back you up now, I don't like having to log in to each site.



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

hell what about DI?

it exists anymore?

It exists, but it's not part of abovetopsecret.com. They are just friends



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
SO said something about it that might explain it...


Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
Why do I have to log into ATS, BTS, and AP separately?

Because they operate under three different domains.

Some users (about 70%) are indeed logged into all three domains when they enter their username and password. We have a bit of custom code that relies on a "challenge and response" redirect to log you into all three domains. However, if your browser does not release referral data in this type of redirect, you'll only get one user-status cookie from the site your're logging into, not one from all three.


Post..



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
well I ain't been to DI in a grip so no problem

I just need my ATSverse ID #



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Btw, I just realized it's not DI, but ID (of course)

www.ignorancedenied.com...


Some of us have logins over there as well. I'm also "Hellmutt" on ID. But I guess you can't be sure that a username over there is the same person as a username on ATS.



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the reference to the other web site. I may visit there time to time. I'm always looking around.

I guess the single click idea is dead. Oh well, soldier on.



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Btw, I just realized it's not DI, but ID (of course)

www.ignorancedenied.com...


Some of us have logins over there as well. I'm also "Hellmutt" on ID. But I guess you can't be sure that a username over there is the same person as a username on ATS.



hmmm

I believe I am Samash, you know, like the SUN GOD.





posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There was a time when the ATS login would log you in to BTS too. Whadda happen there? I don't like it much either. It is a bit tedious. Bring it back to the time when all would be one.

For example you go to "My Favorites" see a thread near the top which is BTS, but hold on, you click and you're only logged into ATS. Now you have to log in, click the back button, when it should just be friendly and fluid.

I guess Mods don't have this problem? I liked it back when it was all inter-linked.

Why did it change btw?



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

There was a time when the ATS login would log you in to BTS too. Whadda happen there?

Please, scroll up...



Originally posted by enjoies05

SO said something about it that might explain it...


Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
Why do I have to log into ATS, BTS, and AP separately?

Because they operate under three different domains.

Some users (about 70%) are indeed logged into all three domains when they enter their username and password. We have a bit of custom code that relies on a "challenge and response" redirect to log you into all three domains. However, if your browser does not release referral data in this type of redirect, you'll only get one user-status cookie from the site your're logging into, not one from all three.


Post..



posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So ok, I use Fire Fox. Can it be made so I can do it? well maybe it works with fire fox i dunno...

I use IE at work so now its kinda moot what I was going to say...


other than I hate IE.



posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Oy, yes someone please do tell how to enable Firefox to log in to ATS BTS and PTS simultaneously. We need to embolden our browsers!

I'm Gravare over at ID
*waves* A good username is never composed entirely from the language you speak natively


Thanks for the lysergically lysergical question, Lys.


--Kit.



posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
I will second the motion for a central log in/log out point. It is cumbersome to switch back and forth.
Can't we all be just one big happy family?

Well, from what I've seen, I think we at ATS treat each other better (for the most part) than the US Government treats its own People...


Geez, it's been so long since I've been to ID that I even forgot it exists...Hold on, I'll be right back!



posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Btw, I just realized it's not DI, but ID (of course)

www.ignorancedenied.com...


Some of us have logins over there as well. I'm also "Hellmutt" on ID. But I guess you can't be sure that a username over there is the same person as a username on ATS.


You are right, you cant 'be sure' but I think many do have their same names there.

Different database and all that sorta rot you know.



posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I agree with them, I do not enjoy logging into eight different things. Please create this.



posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well I use FF2 and when I log on to ATS then move to BTS or PTS I get a pop up that already has my name and password already typed in so it is just a matter of clicking one button and thats all there is to it until I dump the cookie.




top topics



 
5

log in

join