It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A couple observations re: 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
One of the most remarkable things about 911 to me was the symbolic depth. striking the pillars of our culture/country. WTC - economic center. Pentagon - military (not so devastating as WTC), the Capital (oh, that one was brought down - wasnt that lucky...). ________ - our religious center. hmm, didnt think to do that one - in spite of this being a 'holy war' in some sense the terrorists chose to spare the christians... ? yeah. come to think of it, lets look at how a conspiracy might think about planning the attacks...

WTC - obvious. relatively few cronnies on sight. do it early and none of our buddies will be ther cause they cant get up that early. probably lose some incriminating paperwork too. BRING EM DOWN! Pentagon - it'll look good symbolically (we all know those religious wackos are into symbolic stuff), but it wont kill very many - well, so long as we dont hit anything vital, lets do it. i dont remember specifics, but i seem to recall the hit was 'fortunately' in a relatively unpopulated, non-important area. The Capital - uh, Hell NO! that one will be brought down by passengers in an unpopulated area. yeah, that'll be good... A religious center - didnt occur to them cause they too are ingrained with (at least the concept of) separation of church and state, or it was just too blasphemous and better safe than sorry regarding the "hel" thing. Anyway, for whatever reason, they overlooked it like a bunch of retards. one would think that muslim extremests would have hit at least one christian symbol?

Lastly, since then, terrorist attacks don't seem to have so much romantic depth to them. i guess hitting a mosque or a police station is kinda symbolic, but isnt that where the enemy personnel is anyways? symbol or not, isnt that where you try to attack? where the bad guys are? at the time though, i was very impressed by 911 in that they'd bothered to include some thoughtful, symbolic planning as compared to our so often brutish ways... not so much any more...

i dunno, just a thought.

[edit on 5/27/2007 by verbal kint]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oh it's religious, alright, among them thar Bushwhacker inside-jobbers who themselves are very apparently in league with "Muslim" extremists. The real religion is, wittingly or not, Satanism or all militant or miltant-enough monotheism... Wouldn't it be indescribably wonderful if we could end our gargatuan collective emperor-is-buck-naked psychosis by learning HOW our illustrious President believes he was appointed by "God" to invade Iraq (of which the same sociopathic zeal applies to his creating or allowing 9/11)?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
To me all of the symbolism (and way too many of them) speaks for itself and would point to the perpetrators if you ask me, it's not even coincidental, the 11's the 911 date and sum, I don't know who these numbers, the target and the entire numerology plays to as far as the occult or islam? I do not know who all these symbols would be more significant to? can anyone really tally up the symbolism and provide explanation who or what group these mean the most to and for what purpose....this is not coincidence or chance it was on purpose and planned, who these numbers mean the most to would possibly point to those who are responsible, also I never really paid attention to this, but when I was listening to NPR and they were dedicating the benches at the Pentagon memorial they mention that of the children killed 3 of them were, 11 year olds but that is probably more chance than anything in that case I believe.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by phinubian]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
to hit the WTC (i no longer believe there was a serious attempt to hit anywhere else) on "911" is so dorky that only an american would think to do it in an attempt to be ... oooo"symbolic"oooo. i say this as a 100% american. no add-ons, no nothin. you gotta admit, we sure do have a lot of left feet, knees, and elbows.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Do you know anything about Osama at all? He's not a religious fanatic, and neither were the men that planned 9/11.

Christ, ignorance is on the conspiracy-side half the time -- not the masses.

Also, for all of you blithering on about 9/11 being some evil construction -- Care to point out some evidence? All the author did is copy-paste for IgnoranceIsntBliss's post, so there's nothing of actual material here. Not a single conspiracy about 9/11 has ever been proven, just, -- 'Look it! I made a connection!'.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by Iblis]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iblis
Christ, ignorance is on the conspiracy-side half the time -- not the masses.

Maybe I'm not understanding this right but...

If you say half the time ignorance is on the conspiracy side then that leaves the other half on the masses side correct?

So i fail to see what is your point? That there is a 50/50 chance that the conspiracy is right or a 50/50 chance that the official story is right?

Is that what you are saying? or trying to say?

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
part of the problem is that conspiracy theory is exactly that. Theory. It's not conspiracy proof or conspiracy truth. The theories we put forth stay in the mix until some piece of hard evidence rules them out. Have you ever met .005% liar. i mean one that is REALLY good? you cant pin them down. you can't win. So long as they stick to their guns, you will always find some way that their claims could be true. So, no there isn't tremendous amounts of facts and figures, largely because the data often simply doesnt exist, and most people here have lives, families, severe constipation, and so forth. It takes time to find the off center data required to proove conspiracy theories. if you can at all. so we wait until they each get ruled out by a piece of data. Sorry we can't fit the broad patterns we see matching up with the events of our lifetimes into a tiny, indisputable sound bite that is might be easier for you to digest.

And who is cuttin and pasting Ignoranceisntblis's posts? If you're refering to me, i say: Did it occur to you that people, when looking at roughly the same data, may be able to make siimilar extrapolations? i havent had the time to sit down and read everyone of ignorance's posts so if i am repeating an opinion of his... too bad. apparently, it must have been important enough that it needed to be repeated.

and 1 more thing. being on "the conspiracy side" and "the masses side" aren't mutually exclusive. Please clean your yard before pointing a finger at mine. It's not a mess, it's just very complex.

an 1 more thing, i haven't seen1 piece of Indisputable, HARD data that proves the "official" story of 911 either. so phbbbbbbbt!!!!

as a matter of logic, in pliable issues such as these (im gonna go think about this and nail down what makes something provable, but...) it is impossible to PROVE any single explanation (including the official one). all you can do is diprove theories and see what's left. (man, makin me dig back 20 years for this stuff...)

and lastly (we can all pray), what's with your name?
if you switched logins, why? or are you just enamored?
did i spell that right?

~v

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

I was just goin over old threads and enjoyed this one (yikes! i got kinda pis_ed!). However I do think the points being made are important, and worth a look. AND I was struck again by Iblis and have decided to finish my response just for kicks...

My Osama knowledge is virtually irrelevant. 1. whether he is or isn't a religious fanatic in real life is of no consequence - he is painted as one. That's what is shown to the people - which just so happens to be what we were talking about. 2. Osama didn't do it anyway so what provoked so much anti-OP emotion?

At any rate, I hope no one is so vested as to take offense by my diggin this thread up (i do feel a little weird doing so). But if so... ?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
To me all of the symbolism (and way too many of them) speaks for itself and would point to the perpetrators if you ask me, it's not even coincidental, the 11's the 911 date and sum, I don't know who these numbers, the target and the entire numerology plays to as far as the occult or islam? I do not know who all these symbols would be more significant to? can anyone really tally up the symbolism and provide explanation who or what group these mean the most to and for what purpose....this is not coincidence or chance it was on purpose and planned, who these numbers mean the most to would possibly point to those who are responsible, also I never really paid attention to this, but when I was listening to NPR and they were dedicating the benches at the Pentagon memorial they mention that of the children killed 3 of them were, 11 year olds but that is probably more chance than anything in that case I believe.

[edit on 27-5-2007 by phinubian]

yes me too i believe that

new topics

top topics

join