It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frost Advisory Issued for Northern/Central MA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"/O.CON.KBOX.FR.Y.0006.070522T0600Z- 070522T1200Z/ WESTERN FRANKLIN MA- EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA- WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-CHESHIRE NH- WESTERN AND CENTRAL HILLSBOROUGH NH- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHARLEMONT...GREENFIELD... ORANGE... BARRE...FITCHBURG... CHESTERFIELD...AYER...JAFFREY... KEENE... PETERBOROUGH...WEARE 1118 AM EDT MON MAY 21 2007

...FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT TUESDAY...

A FROST ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT TUESDAY FOR NORTHWEST MASSACHUSETTS.

CLEAR SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS WILL ALLOW TEMPERATURES TO FALL INTO THE LOW TO MID 30S EARLY TUESDAY MORNING... RESULTING IN AREAS OF FROST.

A FROST ADVISORY IS ISSUED WHEN FROST IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP DURING THE GROWING SEASON. THOSE WITH AGRICULTURAL INTERESTS ARE ADVISED TO HARVEST OR PROTECT TENDER VEGETATION. ALSO...POTTED PLANTS NORMALLY LEFT OUTDOORS SHOULD BE COVERED OR BROUGHT INSIDE AWAY FROM THE COLD."

This is very bizarre for late May. I remember one year we were getting winter-like weather until April, but this is unprecedented. It seems as if the seasons are getting pushed back(winter didn't fully hit until late january this year, and it just started to get warm a couple weeks ago, but now we're getting frost again)

I don't know who to blame, New England's weather patterns, old man winter, or *GASP* global warming.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by Sacreligion]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I would say naturally occuring sunspot cycles resulting in global warming or global cooling, depending on where you live. It has been downright chilly here as well with temps in the -2 to -4 range at night.Sorry about the metric there.Are you experiencing a seemingly constant cold wind whether sunny and warm or cloudy outside? We have had a constant wind for weeks and I'm beginning to feel what it's like on the east coast.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is the kind of correlation I was looking for ... so perhaps this IS related to whats going on with the Gulf stream.

Here is the gulf stream thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i wouldn't read TOO much into it as it's a one time occurrence(thus far) and temperatures are predicted to level out to normal over the next couple of days, but I figured it was still worth posting as it is an anomaly as far as I can remember(occurring this late in the season, that is)

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i live in Massachusetts, and it was a little chilly on Monday night, but no where near frost temps

we've been having cool fronts from canada for the past week or so, that have recently subsided, with heavy thunderstorms and strong wind gusts

this happens quite frequently in May around here (ever since I've been alive anyway)

nothing really out of the ordinary for this location

posted on May, 24 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here in Florida its been in the 80s during the day and 60s at night.
I love it! I remember when it used to be so humid during this time of the year at night and the days were unbearably humid.

top topics

join