It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rummikub from 17000BC (pic inside!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Thanks for the feedback y'all!!

K i heard the thingy to about the WW1 and WW2 part to but it seems to me that it would be fairly easy for modern science to tell the difference between a drawing made 60 to 100 years ago and one made 19000 years ago.Lex the whole 'cave paintings' are the graffiti of their time.

i have a visit planned next weekend at lascaux to analyze the square. ill try to get inside of the original cave with my girlfriend (she is a historian and maybe they will let us in because of that)Ill keep you guys posted on it.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
Thanks for the feedback y'all!!

K i heard the thingy to about the WW1 and WW2 part to but it seems to me that it would be fairly easy for modern science to tell the difference between a drawing made 60 to 100 years ago and one made 19000 years ago.Lex the whole 'cave paintings' are the graffiti of their time.

i have a visit planned next weekend at lascaux to analyze the square. ill try to get inside of the original cave with my girlfriend (she is a historian and maybe they will let us in because of that)Ill keep you guys posted on it.

you are correct carbon dating should be able to date the original cave art compared to the Graffiti from ww1 and ww2. but if i remember correctly the issue with the dating of the cave (your GF could check into this for us for sure...) is something to do with the moisture and mineral content of the cave.
if i am correct this combination leads to carbon from the rocks seeping out onto the artwork, thus falsely(actually better wording would be it makes it really hard without hurting the art to properly date) dating the material to a period earlier than it was drawn. now I am not saying this is fact but I am fairly certain I remember this being a part of the tour information.

also you should get your Girlfriend to contact [email protected] that is the
email to the french historical culture office, and she should request a visit through the actual site with the archaeologist in charge, (or one of their well trusted understudies!). this should make it much easier for you to get a chance to explore the actual cave...(sizeable donations always work too!)

Coven Out

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wel the whole "trip to the caves" has been moved to a unknown date somewhere july , that said its a pitty cause my girlfriend had made a request tru the museum she works for and had been autorised to enter the caves. But we called those guys and they made no problem with pulling the thing of at another day. So are some guys up here who can tell me how to get evidence on proving those squares are authentic? Are there things some of u guys want to see in a higher resolution? Anything that will give us a hint on what could be don there.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I would really like to see some high quality large digital images of the rummikub, as i think the closer you get to the actual art the more you will see involved in the process, i.e. hidden images etc... maybe we'll get lucky and the art when shown to professionals has a giant alien handing this pattern to a neanderthal

Coven

(i'm not an expert, but I would really appreciate being able to study these photos just for learning purposes... plus maybe it would bring back some precious memories more vividly!)

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I did plan to get higher resolution pics for u guys .
Since it seems that alot of u guys are interrested in the Lascaux-caves. So if we get the chance to put everything on high resolution u guys are gonna be the first to know where to find those pics. I hope they wil give us alot of time. I also have planned a Real virtual tour tru the cave with my camera so u guys could have an idea how it feels to walk tru those old caves. ill keep u guys posted.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hey y'all

After been off for a very long time i'm here with a small update on the matter. My GF and me got in with a guide and all. And the thing was that we had instructions to not use a camera or stuff like that. I tried to shoot some pics with my crappy cellphone but none of them were of any decent quality to feed them hungry members up here. Sorry guys

But.....
After doing some more research on my ancient ufo/alien sighting hobby i suddenly happen to pass on data claiming that cube's are found in certain animals boddy a joints for some bones. And that those cubes have been found in different areas and times true history. It seems they had a religious purpose and were called : Astragali and are still in use with african priest/fortunetellers at present times.

Any1 who knows were i could find some nice pics from those Astragali's

And guys what do u think of those cubes in the pics having a meaning to it somekinda early way of telling us something about the scene of the above images

<< 1   >>

join