It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can We Feed The Hungry Of The World?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Each year, 15 million children die of hunger. A person dies of hunger each 3.6 seconds.

I have many ideas for reducing the terrible incidence of hunger; I will list a few:

1) A universal tax on people with above-poverty incomes in developed countries earmarked for feeding the hungry.

2) A greater production and distribution of Holy books to the impoverished.

3) Government subsidized corporations whose sole purpose is to manufacture and distribute food to the hungry.

4) Universal prayer (by all religious sects and non-religious sects).

5) Missions (by all religious sects and non-religious sects).

6) Government subsidized corporations whose sole purpose is to develop underdeveloped countries.

7) Worldwide education in farming techniques.

Please expand on my list.

Pray for the hungry and remember that, to paraphrase the Bible, how you treat the lowest of the low is how you treat God.

Blessings to the hungry and all!!!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Can't be bothered to look for statistics at the moment, but I've heard that the world produces enough food to feed the entire population.

Why are people starving then? In a word: humanity. There are a lot of wars going on in Africa, both civil and insurgent, and those are the areas with most starvation. Sort out the wars and then aid will be able to get to the people.

Another problem is greed. Corporations don't want to distribute food equally, they want to sell it. Take the money out of the equation and we'll see the food situation sorted out.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
1) A universal tax on people with above-poverty incomes in developed countries earmarked for feeding the hungry.

You think people will elect someone that will add a new tax?

That will just turn them into christians and start holy wars. holy books are useless unless you can eat them.

3) Government subsidized corporations whose sole purpose is to manufacture and distribute food to the hungry.

same as 1)

Don't waste your time.

Already happened during colonisation and nothing good came from it.

6) Government subsidized corporations whose sole purpose is to develop underdeveloped countries.

same as 1)

7) Worldwide education in farming techniques.

You can't grow crops in africa like you can in the usa. Pointless. Unless their GMO's and at that you'll risk upsetting the natural balance and spreading new illness.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
DarkSide, what are your ideas for reducing or solving the horrible problem of world hunger? I will pass any good ideas on.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

DarkSide, what are your ideas for reducing or solving the horrible problem of world hunger? I will pass any good ideas on.

I don't think that can happen unless the world's economic system is changed and the dictatorships/kingdoms that govern most poor countries and actually contribute themselves to the disaster situations their own people live in are removed.

At the moment, I don't know, you can support NGO's...altough they don't have the means to change the situation.

You see, our current food production is largely enough to feed 6 billion humans, however it's not equally distributed, western countries waste tons of food that is not consumed.

Let's face it, things are going to get much worse, by 2050 we will reach 10 billion people, in the meantime, the climate is going to continue changing to the worse, natural resources will continue to run out, water will become more rare leading to more wars, and diseases will spread like wildfire.

And who will be on the frontline? that's right, the poor.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I fail to understand how these three points will feed an empty stomach. All they will do is attempt to convert people from their own beliefs. since I feel everyone's beliefs in (or lack of belief) is just as valid as anyone else's I don't understand how this is right, or how they'll convert prayer and books into food.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How about this

8) stop wasting our money on bombs etc and drop food out of planes on the starving areas, thereby giving it to everyone. The US defence budget is wasted anyway, why not do that?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
How about this

8) stop wasting our money on bombs etc and drop food out of planes on the starving areas, thereby giving it to everyone. The US defence budget is wasted anyway, why not do that?

Because what happens when you dop food is, the local army seizes the food, usually menacing their own starving people to make them leave. Then they use the food to feed their soldiers to aid in the war.

Yes it happens.

There are african governments that actually starve a whole region of their country to get international aid.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
kill all war mongering people and feed them to the poverty people

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
Because what happens when you dop food is, the local army seizes the food, usually menacing their own starving people to make them leave. Then they use the food to feed their soldiers to aid in the war.
Yes it happens.
There are african governments that actually starve a whole region of their country to get international aid.

Yes true, it does, I didn't really think of it. Though we could keep a bit of the US defence budget to bomb Mugabe and his government. of course they already would have if he had oil.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Spiritual Food is much more important than physical food. We can all be comforted by the fact that those who have died of starvation have been fed Spiritually. I hate to see anybody die, especially a child from starvation. However, Spiritual Food lasts for Eternity, while physical food is only a temporal concern. While we experience earthlife, though, we must help others to the best of our capacity. I believe we are justified by Faith AND Acts, with Acts being qualified according to our capacity. Thus, we must to the best of our ability feed the world with Spiritual and physical Food.

Spiritual Food is extremely powerful. What rational mind would not prefer it to the food of this world?

"I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will gives is my flesh for the life of the world." John 6:51

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day." John 6:54

Please feel free to enlighten me and others about feeding others Spiritually and physically.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There's no way in heck that I'll be giving away money to any of these charities. Main reason is that all that will encourage is laziness and to continue reproducing without having the means to support their children or even themselves. War is actually a great thing, it helps tip the scale when it comes to over-population.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Spiritual Food is much more important than physical food.

While I agree with the statement, you can't tell people about God when they're starving. Feed their physical needs first, and then their spiritual.

That's faith in action. Practice what you preach. Too many churches are full of the 'bless the poor and starving' but don't give then anything to eat!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman

While I agree with the statement, you can't tell people about God when they're starving. Feed their physical needs first, and then their spiritual.

That's faith in action. Practice what you preach. Too many churches are full of the 'bless the poor and starving' but don't give then anything to eat!

Spirituality always comes first. The Universe was created by the Holy Spirit (another name for God) not the holy physical. Before you feed a baby or child, you should bless them Spiritually through prayer. You then would be feeding that person Spiritually first and physically second. Just as a pregnant woman before she eats should bless her embryo or fetus Spiritually first, and physically second. Just as a married couple before they conceive an embryo should bless their future baby Spiritually first, and physically second.

When a baby becomes older, he or she can learn to bless himself or herself and others before he or she eats. This ability comes from a Spiritual, not a physical foundation.

Blessings are obtained through prayer and prayer is communion with God, the Infinite Holy Spirit.

Personally, I give Spiritual thanks to God before and after each morsel of food I eat.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I agree with Jimboman. Going into countries that may have their own religious traditions and telling them that they have to espouse yours in order to get fed is the height of arrogance.

When I lived on the street, the Sisters of Mercy used to make us pray for 20 minutes before we'd get fed. Nobody was converted and most people would mock them after the fact. If it wasn't for the simple fact that they were the only soup kitchen to feed dinner on certain nights, nobody would go to them.

I personally get disgusted by people who say, "Hey, I have this lovely hot meal for you, you poor starving reprobate, but before I give it to you, I insist you listen to what I have to say about my superstition. If you don't like it, you can leave with an empty stomach."

Do as your "Christ" did. Take care of the needy then offer your beliefs. If they say no thanks, then move on. Otherwise you're just trying to bribe people to believe in something they could care less about. Starving people need food. They don't need books. Most of them don't want books. And they certainly don't want to be preached at just to eat.

We would sit and poke each other in the ribs and smirk (I'm not proud of some of the things I did on the street). It was disrespectful to the nuns, yes. But I also think it was disrespectful of them to force feed their own beliefs on others in the name of helping them.

Either give willingly, with an open heart and no ulterior motive and hope that the "lost sheep" will find their way on their own, or just leave them alone entirely, IMO.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
I personally get disgusted by people who say, "Hey, I have this lovely hot meal for you, you poor starving reprobate, but before I give it to you, I insist you listen to what I have to say about my superstition.

Wow, your entire post above is one of the ugliest things I've read in a long time. Someone offerers you food (life) but that isn't enough for you...they bought it, prepare it, offer you a place to sit and eat it out of the cold, every week they do this for YOU and you mock and ridicule them because they not only want to save your body but your soul. Forget what YOU believe for a moment, they believe they are trying to save you everlasting soul.

To this day you mock them with your avatar even, seeing no wrong in these things.

Anyway that is your cross to bear weather you realize it or not.

Your story reminds me of story when Satan is tempting the Lord in the desert.

Matthew 4:4

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

I'm glad that you said you were not proud of some of the things you did, I hope that includes all of the things in your post though it didn't sound like that is what you are saying.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by outrider
kill all war mongering people and feed them to the poverty people

what about this idea, its a good one plz plz plz

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It never saved anybody did it?

We can all be comforted by the fact that those who have died of starvation have been fed Spiritually.

:shk::shk::shk:

Instead of wasting cargo space and sending bibles you might as well send food.

And why bibles? you could send korans,torah's, tao te ching's or norse mythology it's all the same thing after all, "spiritual food" !

Spiritual Food is extremely powerful. What rational mind would not prefer it to the food of this world?

Mine. Because the concept of spiritual food is anything but rational.

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day." John 6:54

Does it ever cross your mind that the vast majority of humans on this planet are not christian and do not believe in the bible?

War is actually a great thing, it helps tip the scale when it comes to over-population.

I propose we invade the USA ! After all there's 300 million people there and that contributes to overpopulation :bnghd:

Before you feed a baby or child, you should bless them Spiritually through prayer. You then would be feeding that person Spiritually first and physically second. Just as a pregnant woman before she eats should bless her embryo or fetus

Thou shalt brainwash your beliefs unto your young.

Someone offerers you food (life) but that isn't enough for you...they bought it, prepare it, offer you a place to sit and eat it out of the cold, every week they do this for YOU and you mock and ridicule them because they not only want to save your body but your soul.

People usually earn what they eat, and the house they live in.

To this day you mock them with your avatar even, seeing no wrong in these things.

You have a cross under your avatar, and the word jesus in your signature. Lots of people have images of jesus as their avatar. Why shouldn't one be allowed to have the spaghetti monster if they want to?

[edit on 9-5-2007 by DarkSide]

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The wars and differences would have to stop. There are so many countries that are corrupted and the power of the people taken away from them because of money. We would have to go to war just to get these people out of power and good people into power which will cost money and lifes. So the first step IMO is to bring down the corrupted governments and leaders that are taking advantage of their power. Look at the United Nations and what they did with the money for food program. They just got a slap on the rist for that. Money is the root to all power these days. Second step is to educate the people, which will cost more money. Third: Breed more cows, chickens and set up green houses and water supplies etc....which will cost more money.
Now to do all that it would cost $10,524,187,201,368,548,011.00

So I don't see this happening anytime soon. Maybe disclosure is the only answer. Or get rid of the money system and pay with food, electronics, clothes etc. You know, help the country help you deal. Oh ya, tell people to get off their a*s and work. Get out there and make a difference. If you wait on someone else to do it for you, then you'll be waiting along time, or dieing.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a way to reprocess human fat in to a tasty, edible form
. If anyone thinks they can do this then we could open mobile liposucktion clinics and drive them around the USA sucking the fat from the fat and then feed it to the poor and starving. All of the big food corporations would be kept happy because the fat people probally wouldn't stop eatting just because we sucked 20/30 pounds out of them. I'm sure we could even get sponsorship from civic minded companies like McDonalds and Dairy Queen. I can already see a forthcoming television advertisement "some big fat girl tuckin in to a KFC while having the fat sucked from her arms. "Hello chicken wings bye bye bingo wings"

Hell we could even hold the fat in tanks so some of you more spirituly minded beings could come and prey over it!

Just a thought

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join