It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Flash: I Have No Spare Change

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It boils down to one question really...

"Would you rather help someone that doesn't need the help, or not help someone that did need it?"

Sure, some may be exploiting the generosity of strangers.. but others are genuinely in need. I'm not prepared to turn down those that need the help, in fear that they are the one individual who doesn't need it.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Don't come to Oakland, then, Chissler. Honestly, there are so very many of these folks, and you just can't tell who's running a scam and who's really in need. That's why I'd rather give to a charity that helps the homeless and let them distribute whatever I could spare. I tend to donate clothing and blankets rather than money, though.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If an illegal alien can find work, so can a homeless person. Anybody can dig a hole, or pass out fliers. I've never been homeless, because I've never chosen to be. I dug holes for minimum wage in 100 degree heat one summer, just get by. I have zero sympathy for laziness.

Having said that, I feel bad for the mentally ill. I have been known to feed a homeless person that was retarded. I believe that there should be more government programs to aid those who can't help themselves.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

Lesson the first: Never, under any circumstances, bother a woman with her small children. If you had come any nearer or touched me or mine I would have ripped your throat out with my teeth. Bothering a woman with her kids like that brings out the mama bear, and we are not accountable for what your insistent stupidity may bring.

[edit on 10/5/2007 by deaman88]

Husbands need to understan this too!!! No more Mrs Mummy Bear!!!

Heh heh

[edit on 10/5/2007 by deaman88]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join