It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State Alert - The Police Attack FOX News crew

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I found this video a bit disturbing, I guess it happened yesterday, does anyone have more information on this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This makes me sick. It is one thing for the cops to man handle the people that are aggressive towards them or causing a disturbance, but to attack a female reporter and her female camera operator? That is just an abuse of power. Maybe the publicity from this story will force the LAPD to take some action. Let's hope at least...

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sadly, nothing will come of this. This is in preparation for the coming police state. Freedom of the press - denied! There will some anemic explaination as to why the use of force was necessary and it will be placidly accepted by the majority of Americans. I am disgusted!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting. I suppose they were just waitingin the wings for something to happen. Then when they realized this rally was too peaceful, they decided to add there own excitement to it. Fox news just happened to be in the way. Or possibly they hoped Fox would only cover the story depicting the rally as an unruly group of people and the police were forced to step in.It's too bad about the reporter and camera operater. She will probably lose her job over this report. Unless, this is only the beginning.Police state- how about police world.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That makes me sick too. Especially when usa claims total tolerance and 'democracy(trade mark)' whilst pushing it's missionary values in Europe and Russia. Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom to throw up..I'll be right back

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sucked in fox news whore. This is getting towards the world they've been begging for.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
Sucked in fox news whore. This is getting towards the world they've been begging for.

People like you disgust me.

I believe that the police did an excellent job in wanting to have a 0 tollerence level (especially since most of those fools are not even American..)

HOWEVER.. for no reason should a camera crew be handled that way.. the right to media is being blocked by them throwing cameras to the ground..

One part I found especially disturbing was that the FOX Camera WOMAN was battond in the back of the leg apparently FROM BEHIND.. that is blatant assault on a civilian, no matter how you put it..

I understand dispersing a crowd throwing rocks (thats how this actually started a group of young protesters threw rocks and bottles at police) but they advanced so rapidly because every one started running.. that they where coming upon people who where not even in the vicinity and SHOOTING THEM .. amazing, what police skills.
most of those people it is apparent had no idea what was even happening, yet they where being hit hard, shot, trampled in some occasions..

I hope the city gets a big ol' law suit on their hands. They apparently need to better train their men when to hit, and when not to hit. maybe some sensitivity training lol..

PS this thread deserves some flags

[edit on 5/3/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Rockpuck: you disgust me.

Ok, how many of you folks remember Vietnam and how the cops would send a small group of men into a crowd to start fights and provoke "police intervention" how many of you know about the "black hand anarchists?" That or the "Black Fist Anarchists?" These are also two groups that go into peacefull protests, on behalf of the cops, and start throwing molotovs, rocks, burning cars, smashing windows, looting, etc. There was an FSTV (Free Speech TV) documentary of a protest where this happened and it was found out that they worked for the cops off the record books. Anyway, this is straight out of the Vietnam type happenings, get a group of morons to throw stones, bash some skulls, then pay them after it is over. Just like Vietnam.
Anyway, I doubt that woman is going to have a job much longer after reporting that, the fact it got ONTO FOX NEWS is amazing. Unless this is a publicity stunt by FOX heads are going to roll. I wonder if this protest will be on the independent media... might be able to get some REAL footage of what is going on, as in they were unable to get all the cameras before they started doing their "work" on the crowd.
Here is the sign of the gestapo being ready: when they just waltz into the next protest and shoot people, beat people and gas them, the media is beaten up and all cameras taken.
Woops, they are already doing that!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
LOL Vekar.

Show me the proof and I will side with you.

Conspiracies have a place and a time. Not all situations.

But go ahead, show me the proof these people throwing rocks and bottles (numbered over 100) injuring at least 15 officers where "black head" what ever the hell you want to call them.

What? No proof?

tiresome.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The way the police treated the reporters is truly disgusting. It really pisses me off that they would do that!!! Even if they were with Fox News!!! The cops feel that they have ultimate power, and truly do get a kick out of treating people this way. Police State, might just be closer than we think

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Looks like vans with PRESS written on them are safer in warzones like Iraq and Afghanistan then in the US of frigin A these days.

Imho this behaviour by the police is apaling. The press should be left alone or even protected by these guys, not roughed up and attacked like this.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Want proof Rockpuck? Go back into the ATS database and look up the topic about "protestors burning US soldier in effigy" then turn on your darn TV and watch FSTV sometime. That is where my proof comes from bucko. I recorded the protests on VHS to show to other people, however I cannot transfer that to online. Only suggest that you actually open your eyes and look around once in a while. Turn off FOX, turn ON FSTV and watch Indymedia newsreals and look for the protests and if they get lucky you will see the cops in civilian uniform spying and then you might get LUCKIER and see the Black First Anarchists PEPPERSPRAYING PEOPLE IN THE CROWD AND TRYING TO START FIGHTS! Once again, my sources come from Indymedia newsreals (they are online at indymedia.com/org) and FSTV.org along with other TV programs on the FSTV channel and even on HERE: ATS. There is my proof rock my boy! You see: not all protesters are evil! THAT should blow your mind! (sarcasm off)
Just tune in too FSTV rock my boy, you might learn something!

Anyway back to discussion:
Irony about PRESS safety no? Supposed "terrorists" will not harm a reporter, YET back in the USA they get: gassed, beaten, shot and arrested. Who is more of a "terrorist?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Im sorry your rambling about irrelivant occurances that do not deal with the topic at hand, in any way at all.

If the "big bad boogy men" wanted to really hurt the illegal immigrants they would have allowed the riot to get out of control -- swift laws would have been passed within days making life hell for immigrants.

Your rantings are meaningless and laughable if you call that "proof".

PS. By the way I think it is safe to assume you read maybe the first 3 lines of my original post here huh?

[edit on 5/3/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree that this was an unwarranted use of police force against a predominantly peaceful demonstration...but there are other factors involved.

Did the parade have a permit? Approval to convene?

I know that's silly considering we have the right to peacefully assemble, but sometimes when it comes to crowd control there are so many minor details that can really get overlooked and can give officers the right to behave in an unbecoming manner.

I was at the Seattle WTO riots. and we were ALL informed that Martial Law was enacted - there were parade permits and the like, and some chose to ignore the warning and more or less got what they were hoping for - a fight.

But here - seeing as how I wasn't there, and only have news footage to go by - all I see is unprovoked use of force by guys eager to test out their training and power on unarmed and peaceful civilians.

Still, crowd control training is a difficult matter - and riots can easily erupt at any time, even through the intervention of a small group of dissidents.

As theyused to say when I was a kid "it only take 7 people to incite a riot".

Perhaps the crowds inability to control some of their own warranted police intervention? No clue - wasn't there and didn't see it firsthand.

But the actions of a few of those officers continues to disgust me.

One thing I've learned in protest situations - if you see full riot gear, run - don't walk.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Make sure you people remember this incident.

I hope my information is wrong, but if it is not, that news is only the start of what is to come. Over the next couple of years this will become a more common thing.

Now all that is needed is a well placed bomb or two and the civil war predicted for the US will become a reality.

Did I say civil war, I mean more like people not wanting to live under martial/military law. Freedom will be serverely restricted for the majority of US citizens and most aliens.

It is just another brick in the wall.

It will get worse if the economy gets any more shakey and the people used to unquestioned freedom, will be asked to stay home.

How long do you think people will accept martial law in the US, if that is put in place. Sure, if some other country would be actively attacking the US/North America, but which country in their right mind would do that?

I know, even China would not take that kind of action. They know and understand that scenario all too well.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'm not too afraid of a police state. How many people are there in the US population? Whats the ratio of cops combined with military compared to the civilians. Who has more money. Who has more of an education. The american population.

Police state. Don't make me laugh. Look what happened when one marginaly trained sniper took on the country. One guy held up 10,000 federal officers for months. Look what happened to the police when 2 guys one armed with an AK47 and one with a pistol decided to rob a bank in north hollywood. Look whats happening to the military in the cities in iraq. They're giant targets with very little they can do to prevent any sort of attack. They can only respond after the fact. If americans decided to wage an asymetrical war against our own govt. The govt would be in some serious trouble. Think an iraqi can imagine up a nasty IED wait until a bunch of MIT or UCLA students decide that they've had enough. And put their education to the test.

Police state will only happen from the inside out, insidiously. Fooling the population. Remember Americans may look lazy and complacent like an easy target, but what did the Japanese Admiral tell the Emperor right after they attacked pearl harbor. "I think we just woke a sleeping giant" damn right you did and you got smoked. Remember Iwo Jima. Remember the atom bombs. American determination. The population did this not the police or govt. The people . Americas streangth comes from it's civilians not it's military.

The bottom line is that the police aren't trained nor equiped to handle any sort of real conflict when the playing field is level. They just aren't trained for it. Niether is the military. Sorry. Urban warefare against a educated, very well connected populace won't work. Or at least it never has ever. You can't take a city or country by force without destroying the objective to begin with. What are they going to do. Bomb us? They can't blow up their own inferstructure. Kill everybody, again whats that do to their inferstructure. Enslave us. Well they will attempt to but not through a police state but by controling our zietgiest from the inside out.

just my subjective opinion.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
its the LAPD! (Law At Personal Discretion)

I mean that should say it all.

-Droops:

[edit on 3-5-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Im sorry I don't understand the post, how is this incident a police state alert?

Wouldn't it be more likely IF these people were not allowed to march at all?

Was this news crew getting in the way of police performing their duty?

There are to many unanswered questions for people to be yelling "police state".

Also, does not the LAPD have a history of being violent?

Sorry, I don't by the police state thing.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
WOW
. This is in your face of the reality that our freedoms in America are dimenishing. A full fledge action in a Police State manner. How horrible it is to see that my world that I live in is overran to a manner where there is little that can be done about it. Peaceful protest are taken away...what's next....after the chemical gas, and rubber bullets? Certain Frequency Wave Vehicles rolling up buring people from the inside out?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah I've seen the LAPD do a concentrated effort to cover up the facts revolving around a certain accident that nearly killed 5 people (disfigured one) that was in fact caused by a young 20 something LAPD officer on the corner of De Soto and Ventura Ave in Los Angeles a few years back.

They moved quickly too. Swarmed the place had Hook and Ladder Firetrucks block off the street so no one could see what the investigators were doing. THe accident happened infront of an italian restraunt frequented by people in their 40-60 (lawyers, doctors etc.) and a bar filled with 20-30 year olds. In total there were about 20 corroberating witnesses who saw the accident actually happen. All walks of life and they all agreed. LAPD was reckless, dangerous and nearly cost those people their lives. In fact it was one of those accidents where anybody could just look at the two cars and know what happened and who was at fault it was that obvious.

The other 100 or so people flocking out of the restaraunts were shocked and angry at the attitude of the police and at the seriousnesss of the accident. Elderly people to young were all visibly angry at what the police investigators were asking.

My questioning by the police investigator basically went like this.
"So did you see what happened with this accident?"

"Yeah the cop was parked on the side of the road like any car parked at the meter that night. Had no running lights, no headlights, didn't signal, didn't look, and attempted to make a u turn from a parked position on the side of the largest most popular thuroughfare in this part of the city (he needed to cut across 3 to 4 lanes of opposing traffic to make a u turn) bam! gets broadsided by a car going the speed limit in the slow lane. The car had about 10 feet to react and stop."

" so your saying it was the other dirvers fault"

"NO!!!!! WTF!!!!!! I"M SAYING LIKE THE OTHER 60 PEOPLE YOU INTERVIEWED THAT IT WAS THE COPS FAULT!!!!! YOU STUPID PIECE OF RECTUM FODDER!!!!!"

The news journalists showed up and were turned away by the police which refused to answer any questions and told every body including the news reporters that they would start arresting anybody who stayed at the accident scene.

Expensive lawyers who were eating at the restaurant offered to take the civilian's case and sue the police. Saying that it would be beyond an easy win. Not sure what happened regarding that part afterwards. But low and behold the next day in the LA Times it was stated that a horrible accident occured at that time and location involving 3 civilians and two police officers and that it was the civilians fault. Complete cover up and I along with a hundred other people got to watch it all go down.

Don't believe me? Believe it!!

I'll never forget running up to the cop car which was nearly totalled and telling the officer that he had just been involved in a serious car crash to not move and that help was on it's way. Wanna know what the worthless stupid 24 year old who the hell are you to ever again judge me or anybody you little punk ass with a badge and an insecurity complex said to me when I was attempting to save his life or at least prevent him from paralizing himself for the rest of his worthless pencil dicked puss nutted goat f-ing life?

" get away from my car!!! I'm a police officer!!!!!" What a dumb punk. I resonded with "not right now your not!" and walked away leaving him to his fate so that I could deal with the three girls who were in the other car. One was in such shock that she was crawling around bleeding on her hands and knees in the middle of the street. Another girls face will be permanently scared, and she was pretty too.

Believe me most of the people watching had no qualms about letting his ass rot or bleed to death in his dumb littel cop car. But unlike him we were nice and actually called paramedics to save his reckless ass. In hind sight not sure if we should have, all it did was screw more innocent people over by letting him get away with being a scumbag. The fire department later ended up using the jaws of life to get him out. Too bad they had one available on scene. It might have served a lesson to all other people who want to abuse their authority.

Not saying I'm against cops. To be honest I have a few friends who are cops, and the former Sr. lead officer for that same area is an upstanding woman who I admire greatly. 90% of cops want to do the right things each day, but their are those bad seeds and they cause so much trouble. Sad really it ruins it for most of the law enforcement proffesionals who are doing their jobs correctly.

Remember you serve us, the people, not your police chief or your police buddies nor the mayor. Forget it which I'm sure some cops will and you will get another riot that you can't handle on your hands again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join