It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Moderates vote in 2008 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The title of this thread pretty much says it all.
Which candidates will moderates vote for if any ?
Moderates are in a position to select the best candidate no matter what letter they have next to there name. This is the best approach to take when deciding who will be the best person to lead the US for the next four year instalment.
So throw in your 10 cents by posting in this thread.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards Obama, right now. Hillary just isn't appealing to me at the moment. Now, if we could only get Al Gore to throw his hat in the ring! That's what I'm talking about!

In fact, I think a Gore/Barack ticket would be pure gold!

Sounds leftist, I know. But I have never denied that I'm left of center on most key issues.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I have to agree with Ms Stardust. Hillary is a dead end for Democrats (or should be) for a variety of reasons, most notably because she would divide the left and energized the right like no one else would.

I would prefer Elizabeth Dole over Hillary Clinton if it were simply a matter of voting for a woman, she is at the very least an accomplished moderate conservative where Hillary just comes off as a opportunist.

Obama reminds me of Bill Clinton, whom I had no problem with personally, but he reminds me of him for all the wrong reasons... superficial and a master at sounding good while saying nothing at all... something bush minor is also a master of. I am personally sick of that...I want candidates whose differences are striking who actually say something and have the ommph to deliver.

I really like Edwards but he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell. Bill Richardson is also good but a long shot.

I think what might happen (and actually hoping for it) is that Obama and Clinton so bloody themselves and make such asses of themselves, that by convention time that neither of them will have the votes to get the votes opening the convention up for a dark horse. Into that mess Al Gore could step and walk away with the nomination hands down. I see a Gore/Edwards ticket as the best way forward, or a Gore/Richardson.

There is no one on the conservative side whose running that could even tempt me into voting for them. There are some moderate conservatives I have a great deal of respect for and would consider voting for if running... Olympia Snow and Susan Collins, both of Maine are right at the top of that list. They are both smart, independent and honorable people. I lived in Maine for 20 years and they are very well thought of up there.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by grover]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Apparently...

No one cares how the Moderates will vote... There's no courtship of the only group that could go either way in an election.

I guess pandering to your base is the "new black."

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Im a lifelong Republican. I would vote for Gore/Obama in a heartbeat.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
Apparently...

No one cares how the Moderates will vote... There's no courtship of the only group that could go either way in an election.

I guess pandering to your base is the "new black."

au contraire, friend.

Whoever captures the unalighned middle in this election, will walk away with the prize. That's why Bloomberg actually has a shot.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Im a lifelong Republican. I would vote for Gore/Obama in a heartbeat.

gore/obama? is there something that happened recently that i missed?!?

I voted for gore last time when he was a democrat.. but he seems more robotic now then he did back then.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There's sarcasm in them thar hills...

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Whoever captures the unalighned middle in this election, will walk away with the prize. That's why Bloomberg actually has a shot.

And in the fora of Above politics... While you are exactly right... There is no indication that either party's candidates are willing to eschew their pandering to try and connect with the uncommitted. It may be early, but I'm watching to see who has the guts to break ranks.

Ahhh... What's the difference... They all suck.

Bloomberg has a shot because he can outspend any other candidate.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think moderates are going to be turned off by the Democrats during the primaries. With the crowded Democrat field trying to out-liberal each other to get the nomination, it is going to be easy to throw their campaign speeches right back at them.

Most Independents, just like Republicans, are in the "Silent Majority." You won't see them out protesting America, or supporting the latest left-wing cause. They will sit back and decide to vote for the person that is best for America. That person surely will be a Republican, because the only other option will be Mrs. Bill Clinton.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

quote mm

Ahhh... What's the difference... They all suck.

No truer words were spoken mm.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Both parties continue...

To pander to their base... Ron Paul and his supporters get more play than the Moderates. I don't think as polarized as the 2008 election will be that the Moderates can field candidates that can win, but I do believe that it could set the stage for future elections. One more cycle of dereliction and incompetence will put some doubt, and hopefully a dent in the sipport of the two parties that currently have a stranglehold on American politics.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
: Drum Roll :

Forty-one percent of Florida voters who described themselves as moderates said they voted for McCain, compared to 22 percent for Giuliani.

Romney was looking to more conservative voters for the lion's share of his support.

Among the 1,505 poll respondents, 37 percent of those who called themselves conservative went for Romney. But McCain was only 10 points back at 27 percent. McCain was hoping to stay close enough to Romney among evangelicals and other conservatives to use his bigger lead among moderates for a win.

Source

Well in Florida at least the question seems to have been answered .

Dose anybody have any thoughts on this matter ?

join