It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt's 'Dr. Ruth': Muslims need better sex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Egypt's 'Dr. Ruth': Muslims need better sex

www.cnn.com

CAIRO, Egypt (CNN) -- Dr. Heba Kotb is tackling a taboo in the Arab world unlike anyone else: She's talking about sex openly on a show broadcast all over the Middle East.

It's a big first in these parts of the world, and Kotb leaves little uncovered.

"We talk about masturbation ... sex over the Internet. We talk about sex and Ramadan. We talk about the wedding night," said Kotb. Entitled "The Big Talk," the show is broadcast once a week over a satellite channel from Cairo, Egypt.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Very surprising that this would be allowed to be aired in the Mid East. I was under the impression that this subject was highly taboo, especially coming from a woman. I guess I'm not as aware of their culture as I thought I was.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oddly enough, from what I have gathered, sex is not "taboo", per se, but rather the discussion of in public is and sex outside of marrige.

Within marriage, sex is encouraged and there is little that is "forbidden". It just has to be private and between a man and wife.

It would probably help somewhat though if they did open up a little. There are Islam Q&A sites out there where Muslims ask an Imam questions on various subjects, including sex. The Imam's are open about discussing the subject (perhaps because it is online) and will freely offer advice on many sexual matters. Alot of it is quite funny to read, I might add!

Some of the questions with regards to sex seem to be written by people that are completely naive and have no real understanding of what they can do.

From what I have read, most things are cool, just don't masturbate or engage in bum tricks with the missus and you'll be fine.

here is a link, have a butchers:

Islam Q&A

It is good for many other subjects too. Gives an insight to how Muslim's think and behave.

join