It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these bars??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

These are difficult times, especially for Applause Whores like myself. Trying to buy the friendship of Mods with beer and small sexual favors just doesn't work anymore. It's these damn new Mods with their stupid ethics and honesty.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by Gemwolf]

Careful about bribing the mods, you may end up in ATS prison hidden in area 61.

And what do you mean in regards to small sexual favors? Are you referencing your anatomy or mine?

The new mods are all controlled by aliens, so I think you will have to speak with sleeper to help you learn their ways.

RT

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It used to be if you mouse-over the bar it would tell you how many posts that person has posted. It isn't popping the box up for me anymore since they switched interface. Wonder why. Im using the Light customization.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
lets find a new registrant and make him keep track of his points, applause, etc, track his posts and watch what his bar does. maybe then we can actually calculate the algorithm used to make these cryptic bars.

I hate these bars. They mock my understanding.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My Color Theory
The color of the bar is a factor of the ratio of applauses-to-posts you have AND the number of posts (with the ratio being the more dominant contributer). They start out a dark green and move toward yellow, then red, as your ratio AND/OR post count gets higher.

You have 9 applauses out of 318 posts. A ratio of 28% (high). So even though you have a high ratio, your post count is relatively low, so your bar is still green.

I have 195 applauses out of 7899 posts. A ratio of nearly 25%. A pretty high ratio AND a fairly high post count makes my bar yellow.

Moderator Majic has 110 applauses out of 11,796 posts. A ratio of 9%. A low ratio, but a very high post count makes his bar fairly yellow.

Moderator "The Vagabond" has 183 applauses out of 5135 posts. A ratio of nearly 36%. A very high ratio and fairly high post count gives him a pink-ish bar.

BH, how are you figuring out how many applauses someone has? For that matter, how are you figuring out the post count? It used to pop up when you mouse-overed, but doesn't anymore..

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
BH, how are you figuring out how many applauses someone has? For that matter, how are you figuring out the post count? It used to pop up when you mouse-overed, but doesn't anymore..

Jso its now listed under your personal profile.

Pie

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
we still don't have an official answer as to how the new bar colors work???

jeez

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks, PieMan... I should've known that.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok, I just got three more applauses... which of course bumps my points up...

BUT MY BAR IS THE SAME SIZE AND COLOR!!

**scratches head**

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hum, I don't get the applause thing in relation to the bars, perhaps more like the longer you have been around and the posts you have.

I have only 100 applauses, my first line is neon green and my second one is a pretty baby blue and pretty visible.

So I am kind of confuse . . .

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There was some speculation that the first bar has to do with a ratio between post count and applause. The second bar is always blue, and starts when you roll over 10,000 posts.

Read back a few pages to see the theories.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I just got another three applauses today. My bar is still the same length and color.

I'm thinking that applause doesnt have much to do with em...

Anybody have anymore ideas on the top bar? I'm not happy with mine.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
I just got another three applauses today. My bar is still the same length and color.

I'm thinking that applause doesnt have much to do with em...

Anybody have anymore ideas on the top bar? I'm not happy with mine.

Keep in mind that they're using Hex colours. Meaning that a variation in a single point in colour (i.e. #284E98 and #284E99 is two different shades of blue) is so small that you won't notice it with the naked eye. You'll have to take a screenshot of your bar, and then you can compare with your bar again after at least 5 more applauses to notice a difference.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well, yeah that makes sense. I still think the color is the same though!
I'll keep an eye on it, and record my current HEX color from the source.

With as few posts and such as I have, my ratios are heavily influenced by small numbers... like me getting 6 applauses within 48 hous has a much bigger effect on my post/applause ratio than it would for someone with years worth of posts.

I'll keep an eye on my bar and see If I can deduce what causes it to change... there are some good theories in this thread - maybe one of them is right!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join