It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What evidence would permanently sink religion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I completely agree actually. Exactly Nothing will sink religion. Do you know what Nothing would do to religion?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
...uncanny coincidence but just as I posted in this thread I checked my mail and a friend of mine had sent this link to a video:

It's a humourous satire done onto the mormons of Saltlake City

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I agree nothing can sink religion right now, no because it can or not be prove . . . but rather because the religious believers of today are into the faith aspect of it.

Faith is what feed the believers soul.

But you can have faith without the dogma of any one religion. This I know to be true because I am one of those people.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
No one is even addressing the questions I asked. If the "Son of God" is an allegory for the sun, then how did the sun raise Lazarus from the dead and turn water into wine at a wedding?

Ah, my God... WRONG THREAD!!
:shk: Dummy... Sorry folks.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't think it's possible to prove or disprove the existence of God or multiple gods. At least for humans. We don't even fully understand our own mind, so maybe we just don't have the capability to comprehend exactly how the universe works and what it is and where it came from. We need to stop thinking 3 dimensionaly as Doc Brown would say.

I feel it may be possible to prove or disprove certain facts within a certain religion though (such as inventing a time machine and witnessing historical events).

[edit on 24-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What can sink religion, itself, modern day religion is based on lies, false hoods and deciet. Religions main objective is to control the herd and is for the weak minded, those who are easily manipulated or wish to be so.

If mankind needed a religion then it should be of the Pagan type, that is to respect al life and the planet we call home. Religion today is dying, its either used by extremists to pursue their agenda or peopl have given up on it altogether.

We can all repsect life, each other and our environment we dont need anyone to tell us to do so. People need to look at the bigger picture and realise that the universe is teeming with life and its not just here on earth as the bible punchers would have it.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nothing can fully sink religion, why?

FAITH is based upon HOPE / THOUGHTS / OPINIONS / FANTASIES etc. etc.

How can you SINK something that is based upon something that has no boundaries?

It's like trying to prove that fiction is false, how are you going to do that? It's impossible.

You cannot change someone's mindset with a mere physical object, you'd need to brainwash something, which means, affecting the mental part.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
No one is even addressing the questions I asked. If the "Son of God" is an allegory for the sun, then how did the sun raise Lazarus from the dead and turn water into wine at a wedding?

The prophet Issa/Jesus was able to do that because he had a Gift of Healing and Telekinesis given to him from millions of basically spiritual discarnates or angels of the yellow light. They represented a community of people in the Mid Realms of Spirit (where Jesus came from) who voted him to be their chosen prophet to fulfill Old Testament messianic prophecy. He did this successfully BECAUSE of their Gifts of the Spirit. Without those Gifts, he probably would not even be remembered and would not have been revered as a great prophet in India after the purported crucifixion.

Issa/Jus Asaf Escaped Death On The Cross & Died In India At 80 After Proclaiming To Be The Galilean Messiah

You don't have to be a God or even a god to do minor telekinetic miracles that are found in all the world's traditional religions. All you need is a large Group Entity of people on the Other Side who are devoted to using their combined energies to grant you a Gift of Healing and Telekinesis.

Gifts of that nature are arranged well before birth.

What would indicate that someone represents the power of a God that can manifest billions of galaxies? Like The Original Creator who orchestrated The Big Bang?

A really good indication would be the simultaneous healing of millions of people at once. Something that no prophet in history has been able to pull off.

Doing so would indicate the power of a God and not just an angel prophet.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Paul Richard, thanks for responding to my post..
However, I should have posted it in another thread...
My mistake.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Paul Richard, thanks for responding to my post..
However, I should have posted it in another thread...
My mistake.

Anytime.

Bet you didn't expect that metaphysical response.

The idea you espouse that the miracles attributed to Issa/Jesus points to him being God is a strong argument that many use as proof of the validity of Christianity. In light of that, I don't think it really detracts from the basic topic of this thread. Some may disagree.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by andysutherland
What item of evidence would be enough to irrefutably shoot down the notion of any kind of God/afterlife/spirituality once and for all?

Well, simply put, if I have real faith there is no evidence that can shoot down my belief in God/afterlife/spirituality. Someone who loses faith so easily never really had it in the first place.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
The idea you espouse that the miracles attributed to Issa/Jesus points to him being God is a strong argument that many use as proof of the validity of Christianity. In light of that, I don't think it really detracts from the basic topic of this thread. Some may disagree.

Well, Paul, I personally look at Jesus as being the SON of God, but, I don't equate SON with sun.. I just don't really see the correlation there. I personally view God the father and Jesus the Son as different.

P.S: I love metaphysics. I always enjoy your posts, Paul. Much of what you say correlates with a lot of my own personal beliefs,so, just keep on keeping on.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
if science could disprove every single spiritual tennent of every single religion it still wouldn't sink religion, the problem is that so many are just fanatically deluded by their belief system to the point that they won't see anything scientific.

the other day i had a woman try to tell me that they dated the age of the earth down to INDIVIDUAL DAYS and found that there was a "missing day" in the earth's history. i told her that it is impossible to date the earth with that level of precision with our current dating methods, so she told me "you know not what you speak of" even as i supported my statements using my fairly decent knowledge of geological dating methods.

she just wouldn't accept science over her faith

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Buck up and get a spine, noone controls your actions other than yourself.

Some schizophrenics would prove that theory wrong. Your actions are an extension of your beliefs. If someone inserted their thoughts into your mind, how would you tell the difference between what you believe and what some other entity believes?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
the other day i had a woman try to tell me that they dated the age of the earth down to INDIVIDUAL DAYS and found that there was a "missing day" in the earth's history. i told her that it is impossible to date the earth with that level of precision with our current dating methods, so she told me "you know not what you speak of" even as i supported my statements using my fairly decent knowledge of geological dating methods.

she just wouldn't accept science over her faith

Madness, that sound like the variant of that story of NASA using sophisticated software and finding the missing day of the Old Testament.......total nonsense that cannot be proven by science or software.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
IF nothing else religion proves how easy it is for humans to be totally brainwashed. People who wont believe in myths, legends or hard facts but will believe the fairy tales of religion.

To me people who believe in religion are of the same mind set as soap viewers, they actualy believe the characters are real as in real life.

Just think of how peacful the world would be without all this religeous dogman and mind control.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Proof beyond a reasonable doubt that a higher powers doesn't exit would sink religion for sure. No doubt some other organisation would take the place of organised religion role of brain washing the masses.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well, Paul, I personally look at Jesus as being the SON of God, but, I don't equate SON with sun.. I just don't really see the correlation there. I personally view God the father and Jesus the Son as different.

Point well taken.

Catholics believe in a "holy trinity" whereby the father, son, and "holy spirit" are all of equal divine status and just different aspects of the same God being. While Protestants like yourself regard Jesus as the SON of God only and not on a par in divinity with God Himself.

Regardless, in Christendom, whether Jesus is the SON of God or on a par with God, he is looked upon as divine and the main go-between between God The Father and humankind.

So...

The argument that the miracles attributed to Jesus/Issa offers evidence that he is the SON of God or on a par with God in a holy trinity, is a strong one. But when one examines the many miracles that are documented in history (and there are probably many more that have not been noted or which the records were lost) there are degrees of miraculous events and many of these are mirrored in the world's traditional religions.

For example, did you know that there are actually Islamic miracles of healing that have occurred? Many would consider that strange but they have been documented. This doesn't happen all the time but some Muslims have found that when pages of Koran verses are ripped up and allowed to dissolve in water, then that water, when consumed, has shown healing properties.

In my opinion, none of the miracles that are directly associated with any religious figure point to a God or god in our midst. Major miracles - like healing millions of people at once or ending world hunger - have yet to occur and that is something that really needs to happen in order to settle the matter once and for all.

P.S: I love metaphysics. I always enjoy your posts, Paul. Much of what you say correlates with a lot of my own personal beliefs,so, just keep on keeping on.

Thanks.

Perhaps we have some common ground in our perspective although I am not sure I know where that is.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There are too many religions and sub religions, cults, controlling the planet now anyway, I guess the only true way to eliminate them would be the total enilation of the planet. Or for EVERYONE to become enlightened at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Personally, science doesn't really conflict with what I believe spiritually. Therefore, there is nothing that science can provide that can dissuade me from what I already believe.

Of course, you know,madness, I am not the typical believer, so, we need not even go there.

This lady you talked to is a prime example of what is wrong with religion. They refuse to change their views. Instead of them viewing science as something that strengthens their beliefs, they view it as something that weakens it. That, in my honest opinion, is rather sad and disgraceful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join