I'm thinking about getting a puppy, and of course I'm doing as much research as possible to find a dog that would fit my lifestyle. I'm rather fond
of Schnauzers in particular (miniture or standard) and I was wondering how demanding they are as pets. I know they need regular grooming, and like
most small dogs like to be active - but I also know that many guides can over exaggerate, to really make you think.
I'm also quite fond of Papillions, most because their very cute - but also I read there quite easy to look after.
These are just two breed that I know, and would like advice from dog owners on what breed may be right for me. I'll list my life style, and was
traits I'd quite like.
- Fairly small, about the size of a standard Schnauzer is my limit, due to the size of my house.
- I'd quite like a dog that doesn't mind being left on its own - I will be able to stay at home and look after while it is a puppy, but eventually
I'll have to start working lol.
- I have time for walks, but I'd like a dog thats active enough to most excersize itself around the house. What I mean is, i don't want a breed that
I'll have to take for walks the length of yorkshire
- I have a park near by, and I know from my neighbours dog that I have a garden big enough to entertain a dog the size of a schnauzer.
- I have time to groom a dog, but I'd quite like a dog that I can groom easily enough at home - rather than have to call in an expert.
- I'm a first time dog owner, so I'd quite like an easy breed to train.
Anyway, i guess thats all. Please give me any advice on what breed might suit me. Oh yes, I'll also add it that I don't want to pay the earth for
the puppy, £500 is my limit.
Any other question, please just ask ^^