It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

glock full auto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Im really on the fence between 1 shot 1 kill and auto-blasting.

Each have their purposes - sending a lot of rounds down range may not necessarily take out the target but will suppress him from poknig up from cover to return as long as there are hits around his general area (1-2 metres).

Luckily I was issued (as is most in Australia) with a F88 AuStyr which doesnt have the traditional Rock 'n' Roll box but a selective trigger that depending on how hard you pull on the trigger either goes single shot or auto (depending on pressure alone).

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Wow! That was some awesome fire power. Me I like my Glock 17(9mm) just fine. I suck, but if I am shooting at what I am aiming at, I would hope I come out on top. One thing for sure, the person who breaks in better pray I'm not home that night. I have a 2nd shift 12 hour job. I only have 2 mags, and I need to get more. A local store has 9mm rds @$15.00 per box. I was going to pick up about 5 or 6...lol! Wanna go hunting?

troylawson

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
That looks like a fun toy.It proves how almost indestructible they are.
I guess next step is to mount it and try it with a chain feed.

You wouldn't hit much with it at a distance but would shred anything close range.This is a drive by toy.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good day,

Thanks for posting the link to the video. It made me want to get up and go to the range. For a moment I even thought I had a scent of cordite.

I have two points I would like to raise about the weapon.

1. This looks like a really fun weapon to have on the range. For anyone who has never fired a weapon that is fully automatic this would be a fantastic experience to realize how much weapons do climb and how inaccurate full auto is. I can't see any real purpose for this weapon outside of a range day for a civilian.

2. I can see the advantages in having this weapon for a close protection services. It's compact and has a high rate of fire. If the weapon is used by a properly trained person short bursts can be very effective at suppression. Imo it would be used to push back a crowd or a to force the attacking forces to take cover there by giving the person under protection to move to a more secure area or into an escape vehicle.

Personally I would chose a weapon with longer barrel and a round that has more kinetic energy.

Thanks for your time,

Arcticnull

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join