It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ismail Ax- VT shooting linked to terrorism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
When this story first broke, I foound it odd that one person killed so many. That is alot of people. The original loner theory seemed approprite, but now a video has surfaced that was sent by the gunman during hte 2 hours after the first shooting.

The police responses was correct and the lockdown was issued according to school officials. Nothing strange there. But the video that I have seen, edited, talks about how much he hates the rich, the snobs, basically the Americans in his school, and then talks of how we F#### his "brothers and sisters" and it has come to this.

I have long felt that an attack such as this on a college or high school was imminent and now it has happened. Could the government be censoring that in order ot not cause panic or retaliation against Muslims? Why would he say 'brothers and sisters"? He was from South Korea and had lived here for over a decade so I cannot see that. So I decided to search a little and found that he has something scrawled on the insdie of one arm.

"Ismail Ax" which roughly means...

a) Ibrahim's (Abraham) near sacrifice of Ismail (Ishmael) in the Islamic tradition, where he may have used an "ax" (more commonly "knife")

link

It is mentioned in the above link
b) Ibrahim's destruction of idols with an "ax" (more commonly "club")

Soes anyone else have an opinion on this or am I looking to far into this? Could this be the first of many? the scariest part is he says he did it for his brothers and sisters. More is coming out by the minute and I read CAIR has issued a statement.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by esdad71]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think if there's a link to Islamic terrorism, it was only in his own mind. From what I've heard, crazy people who want to kill tend to legitimize their thoughts by identifying with other people that kill. The killers getting the most press coverage nowadays are Islamic terrorists, so he may just have been somewhat copycatting them although not really linked in any real way. He also identified with the Columbine high school mass murderers.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Homegrown terrorism. He has lived here for over a decade. Lonely children/people see an ideology and can take it too far.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This "Ismail Ax" subject has been burning up the blogosphere. I'm surprised this thread has not been started yet.....

I've read rumors that Cho used this "Ismail Ax" as his name on gaming sites. Also rumors that he was a Muslim extremist.......nobody knows for sure. What I do know is that the media is oddly silent about it which is odd due to the fact that it was written in red ink on Cho's arm when they found him dead. Seems fairly significant to me......

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It seems that he also signed his manifesto with this signature. There is something that is not being told which tells us that this is not some type of false flag operation to fuel the Iranian fire that will commence.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
there's a recent article reporting on the NBC package he sent.

news.yahoo.com...

in the report there is an interesting sentence by Cho

... to inspire generations of the weak and defenseless people."

now, to my perspective, they (the weak & defenseless) are the
'Brothers and Sisters' you quoted him as saying, and theorizing
he must mean the Jihadists or Islamics as 'Brothers and Sisters'....

also, in my perspective, the "Ismail" may be more the detached
Ismail narriator of the Moby-Dick tale of perdition & assassination,
he donned that personality and also acted out the role of Ahab in
slaying the great white leviathon/beast
Cho could do both, because he was schizo.
hence the inked but aborted identification which might have read 'Ismail Ahab' but instead he 'X'd after the 'A'...because of his inner conflict
with his 'Christ' identification as a slain prophet/messenger/icon

never mind the last parts...
but give consideration on the 'brothers & sisters' = 'weak & defenseless'
rather than bringing in Muslims or Jihadists as bro's & sis's

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A south korean muslim? I doubt it... S. Koreans are generally Christians. Also, didn't he refer to himself dying like Jesus or something...

I don't think this has to do with Islam.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Reading through all the people that were killed... with only a few exceptions, a lot of these kids were very bright, very successful, and very well liked.

It could be just the general outsider rage which tends to eat up the insides of people that are looking in on happy students going about their lives...

I just wonder, sometimes, if maybe someone is screwing with people's heads.... either chemically or electronically somehow. Basically throwing a switch in already unstable people and causing them to kill targeted individuals.

Wondering is about as far as I'll go with such paranoia though...

It just seems so strange and... whimsical that the majority of those killed were on the road to being definite somebody's.

But then again, maybe it isn't so strange.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Beltway sniper-Islam
trolley Sqaure(Salt Lake City)- Islam
UNC SUV attack- Islam
University of Oklahoma-Islam
VT attack-???

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
People trying to link this kid with Islam have lost their minds. When we Muslims do something, there will be no ambiguity. We will tell you in CLEAR TERMS that we did it.

This kid was talking about being crucified like Jesus. Muslims do not believe that Jesus was crucified. So....let it go.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It is not the fact that on some level he believed in a Islam that meant what was right to him, jsut as a conservative may take a shot at an abortion doctor. Extremes that use something in the incorrect context.

However, extremist Islam will prey upon those who are weak in my, soul and body. He talks about how "you" crucified me, but then states he did it for his brothers and sisters. The only 2 contexts I hear that in are suciide bombers and urban dwellers like my friends back in NY.

Also makes me a little uneasy when you tell me, and the rest of us, you will let us know when it is you. Sounds like threat, no?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lol...just looking for a reason to come after another Muslim. I'll ignore that.

He also uses the term "his children." Yet, he had no woman, and he has no children. Brothers and sisters can be used by anyone. He might have been referring to the Columbine kids as his brothers. He called them martyrs.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I look no further than 9/11 or the Pearl beheading when looking at radical Islam. As in eveyr religion, there is a degree of fanaticism that can be look at in many different ways.

Whether he was a Jew, Muslim or a Catholic, the fact is that he did what he did. Why did they not release the entire tape?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Whether he was a Jew, Muslim or a Catholic, the fact is that he did what he did. Why did they not release the entire tape?

Alright...so we can stop blaming Islam for this kid then. Good.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The term "brothers" and "sisters" implied other people who were bullied at schools. I find it very funny that you try to link Islam to him. "Ismael" is a name used in many countries, and last I checked "ax" isn't an Arabic word. For all you know, he could have been referring to a friend or as suggested, a online video game screen name.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
Reading through all the people that were killed... with only a few exceptions, a lot of these kids were very bright, very successful, and very well liked.

It could be just the general outsider rage which tends to eat up the insides of people that are looking in on happy students going about their lives...

I just wonder, sometimes, if maybe someone is screwing with people's heads.... either chemically or electronically somehow. Basically throwing a switch in already unstable people and causing them to kill targeted individuals.

Wondering is about as far as I'll go with such paranoia though...

It just seems so strange and... whimsical that the majority of those killed were on the road to being definite somebody's.

But then again, maybe it isn't so strange.

Anytime anybody dies tragically, they become "the nicest most helpful brightest happiest amazing human being you would ever meet".

Call me cynical, but it's doubly so the case when you talk about anyone young.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
All you people should step back and think back to when you yourself were in school:

Remember the bullying?

Remember the different groups? The sportstars, the sportstars chicks, the nerds, the alternative peopele, the skaters....

Remember the sportlers were the top dogs who bullied the alternatives/everyone else else but at the same time were looked up on by the others?

Now what happens when 1 person gets pushed too far and he himself is mentally ill?

Thinkabout this for a moment!

Maybe its time to change this instead of blaming it on video games, drugs, guns etc

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
so far I've been told to go to hell for suggesting this, but I find the spelling of "Ax" interesting -

in one of the plays he wrote "Mr. Brownstone", he makes a huge reference to a Guns N Roses song by the same title.

I think Ax shares the double entendre with Axl Rose, despite the fact Mr. Brownstone was in fact written by Izzy and the other creep in the band, Slash.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Islam? Everyone wants to find a link to Islam so they could have something to blame. This has nothing to do with Islam, the guy was south korean, how many south korean muslims are there? Also referring yoursel to Christ is not something an Islamic would say.

Oh and heres the big one.... If he is a MUSLIM like you say and he blames the rich for killing his brothers and sisters??? Then why oh why did he kill his fellow muslims???

Ross Abdallah Alameddine
Waleed Mohamed Shaala

Did you hear this on Fox News?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by unconscious_war]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
It seems that he also signed his manifesto with this signature. There is something that is not being told which tells us that this is not some type of false flag operation to fuel the Iranian fire that will commence.

oh for goodness sakes. you had a sick kid who went of the deep end, and now you tie it to Iran?

Maybe the reason they arent talking about the Ishmael Ax is b/c they dont know?

Come on, get the conspiract nonsense away from your minds for 1 second

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join