It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Tech the Next New Orleans Saints?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You remember the New Orleans Saints last year. They fed off the cities emotions, and reached new levels of greatness for their franchise. They were so close to the Super Bowl for the first time, they could taste it.

Virginia Techs football team was already considered a top 5, or top 10 preseason team. Now with the emotions that are going through the Virginia Tech campus, next years team could be a rally point. Through out history people have played greater, worked harder when they felt they were fighting for everyone at their home.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Everybody afraid to touch this one.

I'm just saying they might have a big year. Teams that go through something really bad happening to there friends our school, can rise up and play above themselves.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
People shouldnt link sports to tragedies.
New Orleans didnt win by feeding off the emotion of the fans.
They won by spending lots of many on quality free agents and by drafting Reggie Bush.New Orleans wasnt a team of destiny,they were a team of great players.
And to those players on N.O who said "God brought them there" and "he wanted to be a part of the city",is full of it.
Money brought them there,period.
New Orleans would have done just as well had Katrina not happened.

As for VT,if they do well this year,it will be because of the talent.
There pre season rating already vouches for that.

Mourning isnt done done by winning games and scoring points.
Its done inside a person.
Its like,if VT dosent win alot this year,would it be due to a lack of emotion?NO.

It seems as if the media and sports(afterall,sports is a business nowdays)as well as, politicians are far to quick to prostitute a tragedy.Anytrhing to get ratings or just to get there faces on tv.

VT sports teams shouldnt have to have there abilities and acomplishments be overshadowed by the shootings.The shootings should be left to the people and not to the spotlight of sports.

9/11 was prostituted in every sport in 01-02,to the point it got sickening.

SO to answer your question,No.
VT's accomplishments will have nothing to do with the shootings,except for the fact it will overshadow everything they do.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
After the Marshall airplane crash in the 70's that killed everyone on the team. The next team played with them in their hearts. They played above themselves.

After Katrina LSU seemed to be able to pull game out of their
winning a couple "Miracle" like games. They played above themselves.

The Saints fed off the emotions of a city that was trying not to die, looking for a little hope. They won more playoff games, got farther than they ever have before. I remember the Atlanta game on Monday Night. I've never seen a crowd feed a team like that. The Falcon were suppost to wipe the Saints with their shoes. The Saints crushed them.

What I'm saying is after major trama's to a School, City, etc. The teams of that city can do one of two things. Fall completely apart, or go off.

I saying Virginia Tech is going to do one of two things.

A. Completely fall apart and finish 6-5, 5-6

B. Going to go off and be in National Title hunt

Mark my words its the truth.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
With what Va. Tech went through on Monday should go down as one of the sickest acts in world history. I am speaking from experience as to how frustrating it was to find out anything on anyone. I was worried about some of my old high school mates that went to Va. Tech. The good news about that is that none of them were injured or killed unlike so many others.

As for the Hokies being the next New Orleans Saints, it could happen this year. The did go through a collapse last year with Marcus "Steppin' On Hands" Vick. It would not surprise me if Va. Tech did become a title contender. The New Orleans Saints did feed off of the hope that the citizens of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana and we saw where they ended up. People even said that the Saints wouldn't make it as deep into the NFL Playoffs as they did, and what did they do? They were one game away from going to the Super Bowl in Miami.

If I were the pollsters this season, I would be on the lookout for Va. Tech now because of what happened. Hopefully, the Hokies can do the same thing that the Saints did last year.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Got alot better when they cut that "Cancer" who is the Artist formerly known as a member of the Vick family. Man he was a self entitled

new topics

top topics

join