It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Psy Ops?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Something I've always found interesting, is the psychological operations conducted during war to influence the enemies frame of mind. I read in Vietnam where these special operators would conduct very subtle operations, such as dropping fabric into enemy territory that were only the colors of the other sides flag, knowing the poor villagers would use this desperatly needed fabric to make clothes for their children. They would also locate high political leaders and send them vague letters that seemed to be in code, knowing full well their mail was being monitored for traitors. Birthday cards would be sent to leaders from fictional relatives, raising suspicion. The next thing you know, these people would simply dissapear.

More obviouse operations included dropping huge condoms in enemy territory supposedly for our troops, making the enemy feel inferrior and terrified of us.

I haven't heard of anything lately that has been going on, ofcourse these operations are super secret but i know they must be going on in the middle east. I would love to hear what these guys are cooking up.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I think one of the funniest psychological operations I've witnessed while serving in the army took place a couple of years ago while deployed with a special operations unit, we had a First Sergeant that outfitted the north end of our base camp with large speakers and played heavy metal music as loud as he could for long periods of time and would occasionaly exit the ops center grab a microphone, turn off the music, and scream nasty obscenities at the enemy. After a couple of minutes ranting and raving on the microphone he would turn the music back on and walk back into his tent.

This same First Sergeant, on the same deployment, made a deal with a local farmer and ended up with 2 truck loads of manure and spreaded it in a field that was used by the enemy to spy on our camp. As funny as it sounds it was really effective but sure stunk up the camp when the wind was blowing in the right direction.

join