It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Stanley Kubrick an INSIDER?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Was Stanley Kubrick an INSIDER?!

[color=gold]Check this video, it starts out slow for a couple minutes, gets good. What do you think...? Is this true information or is this a clever DIS_INFORMATION PIECE?

Google Video Link

[edit on 12-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, it's a very clever MOCKUMENTARY.

But personally I think that there is also a little truth in it.

If you want the truth look to Kubricks 2001:Space Odessy.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by deessell]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Perhaps a faux-spoof? The cast is well... themselves in some cases. In Canada it was presented by a woman who went on to become Canadian Governor-General and I believe is a CFR "person". It's been discussed a bit on ATS... in relation to this and other topics. The Vernon Walters stuff is "killer".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanx, I hadn't thought about this one for a while,

Vic

[edit on 12-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
My favorite part is where the Vietnamese villagers kept the body of the dead CIA agent for the kids to play with.

The film had me going for quite a while. I'm still wondering about a lot of it. The following is a "companion link" to the one above. It's an interview with Bart Sibrel, maker of "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon". I think he is the chief moon trip denier and does address the possibility that Kubrick was involved in the cover up.

www.erichufschmid.net...

At the end of "The Dark Side of the Moon", some of the people make comments that left me thinking that a lot of what they said was said seriously. I started to become suspicious because of the liberal use of bridging quotations by the political principals that really could have been inserted into any conversation. All in all though, it's a great piece.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yea sometimes I believe that some insiders give us outsiders hints as to what is really going on. Hints that are not obvious or easy to follow. Perhaps they really want disclosure but officially of course cannot. Maybe some are not hints but subtle mistakes or oversights, made intentionally by the insiders.

In any case this video is engaging to watch, has a good story and makes you think.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The last post made me think of other famous supposed insiders, authors, directors etc.

Just off the top of my head I believe that the following have been proposed:

Steven Speilberg
Arthur C Clark
Carl Sagan

Any others?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think the whole deal would make a great conspiracy! Brash and obvious. Think of the people involved... if there were a conpiracy, then Walters, Kissinger, Eagleberger and especially Nixon's secret weapon Rummy are those who'd likely be the President's men.

If a conspiracy, these folks are defiantly brazen and scum of the lowest order - and they made a profane comedy about it - adding insult to injury, deliciously contemptuous.

Kubrick was ruthless for his art... 'even left America "to do it his way", would he do something like this for a single "one-of" lens involved in one of the great cinematic shots (Barry Lyndon) of all time? In my opinion, yes.

Was this "Dark Side of The Moon" evidence of a conspiracy? By itself no... but in context, perhaps. I don't buy the "we didn't go to the moon" story but I would entertain the notion of "we went to the moon and there were already "occupants" and/or a few others that might make some sense.

Do I have proof? Nope, not a lick, but many have advanced theories that iinvolve criminal conspiracy that do seems plausible, I enjoy those most.

Vic

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Not moon related but John Wayne was present at at least one atomic test and supposedly got FBI cooperation to personally stage the fake machine gun execution of a couple of people (sorry, I'm vague on who these people were, KGB agents or communist spies, or something like that) who were harassing him.

Also, Bob Hope was friend to several presidents and apparently, according to comedian Dave Thomas, who was a close admirer of Hope in his latter years, used to threaten people with IRS audit all the time.

Jackie Gleason was a friend to Nixon, who showed him the alien bodies in a fridge on an airbase in Florida, allegedly.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Good film, entertaining (worth watching to the end, like the very end!)

Loads of interesting point tho, makes you think. - Why move the entire launch site to get the sun in the correct position, why not move the camera?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Funny, I just watched the movie the other night, it's highly entertaining, but veers off badly with that whole Vietnam subplot, though the John Stewartesque translations of the villagers are hilarious.

Also the intercutting between Kissinger, Rummy, Walters & Eagleberger is a bit too obviously manipulative, but then that was the film's major theme after all.

And then you take it to the next level, and you wonder, how did the filmmaker get all those A-list PTBs to sign on to a parody mocking the Apollo program? All that eye-winking and smirking; they're having a blast...Are we being handed a parable?

Kubrick indeed did borrow a classified lens to shoot Barry Lyndon, had a special camera built to use it, and the results are spectacular. I always wondered how he managed, just assumed very well connected. Would love to learn more of that whole episode.

And the whole Hollywoodization of the Apollo program is not that far off the mark; besides borrowing their dramatization techniques, NASA controlled all the video/audio of the missions when in space. Apollo 13 in particular reeks of stagecraft and plot twist/development/cliffhanger/melodrama. And von Braun was a shameless camera-hog; imagine a NASA administrator like that today.

Quite fascinating K's widow went along with the game. And so much of Kubrick's work is about delusion/illusion, truth stymied. "Eyes Wide Shut" indeed.

This film does make you think, but more subtly than an in-your-face expose like "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon." The scenes from "Diamonds are Forever" shown there I'd forgotten; that was a pretty outrageous thing to put in a film in that era. A fake soundstage with a lunar landing in progress in the Nevada desert, run by a Howard Hughes-like character. You really do have to smile at the satire and the daring.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by gottago]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Yea that is strange how did they get all of those a-listers for this video? Didnt think of that before....

[edit on 14-4-2007 by greatlakes]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Ah yes, the A-listers and how? Or perhaps better, why? For an Arte France film no less, in the era of the "Freedom Fry". Hmmm. Yes. OK. Could the piece have worked without the A-listers? I'm thinkin' not. I have the Canadian version from the series Passionate Eye and the presentation by Canada's current Governor General seemed "CFR" like which characters in the film? Glad you noticed.

Kubrick did have a strong relationship with NASA especially during the run-up to shooting "2001". If you were gonna have a go to "guy" for something like a theatrical precision orchestrated conspiracy who better than Kubrick to produce it. De Laurentis... no, Ridley Scott...no. Look for a new "Barbarella" from De Laurentis soon.

Why those particular authentic "big-wigs" of America's mighty? Gravitas and authenticity and participating in such a cavalier tone production would obsfuscate and confuse anyone trying to actually seek support for sussing out the skeletons in the closet. To avoid suspicion do the obvious and enjoy it. All of those "performances" are unequalled and without precedent. Bizzare. You saw Rumsfeld, Kissinger and Walters right? The out-takes are some fine "acting" too and may be the real acting in a conspiracy scenario.

Masterful and so very, very Rumsfeld. So Kissinger. So very Vernon Walters. Ruthless "winners" every one and just callous enough to get away with it and film "the making of" in a smiles and chuckles, ain't we got fun manner. I shudder to think of Bohemian Grove.

Was he an insider? Was Kubrick merely a slave to his art bartering for a lens to out-do Rossilini or were there "other" factors... perhaps "darker" factors? Leverage? Uh, he did have a wife and daughter (the little girl on the vid phone in 2001). What other leverage would one need?

If there was a conspiracy I'd like to think Kubrick could have participated only unwillingly. He did have a "dark side" himself - watch any Kubrick film.

I read a piece by a futurist called Mead back in the '80's that said Kubrick was an outcast by choice and had a bit of a violent temper. Who knows which "who" had "what" on whom... the FBI may have had "detailed files" like on many other celeb-citizens. Either way...

Flip a coin? It could land on it's edge... every once upon "A Darkside Of The Moon". The entire murky she-bang would make a somber cinema noire.

Vic

[edit on 14-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Vic,

Indeed, it would be fascinating to go back to the well again, and prepare a documentary of the mockumentary. Dig into the how and the motivations of these amazing heavyweights signing on to do this, follow and flesh out all the innuendo...

What's really going on here? It's a hall of mirrors, the implications are far more brilliant, dark and elusive than the actual film.

[clean-up]

[edit on 14-4-2007 by gottago]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Yea that is strange how did they get all of those a-listers for this video? Didnt think of that before....

Do you actually think any of those "A-listers" were actually talking about a Moon-Hoax? The clips of Rummy, Kissenger, Kubrick's family, Aldrin, Nixon ect.. were all doing legitimate interviews about other subjects.

Their original "legit video interview" was chopped to fit this Moon Hoax theme..LOL

This Video shows how suseptible people are to being manipulated by video clips by taking quotes out of context. It is cherrypicking 101.

There were a couple of people being interviewed that were actually talking about a "hoax" -- the rest were talking about the Nixon era, or the Space program, or in the Kubrick family's case --talking about Barry Lyndon and 2001 a Space Odessy.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GwionX
Do you actually think any of those "A-listers" were actually talking about a Moon-Hoax? The clips of Rummy, Kissenger, Kubrick's family, Aldrin, Nixon ect.. were all doing legitimate interviews about other subjects.

Their original "legit video interview" was chopped to fit this Moon Hoax theme..LOL

Gee, thanks for clearing that up for us! Had no idea...

The point being made here is a bit more subtle than that. It's about allusiveness, playing with truth, revealing by parody, the manipulation of "fact" and "history."

Kubrick being a masterful filmmaker is a perfect jumping off point for such ruminations/speculations, and to tie him with Apollo hoaxing is simply brilliant.

We're just enjoying and running with the ideas at play in the film; no need to berate everyone like we're wayward kids playing with matches.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Sorry if you feel berated..it was not my intention.

I do not think this thread belongs in the 9/11 conspiracy forum.

Isn't there a forum on ATS that is geared more for a "Moon-Hoax" topic?

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree that this thread is oddly placed now that you mention it, but I'm happy to post on it all the same. Just thinking about the A-listers in the movie, how they got there, what they say and don't say and the other issues in the film is somewhat mindboggling. I think that is part of the film's strength. It certainly is disturbing that they can bury you so deep in sound bites that they actually have to start burlesquing themselves outrageously to avoid becoming front page "expose" news. As methodology goes, there is a connection there to 911. The film is definitely an exercise in the creation of a "documented" lie.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

Definitely an Insider.....
Devastating proof that the landing was shot in a studio on Earth! I just watched Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets hidden in the films of Stanley Kubrick, and it exposes Kubrick's "deal with devil", how he faked the moon landings in order to secure his future. This film was just released and is available at sacredmysteries.com....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kabestone
reply to post by greatlakes

Definitely an Insider.....
Devastating proof that the landing was shot in a studio on Earth! I just watched Kubrick's Odyssey: Secrets hidden in the films of Stanley Kubrick, and it exposes Kubrick's "deal with devil", how he faked the moon landings in order to secure his future. This film was just released and is available at sacredmysteries.com....

You can watch it on YouTube for free now, to preview it before buying it.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join