It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Himself Cant Handle War Anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Bush Appoints War Czar

The White House wants to appoint a high-powered czar to oversee the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan with authority to issue directions to the Pentagon, the State Department and other agencies, but it has had trouble finding anyone able and willing to take the job, according to people close to the situation.

At least three retired four-star generals approached by the White House in recent weeks have declined to be considered for the position, the sources said, underscoring the administration's difficulty in enlisting its top recruits to join the team after five years of warfare that have taxed the United States and its military.

Well after a grueling 4 years entrenched in endless conflicts, GW has finally come to his senses that he cannot possibly handle all of the conflicts that he has started by himself.

That being said, he has warrented the creation of a new position of War Czar that would oversee all of the ridiculous conflics that GW has gotten us into.

The only problem is that no one is stupid enough to take the job. Not even top ranking military officials want to take the heat for our administrations foul-ups.

What does this say about the state of our government?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Says SNAFU. The acronym.

So, The Decider in Chief decides he needs a Deputy Decider. Wow, this list of Deciders will go on and on ad nauseum. Smaller government, my behind!

This says that the Decider has decided that this "war" must be managed, like a business, and not by someone who traded Sammy Sosa. Question--is this relief pitcher going to liquidate this war or restructure it for a long term investment?

The Decider seems to be like the guy on the riding lawnmower--"I'm in war up to my eyeballs, will someone please help me"

It's actually kind of sad. Terrible for troop morale, when the Commander In Chief looks like he's cutting and running. The captain leaving the sinking ship. Pontius Pilate washing his hands.

With the Iraq War bunted to someone else, what will we hear from the Oval Office--daily reports of Barney's shenanigans instead of his master's?

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Actually what he wants is for 2 things:
One is plausable deniablity, like what Regan had with Col. Oliver Stone,
And 2) Someone who, if things go badly, can take the heat, leaving him in the free and clear.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well it looks as though George has found a willing fall guy to the the head scapegoat for all that goes on in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This guy must be a complete glutton for punishment.

Bush finally finds willing War Czar

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The way i see whats going on is completely different than whats been said so far in this thread.....

the Unity Execuitive
and an even more emphasized 'Commander-in-Chief'
role for the office of the President
is being re-fashioned by the VP himself, through Office of Special Plans

GWB today, and all future elected 'presidents'?, will have an authority more like the historical Ceasars of Roman empire fame.

Peace time presidents are a thing of the quaint past,

the new War Czar is the continuance of reconfiguring the government
with HomelandSecurity et al.
Hardly a shift the blame exercise, or fall guy

[edit on 16-5-2007 by St Udio]

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Its just more distance between him and the war

His Czar of War will still answer to one man.

top topics

join