It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Columnist States Imus Not the Problem

page: 1

join
share:
Tea

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Imus isn’t the real bad guy

Instead of wasting time on irrelevant shock jock, black leaders need to be fighting a growing gangster culture.

Thank you, Don Imus. You’ve given us (black people) an excuse to avoid our real problem.

You’ve given Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson another opportunity to pretend that the old fight, which is now the safe and lucrative fight, is still the most important fight in our push for true economic and social equality.

You’ve given Vivian Stringer and Rutgers the chance to hold a nationally televised recruiting celebration expertly disguised as a news conference to respond to your poor attempt at humor.

Thank you, Don Imus. You extended Black History Month to April, and we can once again wallow in victimhood, protest like it’s 1965 and delude ourselves into believing that fixing your hatred is more necessary than eradicating our self-hatred.

The bigots win again.

Source Editorial

I was on my way home from visiting family out-of-town, when I caught excerpts from this editorial on Charlie Sykes, 620 WTMJ. The author, Jason Whitlock, is black.

I commend him for speaking honestly about what many blacks will not admit to themselves or anyone else. The single biggest source of racial problems in the US lies squarely in the heart of the black community.

[edit on 4/12/2007 by Tea]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Excellent post TEA.

The single biggest source of racial problems in the US lies squarely in the heart of the black community.

Having angry, racist, and woman-degrading rap 'music' rhythmically pounded into the heads of impressionable youth and young adults day in and day out will definately have a major negative effect upon them.

Best to take the log out of your own eye before trying to remove the splinter in someone else's ... eh??

Tea

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Having angry, racist, and woman-degrading rap 'music' rhythmically pounded into the heads of impressionable youth and young adults day in and day out will definately have a major negative effect upon them.

Best to take the log out of your own eye before trying to remove the splinter in someone else's ... eh??

rotflmao - Absolutely. The problem is that the apologists have allowed that log to remain firmly implanted. Until they (apologists) stop genuflecting at the altar, the true racists will never practice introspection.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The same editorial is being discussed here
www.abovepolitics.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments on the above linked thread.

Closed.

top topics

join