It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Tipped off by the US on possible Al Qaida attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Al-Qaida supposdely was going to try and blow up a Military Hospital.

Germany - Authorities closed off streets around a Germany military hospital Tuesday, saying they had received a tip from the United States that al-Qaida-linked extremists planned car bomb attacks against the facility.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031230/ap_on_re_eu/germany_military_hospital

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I could see a possible conspiracy plot in this. If the people in the U.S. administration were total jerks, they could allow terrorist attacks in other countries that were not sympathetic (Germany, France, etc.) to our causes - and thereby dragging them into our "war on terrorism." I'm glad such things don't happen. Or do they?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
(I could see a possible conspiracy plot in this. If the people in the U.S. administration were total jerks, they could allow terrorist attacks in other countries that were not sympathetic (Germany, France, etc.) to our causes - and thereby dragging them into our "war on terrorism." I'm glad such things don't happen. Or do they?)

I dont think that US are Barbarians, they already find a way to take their revenge by not allowing Contract to hostile countries for the reconstruction of IRAK.
But who knows, sometimes the governement hase bizarre thoughts and maybe they want this to happen!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
LOL! It doesn't matter what they do I think,

you will find fault with it anyways.

Not to sound barbaric but maybe Germany needs a terrorist attack or two to realize who wacky the arabs are.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Not to sound barbaric but maybe Germany needs a terrorist attack or two to realize who wacky the arabs are.

NO! You don't sound barbaric at all, you psycho nutbag.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

LOL! It doesn't matter what they do I think,

you will find fault with it anyways.

We don't need that. You know why? Because we respect religions(not terror) and tomorrow I will celebreate a new year together with friends who are christians and muslims. I played soccer in a team with mostly arabs etc. - and it works. It is like with every other humans but if you treat them like I can expect from your post - it is you who needs some re-education about a lot of stuff.
In germany we live together with arabs and many many nations from all over europe. here in cologne we have especially lots of turkish people. Some suck, most are cool, like people from every country of the world.
You have a very few idiots from a worlds region who do wrong and you blame all arabs.

Now how weak is that? Id-iot!

Edit: This is not the first time I saw you posting racist bullshiat, how about thinking before posting?

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
***Some suck, most are cool, like people from every country of the world.
You have a very few idiots from a worlds region who do wrong and you blame all arabs. ***

You are absolutely true and those persons are always paying for a couple of stupid man who are using religion for motivated his terror attacks!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by logiclock
I could see a possible conspiracy plot in this. If the people in the U.S. administration were total jerks, they could allow terrorist attacks in other countries that were not sympathetic (Germany, France, etc.) to our causes - and thereby dragging them into our "war on terrorism." I'm glad such things don't happen. Or do they?

They are, actually, already on board with the war on terrorism. It was the war in Iraq they weren't on board for. This is part of the agreement many countries made after 9-11, all terror intel should be shared with the country where it is suspected it will occur.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wow, hadn't pegged you as a racist, TheNeo...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Interesting....

German companies have been implicated in selling nuclear processing equipment parts to Iraq, and Pakistan, and others.

Yet the US targets countries that are customers of these companies, but not yet a nuclear power.

I would think that...

1- The terrorists would not bother the germans, becouse of their trading practices are in the terrorist home country favor,...

2- The US would probubly not tip off a country that was not a 'partner' of some type.

3- The tip off could just be a public dis-info attempt, aimed at showing the world that Germany is a terrorist target too,...when in fact the opposite may be true.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
2- The US would probubly not tip off a country that was not a 'partner' of some type.

3- The tip off could just be a public dis-info attempt, aimed at showing the world that Germany is a terrorist target too,...when in fact the opposite may be true.

Unless the U.S. wanted Germany to "owe us one," and there wasn't a terrorist attack planned at all.

I do wonder why terrorists would target Germany.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I do wonder why terrorists would target Germany.

The good thing is that they don't target german objects, they target US objects on german soil so they still go on in the focused terror on the USA. It is just too hard to strike attacks in the USA today.
The bad thing is that they are targeting at all. But there was a lot of progress busting terrorists and islamists here in germany.

1- The terrorists would not bother the germans, becouse of their trading practices are in the terrorist home country favor,...

This is a bit true but not like all think because of some business relationships. Nothing to be proud of but it made germany a good country in the mind of many people in the arab world. And this was through the actions of the Nazi regime. Unfortunetlay.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
And this was through the actions of the Nazi regime. Unfortunetlay.

Actually I was referring to the last couple of years.

Some difficult to make materials and parts and technology has been traced from Iraq and Pakistan, to German companies.

But this is not the only country that has been implicated also.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Actually I was referring to the last couple of years.

Some difficult to make materials and parts and technology has been traced from Iraq and Pakistan, to German companies.

But this is not the only country that has been implicated also.

Uhm Iraq? You mean those materials they created those large amounts of nuclear weapons which are just hidden too good for the USA and all others to find? Yea.

About Pakistan, can't see anything wrong in Germany or other countries delivering technology for that to Pakistan. They used it as object of fear against the indian overpower. They know for sure they will be dead if they use any of those. Same situation as with Russia and the USA a while back. Can't blame them for that.
Or you think Pakistanis shouldn't have nuclear weapons? Pakistanis are evil? Well I met about 50 Pakistanis in Bologna, Italy. They were very friendly(maybe they have somehow a strange social behaviour - friendships or relations to woman) but some of them are very modern. Went partying with 3, puffed some joints with them and hundreds of italian young people..ahh good time. With Pakistanis, really. No joke

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   

About Pakistan, can't see anything wrong in Germany or other countries delivering technology for that to Pakistan.

Or you think Pakistanis shouldn't have nuclear weapons? Pakistanis are evil? [Edited on 30-12-2003 by shoo]

Ummmm.....no !

www.atimes.com...

To deal with Pakistan, the Washington response in the first stage is to control its nuclear power, and then to create more US bases in Pakistan. This strategy would take Pakistan back to the 1960s, when Pakistan had very limited military and strategic interests in the region, and what there were, were linked to agreements with the US.

It has nothing to do with evil,...but following the US sanctions and controls. I was mistaken partially in the time frame and country of final destination but...

www.pakistan-facts.com...

In the view of some analysts, Pakistan is "double-dealing" with the U.S., claiming to work together in the war against terrorism while maintaining ties with North Korea of the sort that essentially facilitated the current nuclear tension on the Korea Peninsula. After the 9/11 terrorist attacks the U.S. invested a lot of political capital to cultivate improved ties with Pakistan. The U.S. waived all economic sanctions against Pakistan in return for Pakistani cooperation in the war against terrorism. Now President George W. Bush has his hands tied. The U.S. government has doggedly worked to stem the proliferation of nuclear (as well as chemical and biological) weapons to hostile and unstable countries.

I originally said Iraq, although this still may be true,...but apparently Pakistan has been selling to Iran, and trading nuktech for missles to North Korea.

I know several Pakistani's also, and they are decent peoples, as you suggest. But the Al-Qieda does not hate the US people, just the US gov.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

About Pakistan, can't see anything wrong in Germany or other countries delivering technology for that to Pakistan.

Or you think Pakistanis shouldn't have nuclear weapons? Pakistanis are evil? [Edited on 30-12-2003 by shoo]

Ummmm.....no !

www.atimes.com...

To deal with Pakistan, the Washington response in the first stage is to control its nuclear power, and then to create more US bases in Pakistan. This strategy would take Pakistan back to the 1960s, when Pakistan had very limited military and strategic interests in the region, and what there were, were linked to agreements with the US.

It has nothing to do with evil,...but following the US sanctions and controls. I was mistaken partially in the time frame and country of final destination but...

www.pakistan-facts.com...

In the view of some analysts, Pakistan is "double-dealing" with the U.S., claiming to work together in the war against terrorism while maintaining ties with North Korea of the sort that essentially facilitated the current nuclear tension on the Korea Peninsula. After the 9/11 terrorist attacks the U.S. invested a lot of political capital to cultivate improved ties with Pakistan. The U.S. waived all economic sanctions against Pakistan in return for Pakistani cooperation in the war against terrorism. Now President George W. Bush has his hands tied. The U.S. government has doggedly worked to stem the proliferation of nuclear (as well as chemical and biological) weapons to hostile and unstable countries.

I originally said Iraq, although this still may be true,...but apparently Pakistan has been selling to Iran, and trading nuktech for missles to North Korea.

I know several Pakistani's also, and they are decent peoples, as you suggest. But the Al-Qieda does not hate the US people, just the US gov.

Wonderful
, I basically see we think the same about it just didn't bother to express it very detailed
- thanks for summarizing that nice up there.

Though I really doubt the NorthCorea and Iran dealing stories. At least NorthCorea would be a big problem to get the stuff into the country without anybody noticing.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

But the Al-Qieda does not hate the US people, just the US gov.

They hate both of them.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Al-Queda hates the "infidels" which they consider the US full of

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   

NO! You don't sound barbaric at all, you psycho nutbag.

LMFAO!!!

*falls of chair laughing*

Thats the funniest comment I've read today.

top topics

join