It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolchildren to be fingerprinted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is out outrageous in my opinion.

Quote from "Daily Mail":
Up to 5.9million children face having their fingerprints taken by schools in another move towards a 'Big Brother' society.
Pupils will have to hand over their biometric details simply to borrow library books or gain access to school dinners.

Link

What do you think about this?

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
Up to 5.9million children face having their fingerprints taken by schools in another move towards a 'Big Brother' society.

yeah, God forbid that a child goes missing, but because thier fingerprints are on file they're able to be traced and found....

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hate to break this to you, but there have have been mass fingerprinting of school children for years.

I, myself, was taken for fingerprinting when I was around 9 or 10.

That would have been in the early eighties.

Nothing new for me.

Welcome to the modern age.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
When I started secondary school in September 2001, we were all pulled out of class to be fingerprinted, apparently it was for the library, which to this day I do not believe.

Not only was it not teachers that took the fingerprints, it was some men I had never seen before, they were taken by a scanner connected to a laptop, a bit too high tech for a school that could barely afford chairs.

Looking back on it, it was a few weeks after 9/11 and being only 11 didn't really think anything of it, but looking back it seems rather suspicious.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I honestly don't think there is any way around fingerprinting.

They take your fingerprint at the bank, when you purchase something from a pawn shop, or even when you cash a check at a grocery store or supercenter.

I too was fingerprinted when I was kid. If I remember correctly, it was a whole class thing, of going to the police department. I didn't think anything of it then, and still don't really. They're gonna get them one way or another.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah, when I was 7 (1987), the Police came to my school and fingerprinted the whole damned school.

It's been happening for years and years. The parents only find out when the kids say " Mummy, Mummy! Guess what!? The Police came to my school today and fingerprinted EVERYBODY!!"

Oh well.

I've committed a few 'low order' crimes in my time and I haven't been busted for them..... maybe my fingerprints are broken.... or the little kiddies 'prints weren't worth keeping during spring cleaning.

MWUHAHAHA!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think if the right reason was only to find a kid and make share there safe and not with a rapest would be good and great. We would save thousand and thousand of kids lost a year.

But we both know that the gvt would use this power for just anything they want.

The question is what evil could they do, with kids finger printed. Not too much I would think. Not if we where talking about chips in there hands this would be a problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
SHELLSBUT!

Our kids will only be fingerprinted if WE ALLOW IT. If we allow it, because we're weaklings and inferior beings and stupid, we will be to blame.

Just have a nation of MILLIONS against this and watch them NOT be able to do diddly.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have never gotten my fingerprint taken down (that i know of at least), and will try my best to avoid it all together, the less anyone knows the better

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I too have never been fingerprinted, even that one time I got arrested, they didn't fingerprint me, as I was not charged. This is just creepy and the reasons being put forward (Oh won't someone please think of the Children) are dubious at best and an outright lie at worst. Only Criminals and those in Authority should be required to give away their biometric identifiers.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am very paranoid on the subject, I was asked to submit my fingerprints in order to go into the airport to catch my flight, this just being around a couple of months after 9/11. I said no thanks and decided I had some driving to do.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How would this protect a kid? It wouldn't. The best it could do is maybe identify a body. Most kids kidnapped by strangers/non family members are not found. Elizabeth Smart and those 2 boys are rare cases.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I must be somewhat unique in that I've been fingerprinted once in my life. That was when I was required to carry rather large sums of money. Odd.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They will say this is for the protection of our children, after all, you want to protect our kids right? You are a terrible parent if you don't get them chipped because you don't want to protect them. What would the chip do? Would it be like those pet chips where you can scan the dog to find out where he belongs.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What the hell. being finger printed would not be the problem. So what your finger printed they know who you are, and if you brake a crime they can find you if your in front of them. So what. being finger printed is not the problem i think. why would finger printing be a problem???? Now if its a credit card and gpa system to show were your at. that might be a problem a chip in the hand.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hmmm, thats odd, I've never been fingerprinted at school but a lot of you said you have. I don't know, i don't see it as that big of a deal, but i wouldn't want my kid or myself to get fingerprinted for no reason.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
How would this protect a kid? It wouldn't. The best it could do is maybe identify a body. Most kids kidnapped by strangers/non family members are not found. Elizabeth Smart and those 2 boys are rare cases.

I had a good think about the subject today and I came to a conclusion. Basically, it was what you said right there.

A terrible thought, but children go missing more than anyone would like, if a body is found that cannot be identified visually, fingerprints are a quick and efficient way of identifying a body.

Also, I'm a bit of CSI addict and however far from reality it can be at times, many of their cases require a fingerprint to be identified. If the nations prints are on record it makes solving crimes quicker and could potentially save lives.

Basically, it isn't a way of taking away your freedom at all, if you haven't committed a crime, then it shouldn't be a problem.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I say go ahead and fingerprint the little buggers...

Not only are they going missing, but they are becoming criminals. More and more cases (like muggings, theft, even murder, etc) involves children committing them. Then everyone blame it on movies/games/music... so fingerprinting them would only be for the best.

It's not the parents fault (it is, partially), but the children's own fault that they brought this down upon themselves.

$0.02

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
This is out outrageous in my opinion.

Quote from "Daily Mail":
Pupils will have to hand over their biometric details simply to borrow library books or gain access to school dinners.

Link

What do you think about this?

The Biometric Scanning at a young age makes it possible at a later date for the individuals that were susceptible to this star trek lunch time scanning and book borrowing, to be involved in a lifstyle with the eyes apon them...

It will also make it easier and less questionable when RFID chips come into play, people will be tired of pushing there thumbs on things and will gladly swipe their forearms or hands across Rfid scanner type machines or mybe even eye scanner software can be put into effect at malls and stores to gladly show you what your mind desires...

Technology like this in my eyes should be banned... indefinate

top topics

join