It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I moved into this house about two months ago. This morning, while eating breakfast with my roommate, he asked me if I had any significance with glass. The glass I was pouring milk into was cracked. He said since I have lived here, there has been about 6 glasses that have broken. He said he has rarely ever broken any glass. Then, an hour or so later, when we were getting the boat ready to go out, he stood on the 6x6 boards, which he always uses to climb into the boat, and they fell, dumping the glass recycling bin, breaking quite a few bottles. This compelled me to come here to see if anybody would have any idea as to what is going on.
What might be related, is that about a year ago I got introduced to astrology from my grandmother, who read me my horoscope from some old book that she had, that hit the nail square on the head. Since then, I have bought a horoscope book, and read my friends and family's horoscopes, that amazingly reads everybody pretty close to a T. About a week ago, I pulled out my tarot cards that I bought probably about 10 years ago. I never really got into it, but I did a basic past, present, and future the other day, and it all just makes sense. I am slowly getting hooked with this stuff, and my friend today said that the glass breaking is related, because I am messing with the flow of time. She didn't say that with those words, but that is pretty much what she meant.
I am not religious, but I have read the bible, and understand religion. I am very interested in math, physics, and astronomy, which I believe is the reason that I cannot succumb to the religious "cult." Pretty much what I want to know, is if anybody has seen this before, is it all just a coincidence, and what might be the significance. My mind is very open, and I always try to find reasons for everything, but this is crazy!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
You have strong grip, happens to me all of the time

First question pops up in my mind.. why would glass break cuz you meddle in time? Why glass. why not e.g. wood showing cracks? metal items rusting "too fast"

Also I don't really understand your post. Sounds to me you had one of those days...? can you be more clear?

Maybe I just read too much, been reading for a few hous straight on various topics online.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Glass is kind of a unique substance.. For all practical purposes, it is a liquid, and most commonly it's looked at as a solid.... Might have something to do with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaTaX
Glass is kind of a unique substance.. For all practical purposes, it is a liquid, and most commonly it's looked at as a solid.... Might have something to do with it.

Ok but this is just temperature related.. If you look at it like that metals are liquid.. at specific temperatures metals become liquid just like glass, so do some plastics, water is a solid at a certain temperature and below..
Basicly what I mean to say, glass is not unique.

Didn't find the story/question very clear. So i'll check back again in a few days to see if he has replied yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What he meant was glass is actually considered a liquid at room temperature, just a very very viscous one. Take a look at the windows in a really old building sometime - a church or public building being the most likely candidates. If they have the original windows, the glass at the bottom is actually thicker than that at the top, as the "liquid" glass molecules flow downwards.

It's basically to do with the molecular structure, from what I remember.. Glass isn't crystalline, doesn't solidify in the same way as other substances..

As far as the breaking of glass thing, no idea, but superstition says breaking a mirror is 7 years bad luck, and mirrors are made of glass.. maybe there's something to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yeah it was pretty late when I wrote that, and after a few drinks
, let me see if I can clear it up a bit. Since I have moved into this house our drinking glass supply has worn thin. Neither of us has purposely broke them, they just seem to break and crack for no reason, or just happen to break in the sink. The glass recycling bin fell over, breaking most of what was in there. My roomate went with me to my grandmothers house for Easter dinner, and just before we sat down for dinner, my brothers shirt caught a vase on a nearby table sending it crashing to the floor, throwing glass shards and all the marbles that were in there in all directions. It just seems very coincidental that when we're together, glass just seems to break. We are really good friends, almost like brothers. We discuss UFO's and other alternative topics all the time, so both of us are curious as to what it may signify.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here is a link from google that describes what I am talking about well, if you read the top and bottom sections it will give you the gist of what I was describing.

math.ucr.edu...

Also it could be a coincidence that draws both of your attentions because you are aware of it. Maybe that same friend gives you bad gas when you're around them, but that's laughed at and not really thought of... Couldn't give you a reason for that to happen either, just thought I'd think of something semi-humorous to compare it to....

Do they break in the sink or in the dishwasher? Just asking because if you load the dishwasher poorly the cups can crash into each other and cause chips and cracks..

Either of you have a weird past event involving glass at all? Perhaps a bad injury or something?

EDIT: Forgot the link.....

[edit on 10-4-2007 by HaTaX]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hmm well I don't have any good explanation, just something down to earth that might or might not apply.
It's interesting, but I really can't think up anything 'deep' right now lol

Maybe when you 2 are together, being such friends and get to talking and whatnot your awareness of your surroundings is less, so the probability of knocking something over etc etc. are increased.

Something like when you're shy and soon as girls are around you start knocking things over, bumping into stuff etc..
Lessened awareness of surroundings/preoccupied...

I really can't figure why tarot reading would have anything to do with it though.
I'm pretty openminded... but this is all that springs up in my mind at the moment.

Thanks for the link about glass hatax, I studied amongst other things chemistry and physics but we never regarded glass as special.. still, gonna check that link...
But then I'm not exactly a physicist, just a lab rat.

I'll check back later again

Originally posted by Inannamute
If they have the original windows, the glass at the bottom is actually thicker than that at the top, as the "liquid" glass molecules flow downwards.

Sorry but no, The glass was cut that way.. it didn't flow. you can check the link hatax supplied.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
*shrug* was just something I remembered from a science class a long time ago..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Could all just be a coincidence. I have gotten pretty interested in the divine, and I guess I am trying to link the two somehow. I know glass has a deep past, the Egyptians used it in some of their pharaoh's sarcophaguses, it was special in important ways, now it is just a way of life.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not too deep (anymore) into this stuff. But I think water has far more references to the divine, a way to connect, used in most scrying rituals etc..

If you're so interested I suggest you look at connections between the occult and water. I have an incling you will find a lot.

new topics

top topics

join