It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first UFO sighting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Okay , Earlier I was walking home from the shop with my brother , when
in the sky travelling what we assesed to be east to west and at a fair speed was a glowing orange ball , first assumption was hot air balloon , but it was moving far too fast for that , I then suggested a plane with an engine fire (this glowing was orange like fire) , just to rule out a few facts we heard no engine noise , we heard no rotor wash as one would expect from the police helo or similar.

Now my brothers got a very smart phone and the first thing that I said was for him to film it , which he did we have a bout a minute of footage before my brother gave up as he was embarresed at what the passing cars might think!

Unfortunately the film quality turned out pretty poor however the object is clearly visible as well as some disbeliving commentry from me and my brother, although it appears white on film although the colour was flame orange.

So as I am new to all this I have a few questions to ask all you UFO type folks.

1. How do I upload this film , I have no clue.

2. How do I go about investigating further , there is no way that we the only ones that saw this strange occurance.

3. This put the wind up both of us we both had chills up the spine , is this normal? I guess adreneline?

Finally I thought id try and answer a few more questions as best I can about what actually occured,

We are situated in central Mansfield Nottinghamshire England, best I can describe the speed of the objact was similar if not a little faster than when you see airliners travel accross the sky , It was very bright very orange hence my initial thought that it was a plane on fire , we watched it for about 5 minutes and then and thia was the bit that got us thinking it seemed to climb very rapidly indeed and just vanish.

As I said we assesed it was traveling east to west altitude who knows but to high to discern any detail other than the bright orange glow.

Sorry if ive rambled a bit and ill apriciate any help ofr suggestions .

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
1) youtube.com
2) i'd go to where it landed or where u think it was headed
3) normal o_O

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by buckaroo

So as I am new to all this I have a few questions to ask all you UFO type folks.

1. How do I upload this film , I have no clue.

2. How do I go about investigating further , there is no way that we the only ones that saw this strange occurance.

3. This put the wind up both of us we both had chills up the spine , is this normal? I guess adreneline?

F

I find this interesting, because I've seen some anomalous orange lights. To understand this better, we need to know much more about the lighting conditions and other factors. The exact time and time zone (or as close as you can come) would be helpful. The angular height above the horizon is also very important, as is an estimate the total angle the object covered as you saw it moving. At night it's almost impossible to judge distances in the sky, but with some information on the geometry we can sometimes rule out some explanations.

If you make your photo small (uselss for evidence, but Ok for illustration) - you can upload it at member center -> member upload space (click on the icon bar above). If you want people to take a serious look at it, you'll need the full size image, unprocessed and uncropped. There are any number of free services you can use for this - I recommend Flickr. Images that don't have the object in them but were taken at the same time or with the same camera settings at different times are also useful.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Interesting sighting. what type of phone was it? (might sound offtopic but I'd like to know anyway)

As for hosting, if you can't get it hosted, or are afraid even more compression will be done to the file etc.. you can send me a msg through ats if you want me to host it for a while. (this is not an invitation to just anyone to start messaging about having their file put up lol)

join